Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Great username ^^

reminded me of

matey-bottles.jpg

Lol, a mate just mentioned this stuff the other night. Had legit not even thought about it for 20 years.

You're the one that needs the reality check, mate. Brisbane hold the cards, not you. Beams has stated he wishes to be traded to there, they have not approached you and made and stated they wish to pick him up, therefore this works in their favour.

Obviously it'd be great if they could negotiate a fair trade, but the onus is not on them to get that done. Further to that, you have stated they should be prepared to give up someone that has a fair chance of holding GREATER value than Beams. That is ludicrous. Please explain to me why you believe they should give up a James Aish or Sam Mayes for a player who they did not go after. That makes 0 sense.

James Aish who's name has been thrown in the hat plenty of times in this thread is Brisbane's equivalent of Marcus Bontempelli, and I feel Collingwood supporters are underrating him. Don't forget this is a club that saw a mass exodus of young players this ear, so the last thing they need is to trade out someone who genuinely wants to be there.

Your kidding yourself if you don't think Brisbane would be desperate to get their hands on Beams. There own players came out weeks ago and said it would be great to get Beams. They are simply not showing their hand.

There is absolutely no guarantee that Mayes plus pick 4 would be better value then Beams, 4 could be a total dud or injury prone and Mayes might stall in his development. Beams is a ready made star and you can take that to the bank. Ive never mentioned Aish, I don't think Brisbane would consider that. If you want a ready made star that is in contract then you need to be prepared to lose something that down the track could turn out to be better.

Oh and he is contracted , we do not have to trade. I have made my argument on my previous post and why I think it is important for Brisbane to land a big fish so no need to go over that.

Even Your greatest Son Voss said this morning we hold the cards. I would love it to all work out for Beams as he has given us great service and seems like a cracking bloke. But as much as the high and might do gooders want to take the high moral ground it is still a business.

How is pick 4, pick 22 and Lester/Harwood a shitty deal? The onus is on you to trade, not us, he is asking you, not us. Worse case, we wait until next year when you are required for force your hand.

TBH, Pick #4, Pick #22 and Hardwood isn't a bad return. Gives us four picks inside the top 30 in this draft, and a handy young-ish utility with interesting size.

Last edited:
And to all these supporters stating Brisbane do not want to trade, its Beams who wants to go to Brisbane. Come on, spare as all the BS. Do you really believe Brisbane don't desperately want Beams. Listen to what your players have said , listen to what swan has said. Have a look at your last 8 or 9 years. Your are all desperate to get him. I don't blame you for want to pay unders anymore than I blame us for wanting a fair deal but don't try and tell us that you only want him because he has ask to go there.

No...but then you're being deliberately misleading, aren't you?
Pick 5+7 =/= 3+4
Miss leading? Aish is worth a bit more than pick 7 to us now. He is a still an 18 year old pick 7 who has played 21/22 games averaging 17 disposals a game.

Miss leading is suggesting Kennedy was still worth pick 4, he hadn't done much in a bottom 2 team. Worth more like pick 8-12 at that stage.

Miss leading? Aish is worth a bit more than pick 7 to us now. He is a still an 18 year old pick 7 who has played 21/22 games averaging 17 disposals a game.

Miss leading is suggesting Kennedy was still worth pick 4, he hadn't done much in a bottom 2 team. Worth more like pick 8-12 at that stage.
A pick 4 TALL FORWARD hadn't done much in a couple of years on the list. Gobsmacking! Yeah... nah, doesn't make him worth pick 8-12, especially when contracted. I suppose we should pick up Boyd on the cheap for pick 8-12 soon? Aish would probably still be taken around pick 5 if last years draft was repeated as well, but is more valuable to Brisbane than pick 7 I would agree.

Your kidding yourself if you don't think Brisbane would be desperate to get their hands on Beams. There own players came out weeks ago and said it would be great to get Beams. They are simply not showing their hand.

There is absolutely no guarantee that Mayes plus pick 4 would be better value then Beams, 4 could be a total dud or injury prone and Mayes might stall in his development. Beams is a ready made star and you can take that to the bank. Ive never mentioned Aish, I don't think Brisbane would consider that. If you want a ready made star that is in contract then you need to be prepared to lose something that down the track could turn out to be better.

Oh and he is contracted , we do not have to trade. I have made my argument on my previous post and why I think it is important for Brisbane to land a big fish so no need to go over that.

Even Your greatest Son Voss said this morning we hold the cards. I would love it to all work out for Beams as he has given us great service and seems like a cracking bloke. But as much as the high and might do gooders want to take the high moral ground it is still a business.

If only Voss was our greatest son. I think you'll find he played for Brisbane though.

Well, obviously Brisbane will be desperate to get their hands on Beams, but they simply are not going to trade one of the players that genuinely wants to be their after spending the last 12 months building a culture that people actually want to be a part of. This is the part I don't think you are understanding, Brisbane will simply not trade someone who wants to be there after last year's exodus, even if Mayes and pick 4 was fair.

It really is not important for for Brisbane to land a big name. It would be great for them, but it's not vital. They are on the rise and if they want to be back in contention for finals in the next few years, they need the culture to get them there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was traded after two years on the list, in which he couldn't crack a regular game in a side that finished last and second last.

His coaching staff had such faith in his abilities as a key forward they played him in the ruck as a 19 year old.
He played 22 games... so was tracking about as well as Tom Boyd I suppose. I suppose he would be an afterthought in a trade as well?

Player X wants to leave and he's nearing FA qualification. That almost never works out well for the club Player X belongs to, but because it's Collingwood they think they hold all the cards.

Well I'm surprised.

No need to plead. Just offer up fair compensation instead of taking advantage of said man's wish (who as far as we know isn't dying, but don't let that get in the way of your agenda).
Pick 4 is a fair compensation given that Beams has asked to be traded and has stated his preference is to play with his brother in brisbane.

Im curious at all the collingwood supporters who think that a player that asked to be traded due to him wanting to be with his dying father at end is worth pick 4 + Aish, what the **** would you guys have wanted if he never asked to be traded and didn't have a severely ill parent?

Kennedy was pick 4 in the draft, not a player that multiple clubs were trying to secure pick 1 to draft. Boyd's currency after one year is greater than Kennedy's was after two.
Yes, correct. But the point still stands. Talls don't lose value after 1 or 2 years not impacting when they're originally rated that highly.

Im curious at all the collingwood supporters who think that a player that asked to be traded due to him wanting to be with his dying father at end is worth pick 4 + Aish, what the **** would you guys have wanted if he never asked to be traded and didn't have a severely ill parent?

Rockliff + Hanley + Aish + pick 4 + pick 22 + 2002 and 2003 premiership cups might do it.

We would't trade him. Can you stop with the dying father shit as well? Nothing suggests he is dying that we know, and it's pretty disrespectful.

We hold the cards I doubt we'd give you aish or hanley or redden or whoever the **** you guys want.

Brisbane hold no cards he has a contract and is a RFA next year.

Your mob will pay up, the smart people who run your club such as Swann know how important it is to get a star of his quality after being the laughing stock broke little bitches to the new up and coming team down the road.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back