Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gun player but at his age 2 first rounders is a total overpayment. Even 1 first and future 2nd is pushing the limits. I’d certainly not want him for 2 firsts. Sorry Dayne. Lions are being unrealistic.

It would be unrealistic 10 years ago, but as the game sits in the current landscape players like Dayne Beams, and to a lesser extent Bryce Gibbs last year, they are worth their weight in picks due to their ability to play midfield/forward. I would be absolutely stoked to trade a first-round pick (18) and future second-round pick for a player who rarely loses a one-on-one contest and has always had a soft spot for Collingwood.

We still have key issues in the backline to address, but to add another gun midfielder is going to make the next couple of seasons very pleasing to go with the blokes already in there.

First this year is, and next year will probably get it done.
Back ourselves in to make it around the same number again.
As long as we get a second or third back it is ok.
Others are right they are close to the second round.
It will depend upon how much the club wants him back.

Exactly, our first round pick is much closer to their second round pick, than their first. If we were to trade 2 x "2nd round" picks for Beams people would say it's a steal. If we end up giving pick 18 and next year's first rounder, it won't be far off that in reality. It will end up being that with something small coming back later in the Draft I would imagine.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
You are spot on mate. Finally some rationale. Pick 18 is the last pick in the first round when compo picks are not included. It’s essentially as good as a second round pick. Add next years first, get a later pick back from them (this year or next) and get it done if we really want him.

Not sure if its been posted:

Yes it has, but not all together like this.
Probably true at the time.
It seems wether this year, next year or when the contract is finished he has informed the club he is moving back to Victoria. Only a matter of when, not if.

So how much has his value gone down? A high first and a high second down to 2 x late firsts? Compare what some people are suggesting we give now compared to what we got in 2014:

5th Pick + 25th Pick = 2634 points
18th Pick + 14th pick (given most would project us around 3rd-6th) = 2146 points

So his value has dropped 488 points or the equivalent of a 37th pick?

Great player but he is 28 and about to exit his prime, on top of that how many games has he played in the past 4 years? 50? Seems silly. By comparison look at what 1 injury did to Scully's value...

You don’t want that gig :)

You humans.

You flog us when we are dead, use our heads to send messages from underworld figures, get us high so you can get off us again, stare into our mouths when you get one of us as a present, take us to water when we aren't ****ing thirsty, and stick carts in front of us and somehow expect us to push when we have no ****ing hands.

One of these days, one of us is going to become overlord of the planet and then just you wait. Your kingdom won't be enough for us.

If we are going to pay overs by giving 2x 1sts for Beams... are there any Crisp like steaknives additions we can seek from the Lions?

Toby Wooler would be one to look at. Sam Skinner is a big 197cm 94kg kid who could maybe become a full back...? And of course, Jack Frost remains on their list... though I'm not seriously suggesting that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't this year supposed to be a superdraft? Pick 18 in a superdraft is still a bloody good pick. Or isn't this year a superdraft anymore?

Superdraft.

Beams is an absolute jet and I am so ****ing devo to see him go. He is my favorite player by the stretch of the straight, if he can stay fit he can win a brownlow on a better team.

If we can escape this shit-fest with 2 first rounders (albeit late) ill be happy as Larry though. Can't believe it's even being discussed, I thought we would get screwed into just pick 18.

Big gamble for a 29 year old with a bung knee and shoulder, but could be the difference that snares you a flag, might be worth the risk. Hopefully we all come out of it happy.

Beams is an absolute jet and I am so ******* devo to see him go. He is my favorite player by the stretch of the straight, if he can stay fit he can win a brownlow on a better team.

If we can escape this shit-fest with 2 first rounders (albeit late) ill be happy as Larry though. Can't believe it's even being discussed, I thought we would get screwed into just pick 18.

Big gamble for a 29 year old with a bung knee and shoulder, but could be the difference that snares you a flag, might be worth the risk. Hopefully we all come out of it happy.
Was a jet. Now he’s just an accumulator of the plenty of those around and at 29 he’s going to be on the decline very soon. Maybe get a year or two from him if he doesn’t get injured. A pick 18 could get so much more.

Beams is an absolute jet and I am so ******* devo to see him go. He is my favorite player by the stretch of the straight, if he can stay fit he can win a brownlow on a better team.

His age and recent injury history are the main reasons why I personally would be hesitant to part even with pick 18 truth be known.

Combined with how strong our midfield already is, it seems crazy to me to pay even more than that.

IMO if it's not 18 and a future 2nd it'll be two firsts for Brisbane's second. It's probably better for us but it sounds better for Brisbane.
Our footy department know better than I do, but I’m hoping that jake nyalls report is a fabrication. That is well over the odds from our requirements perspective. Has had his injury problems too.

I would rather throw two first rounders at May personally

Wasn't this year supposed to be a superdraft? Pick 18 in a superdraft is still a bloody good pick. Or isn't this year a superdraft anymore?

Superdraft.
Only ever been the superdraft for the first 7 to 8 players.
Never been more than that.

Does anyone else think that the deal has already been done by Connors?

Just for the theatre of it they will announce it at 8.27pm Wednesday.

Someone check the fax machine if we're going to be pushing boundaries.

Brisbane fans are delusional, saw one trade that was 2 firsts and sier that they wanted. **** that keep him, he’s 29 no way is he worth that much.

Maybe they meant Beams and 2x 1st round picks for Sier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back