Dayne Beams or Mitch Robinson

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd take Beams. Love Robinson's attack on the footy, can play too, but Beams has stood up this year since Ball went down and has taken his game to a new level. Robbo hasn't been able to stand up to the same level (could possibly be Ratten's fault for not making him more of a midfielder). Beams has produced numbers consistantly that is in line with what A grade guns get. He, along with Sidebottom, is one of the reasons Collingwood is flying.

Beams is on the way to becoming a star, only negative is he doesn't have a great finals record, but injurys are to blame for that IMO.

As for the question, Beams by a long way ATM.

Think Beams is a gem...love the way he goes about his footy. Would rate him in the top 4-5 of his draft, and Robbo somewhere just outside the top ten so there is your answer.

Some of the commentary of Robinson on here is a bit over the top though...plenty of valid opportunitites to pot Carlton this year, no need to have a crack at the one bloke who is showing some spirit.

Robinson is an honest trier (one of the better honest triers going around, but an honest trier nonetheless) and Beams is a star. No contest. Bonus points to Beams for not looking like a character from Deliverance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams. Robinson has a real crack but isn't polished. Beams has had to stand up all year and is doing a good job.

Well Robinson was the better player tonight.
But Beams was completely shut out of the game by Carrazzo.
Certainly doesn't change my opinion but Robinson shouldn't be sneered at.

Yeah Robinson is a bit underrated I'd say, but Beams has been in red hot form, was due for a quiet one and got beaten by a very good tagger.

Robinson is hard at it but he lacks any real AFL talent and reminds me of Slim Shady. Personally I would take Brock McLean over him, so Beams quite easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dayne Beams or Mitch Robinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back