Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most definitely would expect to hand over a couple of later picks. I think that that will be close to the deal that is going to be made.

Would you accept:

Pies: Pick 18 + 2019 First Round + Josh Smith

For

Brisbane: Beams + 32 + 41

Lions offer 5 + 18 for Neale, and retain a future first.

Dodongo points out there is a big difference between pick 5 and pick 18 and another pick in the 15-18 range.

Plus maybe we are playing hard ball too. Obviously Connors played Fremantle and us against each other and Collingwood were involved. Maybe Collingwood can say to Bell ease up now so Brisbane ease up on Beams.
I admit the difference between pick 5 and late firsts, but also a high pick is no guarantee to become a star either, which Neale is in my opinion.

Last edited:

Dodongo points out there is a big difference between pick 5 and pick 18 and another pick in the 15-18 range.

Plus maybe we are playing hard ball too. Obviously Connors played Fremantle and us against each other and Collingwood were involved. Maybe Collingwood can say to Bell ease up now so Brisbane ease up on Beams.

Dodongo would get on great with a guy we have on our board from time to time called Zunatale. PIEWITHSAUCE will try and hook you two up.

Dodongo is correct in that there are first rounders (15-18) and there are FIRST ROUNDERS (top 5 or 6) - so the net effect of our trade will quite possibly come down to how we do next year.

If we can do Pick 18 and next years first for Beams + some later 2018 picks back for points OR Pick 18 and a 2019 1st for Beams and a 2019 2nd then we are paying a fair price IMHO as we back ourselves to make next years first a late one and almost a 2nd rounder.

Much more than the above and we walk hopefully.

pick 18 and next year's second round is more than enough for someone who had a recent long term injury and is nearly 29. While the concept of "loading up" is understandable. I would have thought that we could load up with a backman.... i hear jesse hogan wants to play half back

this might be an opportune moment for me to vent on the ridiculous use of "first round pick" in trade discussions. In the case of beams we are offering the bears a FIRST ROUND PICK. evidently this pick is the same as the one carlton has, which is their FIRST ROUND PICK (FRP). IN fact, we should swap our FRP for their FRP and everyone will be happy. After all, FRPs are all the same.

Hopefully the Adams trade to you guys will go through next since the dogs just finished the deal with richmond for Lloyd.
Yere I saw that....In the words of Bruce....."Down to the last 72 hours.....It's enthralling, it's fascinating. It's great for the punters. Now wouldn't it be DELICIOUS if somehow the Brisbane Lions can entice Cyril out of retirement. What do you think Duck? Could this really happen"???

I think Connors’ wording is merely a very polite request to Greg Swann about what he needs to do if he doesn’t want to wake up with a horses head in his bed on Thursday morning.

The rest of the horse is attached though? Right...?

pick 18 and next year's second round is more than enough for someone who had a recent long term injury and is nearly 29. While the concept of "loading up" is understandable. I would have thought that we could load up with a backman.... i hear jesse hogan wants to play half back

It’s easily enough.

They are just salty we chose well with JDG and crisp turned into a player!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dodongo would get on great with a guy we have on our board from time to time called Zunatale. PIEWITHSAUCE will try and hook you two up.

Dodongo is correct in that there are first rounders (15-18) and there are FIRST ROUNDERS (top 5 or 6) - so the net effect of our trade will quite possibly come down to how we do next year.

If we can do Pick 18 and next years first for Beams + some later 2018 picks back for points OR Pick 18 and a 2019 1st for Beams and a 2019 2nd then we are paying a fair price IMHO as we back ourselves to make next years first a late one and almost a 2nd rounder.

Much more than the above and we walk hopefully.

Dodongo said from the outset the other day the best deal would be your two firsts and us giving you picks to help with your academy this year. 100% that will be the trade

Dodongo would get on great with a guy we have on our board from time to time called Zunatale. PIEWITHSAUCE will try and hook you two up..

Dodongo and Joffa had a good rivalry back in 2001-2003. If anyone knows Joffa then please tell him Dodongo says hi and that Dodongo airlines is better than Joffa airlines. Hopefully Joffa has a good memory because they were fun times.

Dodongo said from the outset the other day the best deal would be your two firsts and us giving you picks to help with your academy this year. 100% that will be the trade

76WS reckons you should just hand over Beams and pick 5, and in exchange we’ll handle the negotiations with Freo to get Neale to you.

#bargain

Brisbane fans are delusional, saw one trade that was 2 firsts and sier that they wanted. **** that keep him, he’s 29 no way is he worth that much.

As much as I love Beams even if we traded Sier in a straight swap I’d lose my shit.

To quote the gimp “ I’ve f had it re”

I do like seeing the glue huffers over on the Brions board get worked up at trade time though. Gold star to any poster who kicks the hornet’s nest.

I think we can throw in a "steak-knives" player like Josh Smith, but it won't be Sier or Josh Thomas. Definitely not a player from our 22 in the GF.

I reckon it will get done for pick 18, 2019 first rounder + Josh Smith for Beams, 32, 41.

32 + 41 give us equivalent points for our pick 18, meaning we basically get our first rounder this year back (as we'll likely have to spend it on an academy bid anyway).
That would be the worst trade in history. OK, he is playing well now, but in 2 years, who knows? We could be giving up 2 1st rounders for nothing. No deal.

this might be an opportune moment for me to vent on the ridiculous use of "first round pick" in trade discussions. In the case of beams we are offering the bears a FIRST ROUND PICK. evidently this pick is the same as the one carlton has, which is their FIRST ROUND PICK (FRP). IN fact, we should swap our FRP for their FRP and everyone will be happy. After all, FRPs are all the same.
Exactly, our first round pick is much closer to their second round pick, than their first. If we were to trade 2 x "2nd round" picks for Beams people would say it's a steal. If we end up giving pick 18 and next year's first rounder, it won't be far off that in reality. It will end up being that with something small coming back later in the Draft I would imagine.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

As much as I love Beams even if we traded Sier in a straight swap I’d lose my shit.

I do like seeing the glue huffers over on the Brions board get worked up at trade time though. Gold star to any poster who kicks the hornet’s nest.
No chance of sier going anywhere, will be a staple of our midfield for years to come. Reminds me of a young jpk

Re, sier no go zone.
On a re moment, where is our re mate, thought he be all over this period

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back