T20 World Cup Game 51 Super Eight India v Australia June 25 2400hrs @ Daren Sammy Cricket Ground St Lucia

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Stoinis standing up against Oman and Scotland.

Then failing miserably when the pressure is on against Afghanistan or India is no surprise.

Remind me why we bothered beating Scotland again last week.

Stoinis standing up against Oman and Scotland.

Then failing miserably when the pressure is on against Afghanistan or India is no surprise.

Remind me why we bothered beating Scotland again last week.
Don't screw with form ... and if caught deliberately not trying getting a big fine and Marsh banned. Probably not worth it

Disappointing end to the tournament, almost lose to Scotland, then losses to Afghanistan and India.

It’s our least prioritised format though, and I actually reckon we’ve improved at T20s after really not taking in seriously for years.

Unfortunately it seems the format will be the way the game is grown, T20 WCs will be often, will have to continue to place some importance on it.

Do people here really care that much though? I actually don’t mind T20s, but pretty meh about this, looking forward to next summer v India.

Got arrogant with selection last game. Paid the price now will and deserve to miss out.

It's hit and giggle anyway.

Means more to India than any other country by far

Don’t think last game was the wrong decision Agar and Cummins were easily our best two bowlers.

We just fielded horribly and deserved to lose it was not a 150 odd pitch or whatever they made we should have kept them to 130 ish that’s the game there

So our rebuild team is what?

Head
JFM
Inglis
Marsh?
M Short
Green
???

Zampa
Cummins
Ellis
Spencer Johnson

Not sure who are our best options as a middle order/finisher role.

Hate that middle order you need GENUINE finishers (good question who they are though) and how is Marsh some certainty? He’s fairly old as it is. Short in the middle order when he’s hopeless against spin is asking for trouble. I’d look at a second spinner it’s the way the game is moving forward. Green at 3 please you need a safety blanket if those are your openers.

So our rebuild team is what?

Head
JFM
Inglis
Marsh?
M Short
Green
???

Zampa
Cummins
Ellis
Spencer Johnson

Not sure who are our best options as a middle order/finisher role.
Head
Short
Marsh
Hardie
Inglis
Green
Davies ??
Cummins
Ellis
Johnson
Zampa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Head
Short
Marsh
Hardie
Inglis
Green
Davies ??
Cummins
Ellis
Johnson
Zampa

Green is batting way too low he is NOT a lower order slogger bat him at 3 (marsh is lucky to even be in the side as it is). Hardie isn't a bad call, and yeah Ollie Davies should be one of those finishers. Swap Inglis and Hardie around in the order but whatever there.

Disappointing end to the tournament, almost lose to Scotland, then losses to Afghanistan and India.

It’s our least prioritised format though, and I actually reckon we’ve improved at T20s after really not taking in seriously for years.

Unfortunately it seems the format will be the way the game is grown, T20 WCs will be often, will have to continue to place some importance on it.

Do people here really care that much though? I actually don’t mind T20s, but pretty meh about this, looking forward to next summer v India.

You make some really good points. Do Australians care or not. Care enough that there needs to be an investigation or royal commission (ok not that far) into where t20 resides in the context of cricket.

The BBL seems to get a lot of attention so in that respect CA do care about the format/revenue. If so, how does it translate into international success? If you recall correctly when the one dayers came in it was essentially the test team rolled out. Glancing casually at the current team there are some testies in there. notably starc, hazel and cummins. They play all formats. Are they suited to the shortest format? They dont play BBL as such do they to ascertain form etc. Id like to know.

I think we pinched the 2021 T20 cup and that justified us not picking a T20 side, we just use the ODI side and swap 1 or 2 out (like labu/smith for david)

Yep and lets be real we won a lot of tosses in that WC where the toss was crucial...and we had Marsh in peak form he was complete rubbish this WC if he wasn't captain he'd have been borderline dropped last night

I do agree but he was on last night. That ridiculous catch was the difference in the end.

He dropped Pandya and it cost us 20 runs in the field, and it was a dolly too. Yeah he batted better than usual but he was complete trash the whole tournament. The middle order was the issue. Why wasn't Inglis playing for starters, let alone Green who was better than playing David who never does anything when it matters

You make some really good points. Do Australians care or not. Care enough that there needs to be an investigation or royal commission (ok not that far) into where t20 resides in the context of cricket.
I don't know many people making time to watch this WC but mostly because it's on Amazon, people aren't signing up/paying extra for T20. Follow the results level of care without caring enough to pay extra is my assessment...

I don't know many people making time to watch this WC but mostly because it's on Amazon, people aren't signing up/paying extra for T20. Follow the results level of care without caring enough to pay extra is my assessment...
I feel that amazon prime is one of the most popular streaming services and as a result heaps of people have it. Main reason for prime membership is get fast, free delivery, great entertainment, exclusive early access to offers and more.

Prime includes Prime Reading: members get access to a rotating selection of over a thousand e-books, comics, short works and more.

Prime Video is the only place where you can watch Amazon Originals like The Boys, Little Fires Everywhere, Upload, and Last One Laughing.

Prime Music

Prime members enjoy free games, a free monthly Twitch channel subscription, and more gaming benefits. All included with your Prime membership.

I feel that amazon prime is one of the most popular streaming services and as a result heaps of people have it. Main reason for prime membership is get fast, free delivery, great entertainment, exclusive early access to offers and more.

Prime includes Prime Reading: members get access to a rotating selection of over a thousand e-books, comics, short works and more.

Prime Video is the only place where you can watch Amazon Originals like The Boys, Little Fires Everywhere, Upload, and Last One Laughing.

Prime Music

Prime members enjoy free games, a free monthly Twitch channel subscription, and more gaming benefits. All included with your Prime membership.
Are you in sales for Prime haha? I know about 2 people who have it but it's anecdotal either way

Due to the abundance of streaming services splintering sport across many services, more and more people are sailing the high seas with dodgy firesticks or similar

Prime Music

Yep. Of all the streaming services I have loved it being on prime, it has meant I didn't have to order something else. The stream is fantastic too, sure is better than some other services.

Remove this Banner Ad

T20 World Cup Game 51 Super Eight India v Australia June 25 2400hrs @ Daren Sammy Cricket Ground St Lucia

Back