Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So talk of Dayne Beams wanting to return to Collingwood has re-surfaced.
Reports are he wants to come Collingwood.

How does it get done?
Langdon will go.
Sydney will get a pick in 40s for Hannebery.
Sydney give us pick 24 + 40s pick. We give them Langdon + the Fas compo pick (50odd?).
We give pick 24 + Thomas/Sier/Phillips... if we don’t offer something decent, Lions tell us to GTFO. Beams will provide GOOD value for at least 4-5 years. He was runner up B&F this year. Imagine a core midfield of Sidebottom, Treloar, Adams, Beams, Pendles, DeGoey for the next 3 years...GTFO!!!!
We keep our first pick and offer that plus our future second for May. May is holding off nominating us until his manager says we have got enough to get him.

Straight swap for Oxley would get it done, imo.

If they're not happy with that we could potentially entertain throwing in Blair, only if something came back our way in return, say a late second rounder.

Funny how these things go.

We can't give up pick 18 this year. Our priority has to be on clinching Quaynor, which I think pick 18 will do, while Will Kelly, another long-term need, will probably get done with a couple of third rounders.

100% wrong. it should be a priority moving that pick either in a trade for a player or more picks later on.

Langdon will go.
Sydney give us pick 24 + 40s pick. We give them Langdon + the Fas compo pick (50odd?).
We give pick 24 + Thomas/Sier/Phillips... if we don’t offer something decent, Lions tell us to GTFO. Beams will provide GOOD value for at least 4-5 years. He was runner up B&F this year. Imagine a core midfield of Sidebottom, Treloar, Adams, Beams, Pendles, DeGoey for the next 3 years...GTFO!!!!
We keep our first pick and offer that plus our future second for May. May is holding off nominating us until his manager says we have got enough to get him.

Wouldn't be happy to loose JT or Sier

I think you're on the ball in regards to May, could be a great trade period for us.

Chris Fagen just on SEN ... reports he had no idea this was coming. Found out this am like the rest of us.

100% wrong. it should be a priority moving that pick either in a trade for a player or more picks later on.

We'll have to wait and see.

If you'd done as much work looking at Quaynor as I have, I don't think you'd be jeopardising your chances of securing him.

Hopefully club is better at maths than I am and can secure both boys with combination of points.

Again, Beams is 29. He's got two years of elite footy left and perhaps, if he's even keen to keep playing on post 31, another couple of decent years after that.

Wouldn't be happy to loose JT or Sier

I think you're on the ball in regards to May, could be a great trade period for us.

Chris Fagen just on SEN ... reports he had no idea this was coming. Found out this am like the rest of us.
JT....meh
Sier... yep, I’d be gutted.
Though, there is ZERO chance of getting Beams unless we offer a young, very good midfielder who looks likely to improve.... ie Sier, Phillips (and maybe even Daicos).

Got a whole heap of crap put on me the other day for defending the decision for Beams to come home.

Yeah he isn't the youngest, yeah he will cost a fair bit, but let's see how much that matters when he has a fookin Norm Smith hanging around his neck....

Going to be very interesting to see what happens. I think Bris are going to play hard ball... especially with what we got for the Beam’s trade

Last edited:
Sier, IMO, is untouchable at this point, given his output in his first 12 games.

I wouldn't even do a straight swap, let alone throwing him in as part of a package.

JT I could be coerced on, but I'd rather he stays too.
Sier is off limits in my Opinion, should not be traded in any case! I would gladly ship off Phillips if it meant getting Beams back. Phillips is an accumulator but is too often a fumbler. Beams is one touch and better around goals!

I just heard a Brisbane list manager say the only way it will happen is a direct swap for Adams or Treleor

If you'd done as much work looking at Quaynor as I have, I don't think you'd be jeopardising your chances of securing him.

Hopefully club is better at maths than I am and can secure both boys with combination of points.

Again, Beams is 29. He's got two years of elite footy left and perhaps, if he's even keen to keep playing on post 31, another couple of decent years after that.

Did I say we wouldn't get Qaynor? There are other ways to get him rather than using pick 18. Going into deficit for 2019 for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F**k people here are a little off with the trade. This years first rounder and next years would likely not get the deal done. Pick 18 this year and likely pick 13-18 next year is no where near a satisfactory deal.if we really want beams were going to have likely this years first, next years first and a 3rd rounder might get it done but why would Brisbane accept 2 late 1st rounders, it would be another steal like the last beams trade for us. Beams imo was the best player in the second half of the year so he will not come cheap like some of you believe lol. Langdon and a 2nd founder must be a sick joke

Got a whole heap of crap put on me the other day for defending the decision for Beams to come home.

Yeah he isn't the youngest, yeah he will cost a fair bit, but let's see how much that matters when he has a fookin Norm Smith hanging around his neck....

It's easy to argue anything when you get to add a Norm Smith medal on the end.

got a question for you. What's Qaynor like on his left in a game? watching him in the field kicking test he had an awkward style which looked stiff and robotic. I know he hit targets but when you can steady its not that hard.

Langdon will go.
Sire untouchable IMO, and not even for Beams!

F**k people here are a little off with the trade. This years first rounder and next years would likely not get the deal done. Pick 18 this year and likely pick 13-18 next year is no where near a satisfactory deal.if we really want beams were going to have likely this years first, next years first and a 3rd rounder might get it done but why would Brisbane accept 2 late 1st rounders, it would be another steal like the last beams trade for us. Beams imo was the best player in the second half of the year so he will not come cheap like some of you believe lol. Langdon and a 2nd founder must be a sick joke

You do realise his walking once his out of contract? Phillips and our 1st is fair value

Did I say we wouldn't get Qaynor? There are other ways to get him rather than using pick 18. Going into deficit for 2019 for example.

Nor did I say it's impossible to get him without 18. But, if a club bids on him in the 10-15 range, which is expected, it's going to be a squeeze to get it done without that pick, but certainly not impossible.

As far as his kicking on the left, remember Heath Shaw kicking on his left? It's like that.

The one area we are not lacking in, is the midfield.

It just doesn't work for us.

Not sorry.

I just heard a Brisbane list manager say the only way it will happen is a direct swap for Adams or Treleor
So they wouldn’t accept Superman or The Flash? Surprising...

We will see a lot of this posturing over the coming days. Most likely the deal will get done if Beams is serious about wanting to come home. At his age 29, we should not be paying overs.

Not sure what we pay as I dont want to lose any of our current squad.

Haha yes very good, delivery needs a tweak but otherwise good effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back