Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can use pick 18 for Quaynor - rookie him when he's not looking, trade next year's round 1 for May, use the FS pick to draft Kelly, swap next year's points for this year's 3rd round - use the leftover points to go into deficit and get Wingard while Clarkson is making peace with Jeff K.

While this is happening we can trade live on draft night ensuring we get Beams, May, Wingard and upgrade next year's 2nd round to this year's 1st and do a salary dump on the Dees.
Where's Hogan in all of this?

How often has Beams been tagged and how did he go?

I can't recall too many times when he was with us...
Usually Zorko is the damaging mid with the Brions.
I doubt Beams will demand the oppositions main tag.
That honor should go to Sidebottom, then either Treloar or Pendles and to an lesser extent Grundy.
Leaves Sier, Adams and Beams . And no, I am not counting on Wells playing again.

Usually Zorko is the damaging mid with the Brions.
I doubt Beams will demand the oppositions main tag.
That honor should go to Sidebottom, then either Treloar or Pendles and to an lesser extent Grundy.
Leaves Sier, Adams and Beams . And no, I am not counting on Wells playing again.
I suppose I should have been clearer in my post what I was getting at, maybe he is thought of that highly as he has pretty much a free rein with other players being tagged.
Still not a fan of his returning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose I should have been clearer in my post what I was getting at, maybe he is thought of that highly as he has pretty much a free rein with other players being tagged.
Still not a fan of his returning.

Yet somehow you think he'll get more attention in Collingwood's midfield as opposed to Brisbane's? And if he does somehow get the number #1 tag then fine, that frees up Sidebottom and co. to do their thing.

I'd back Beams to break a tag better than a sidebottom or treloar.

Last edited:
Returning to Collingwood could prolong his career really. Fully expecting him to be midfield/half forward like in our premiership year, doesn’t need to be the dominant midfielder here.

I think Beams does free up Pendles a little bit, expect him to be playing on a wing/half back role next season and he will absolutely thrive in those roles. He will definitely still get midfield time at centre clearances but won’t be heavily relied on imo.

Best thing about this midfield is all the experienced guys can all play in multiple positions and be effective in different roles, we’re going to be a nightmare to match up on.

Pendlebury - Half back/Wing

Sidebottom - Anywhere forward of centre

Treloar - Deep forward

Beams - Half forward

Adams - Half back

Along with Sier and Phillips still learning their trade. Then there’s De Goey, who could see more slightly more midfield time if Elliott finally gets fit.

Exciting times ahead if we manage to pull this off!

Not that you can take anything from who they follow on Insta, But thought it was interesting that in the last 24 hrs, he has followed these boys, making that 15+ pies players he follows.
Screen-Shot-2018-10-16-at-2-10-39-am.png

Dunno why I don't buy into the whole I will fulfill my contract if a deal cant be reached. I would be shocked come 8:30 if this deal hasn't happened this just feels like a tactic to make him look better from an outside point which clearly hasn't worked, anyhow I look forward to see this midfield in action go pies !

The law does indeed agree with you ...

... but until such a time as players / clubs take legal action to over-ride the draft and the trading rules, then the law stays out of it.

Bryce Gibbs and Cam McCarthy weren’t able to transfer where they wanted to in a timely manner despite the law being on their side.

A slab and a carton of ciggies! That's big money there!

So from reports 2 first rounders for Dayne. Rather be using 2 first rounders on May. But will take it.

Not that you can take anything from who they follow on Insta, But thought it was interesting that in the last 24 hrs, he has followed these boys, making that 15+ pies players he follows.
Screen-Shot-2018-10-16-at-2-10-39-am.png

Means nothing, Hawthorn posters were getting a hard on when their players were on Shiels instagram account as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back