Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First rounder (next years) or now potentially Langdon now may come into play. Hope not but we’ll have to give up something substantial.
No way on earth is that deal good for us. Midfielder of his type is not a need of ours. Would love to get him though, there is no doubt...he’s not the most durable type injury wise...partly because he plays like a human wrecking ball. Has maybe 2-3 years of top Footy to offer.

I don’t think his request would have resurfaced if collingwood didn’t indicate they could get the deal done. I wouldnt hand over more than our second rounder, as we are taking on significant salary too right?

Really just depends on what we have to give up it seems like Langdon may be going could we still possibly get beams and May glad I'm not in charge

What we have built over the last couple of years is something really special. Remember how everyone has noticed that love and care?

This is a bloke who showed none of that on his way out and spoke terribly of the club and our coach.

Do. Not. Want.

The bus left Dayne. Get on the train somewhere else.

What we have built over the last couple of years is something really special. Remember how everyone has noticed that love and care?

This is a bloke who showed none of that on his way out and spoke terribly of the club and our coach.

Do. Not. Want.

I was exactly like you Morgs. He was my favourite player and I have heard plenty of bad things about Dayne back then even before he left us.

The fact he wants to come back just to US speaks volumes.

Everyone grows up at different stages...….I have changed my tune and I will welcome him back.

The guy is a gun and will only make us better.

Our Culture is bullet proof now IMO. If Bucks is ok with it so should we.

Our first pick should do it. He’s not in the top 20 players in comp.
I’d rather Quaynor at 18 than trade for Beams with that. Has Langdon gone, I hope he’s only gone on holidays and will re-sign soon.
Beams back flip is pretty controversial given his comments to Brisbane end of season. If Pies were involved then maybe Ned told him to shut it down so as not to detract from the finals.
I’d rather keep Sier, JT, Flipper and co. Happy to send back Smith as Steak
knives in any deal if he wants to go home.
Whilst we’re being hypothetical in these controversial times, Pendles was our midfield weekness in the finals. Would anyone sacrifice Pendles for Beams with Tay to become captain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was exactly like you Morgs. He was my favourite player and I have heard plenty of bad things about Dayne back then even before he left us.

Everyone grows up at different stages...….I have changed my tune and I will welcome him back.

You’re more forgiving than I am.

Him leaving broke my heart. I cried in the supermarket when he asked to be traded. I’ll never forget how he held us over a barrel refusing to go to Gold Coast.

We screwed Brisbane the first time, the only interest I have in this situation is if we screw them again. For the lols

Last edited:
This is a very strange one, but may be an acceptance that we lost this year's final in the midfield, and that something has to change to cover this. I'm more inclined to look for improvement in Seir in particular to provide the change. If he can improve his time on ground numbers, he would cover the midfield problem. Beams' forward capabilities don't seem within Seir's possibilities, but this is not an area of concern for us, and we haven't tried Seir there anyway.
The trade cost would seem to be beyond our resources, particularly as Brisbane would still be smarting over the cost to them of getting him in the first place.
I would be prioritising the retention of Langdon and looking for tall defensive backup rather than hunting headline trades.

cmon VP we've all been to a lunch/bbq which became a dinner and meant we missed a club function. it happens after 20 beers.

Nah, its a no for me. I'm very unforgiving. I remember slights against Collingwood going back decades. Its how I organise my personal likes and dislikes.:p

You’re more forgiving than I am.

Him leaving broke my heart. I cried in the supermarket when he asked to be traded. I’ll never forget how he held us over a barrel refusing to go to Gold Coast.

We screwed Brisbane the first time, the only interest I have in this situation is if we screw then again. For the lols

Sounds likes emotion is clouding your view on this one Morgs (fair enough).

It is a good business decision getting Beams back.

We become stronger. He is a gun.

Nah, its a no for me. I'm very unforgiving. I remember slights against Collingwood going back decades. Its how I organise my personal likes and dislikes.:p

the interesting part for me is that he apologised to Bucks for the spray he gave him on the way out and they have kissed and made up. If its good enough for bucks its good enough for me.

Beams has always been one of my favourite players & I'd love to have him back in the black & white colours again.

This news to me says a few things.

May isn't going to happen & we are resigned to the fact he will end up at the Dees.
The Hogan, Neale, May trade seems logical to me & we have nothing to satisfy the Suns as far as a trade. Perhaps we have moved on?
For Beams to have said "only Collingwood" it also tells me that we have spoken to him as well & are keen.
Players don't nominate a club without checking if they are wanted there first.

In all this I fear we aren't going to have Quaynor or Kelly with us next season. Where will we get the points from?
If we get Beams we wont have a first or 2nd round pick this year. Same scenario with May more than likely.
Got to be worried about Langdon now as well. Looks gone.

Good post - I think they realise May is gone. Trading is about improving your list and you cannot get enough A graders on to your list. Beams is that and is a walk up start to our best 18. And no doubt the have spoken to Beams as you say they dont nominate unless they know they are wanted.

In terms of Kelly and Quaynor we can go into deficit next year to land these guys. We probably have enough points to land one and go into deficit next year.

Presumably Langdon is on the way out so we will recoup a decent pick from him which we use to on trade for Beams (maybe?)

the interesting part for me is that he apologised to Bucks for the spray he gave him on the way out and they have kissed and made up. If its good enough for bucks its good enough for me.

OK, fair enough, but I have another gripe against Beamsy.

I was a baby moderator when he left us, and was toying with our collective emotions for days. 76woodenspooners and I spent hours and hours over many days and even weeks deleting abusive posts, banning abusive posters, getting rid of trolls (visiting Brisbane fans and maybe even a Brisbane mod:straining:). Then the idiot coach of the day - Leppa - let loose on social media and on it went. Was a horrible time.

Do. Not. Want.

Couldn’t agree more, can’t believe that this is even being considered by the club. He’s about to turn 29 and has how many good years left in him before a serious decline is evident, 1 maybe 2? It’s very easy to stand out in a team of developing kids, his numbers for 2018 would not replicated in a 2019 Pies team. Not to mention the depth and options we have available in the midfield, there’s no glaring hole there that we need to fill.

I can’t forget the manner in which he left the club and his reported attitude in the years after Malthouse and up to his departure. Maybe I’m just cynical, but Pies are back in September and now he wants to come back ... yeah, nah. Eff off, actions have consequences and you made your bed, now lie in it.

Speaks to me that he has fear of missing out on possible Flag.

The fact he wants to ditch Brisbane suggests to me that he hasn't grown up at all. Looks selfish to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back