Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We get a 20% points discount though, similar to FS I assume?

I've already factored in the discount with the 820pts.

We'll get both Quaynor and Kelly so no worries on that front but the Kelly bid will almost certainly cause us a deficit and push back our 2019 2nd rd selection if a bid for him comes in that round.

Who knows but with us trading away pick 18 and bringing in a reasonable total of points to cover Quaynor around that mark I wonder whether a team is less likely to bid in the first round now or it wont make any difference.

Financially speaking Quaynor gets paid more if he's a round 1 selection doesn't he so he might care.

Do people understand what we actually paid for him ?

Not saying I do as its bloody confusing! But my assumption is we can still get Quaynor and Kelly with our picks this year ? So we are essentially getting Beams for next years first round. As still have enough points to get those two other guys ?
Correct, Pies have worked the deal well. We would of used pick 18 for Quaynor anyway. Well done Pies...now look at our midfield...
A graders - Sidey, Treloar, Pendles, Beams, Adams, De Goey, Grundy....mouthwatering.

Wasn't exactly a position of need, but we got the best player of the trade/FA period for two late teens (hopefully) picks and the points we needed to get Kelly and Quaynor.

If he's on the front-ended contract he's reported to be, that's even better.

you kidding me?
bloke may be a gun player, but has a shit attitude and thinks nothing about blatantly lying to his teammates.
the biggest thing at risk here is the culture that has taken time to build up, resulting in the success we had this year.
i'm very disappointed in this trade
Perhaps, but he's a premiership player for us. I didn't really consider the whole cultural aspect of it, but he does have leadership qualities. For a player of his quality it's well worth the risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct, Pies have worked the deal well. We would of used pick 18 for Quaynor anyway. Well done Pies...now look at our midfield...
A graders - Sidey, Treloar, Pendles, Beams, Adams, De Goey, Grundy....mouthwatering.

Don’t forget Sier.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do people understand what we actually paid for him ?

Not saying I do as its bloody confusing! But my assumption is we can still get Quaynor and Kelly with our picks this year ? So we are essentially getting Beams for next years first round. As still have enough points to get those two other guys ?
Basically that’s how it looks with the points coming back in.
The club feared that they would have to match an early bid with our first anyway, so would not have been able to select another kid before Quaynor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back