Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it would seem Brisbane have been dicks till the end and have only accepted pick 56 instead of 57 because it has points attached.

Picks 41/44 are worth 774pts. A bid at 17 is worth 820pts.
Oh what? I thought we gave them the non points pick. What a bunch of flogs.

So it would seem Brisbane have been dicks till the end and have only accepted pick 56 instead of 57 because it has points attached.

Picks 41/44 are worth 774pts. A bid at 17 is worth 820pts.
Clubs can continue to trade picks up until the draft this year. Would be great if we could bump 57 up a couple of spots!

Last edited:
Lol should bookmark all these melts for when Beams gets us a flag next year.

Feel free to bookmark my post.

I am very "meh" about this move.
An elite player right now, but 29 and icing on the cake, rather than a clear necessity.
I am glad we got something else back for our two 1st rounders, but i think Brisbane got the better end of the deal.

Hopefully he continues at this level for another 2-3 years, and hopefully he adds some consistency and skill to an already very talented midfield.
I will be interested to know how his return goes behind closed doors and if everything has just been resolved by the passage of time, or if there is a bit of work to be done given some of the rumours and comments that came out in his final year with us and his move to brissy.

Very happy with this trade. Even if things go wrong, it's still well worth the risk just to see Beams in a pies jumper again.

Beams announcing he wanted to leave that Friday night a few years ago was a sad moment for me being my favourite player from very early on in his career.

I thought he didn't want to be at the club but it became obvious his Dad was #1.

I'd have traded 4 first rounders for him. Welcome back gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams be on Trade Table on Channel 9 Tonight

Well done Dave for the thread.

I just got home from dinner.........just out of curiosity what time was it announced?

Feel free to bookmark my post.

I am very "meh" about this move.
An elite player right now, but 29 and icing on the cake, rather than a clear necessity.
I am glad we got something else back for our two 1st rounders, but i think Brisbane got the better end of the deal.

Hopefully he continues at this level for another 2-3 years, and hopefully he adds some consistency and skill to an already very talented midfield.
I will be interested to know how his return goes behind closed doors and if everything has just been resolved by the passage of time, or if there is a bit of work to be done given some of the rumours and comments that came out in his final year with us and his move to brissy.
We could have used some icing a few weekends ago!

Would like to think that Agent Beams did enough groundwork to ensure his little duckings (Rayner, Hipwood and Witherden et al) occasionally wonder over the next two years or so what it would be like to play in front of a large crowd and/or in the finals.

Maybe even send them a black/white jersey they can try on for a good fit , Dayne?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wells didn't cost 2 firsts.....

Not too keen on loosing next year's 1st too.

Wells didn't cost two firsts but the whole trade is just embarrassing given his age, injury profile and the salary and contract length we gave him.

Beams is a better professional and will perform better, but a nasty injury to him would prove a disaster in the short term and an obstacle to our list management down the track.

I'm sure things will be fine, I'm just afraid that the boogey man under the bed should make an appearance as it did with the Wells trade

Haven't been able to get on here much because of work, but have been watching the progress of this deal and hoping it would happen. Confirmation tonight that Beamer is back, is just brilliant. Throw him alongside Sidey, Pendles, Treloar, Adams, Sier, and our midfield would be one of the best for quite awhile of any side. Considering we can also run Phillips, Thomas and DeGoey through there....ouch!!
Welcome home Beamer.....

And to those tossed reporters who have had a crack at Beams wanting to head back to Collingwood and to live in Melbourne more importantly, should consider his personal circumstances before commentating. If you haven't walked in someone's shoes, then dont question their decisions.

Beamer is on tonight's Trade show on channel 9 at 10pm.

Clubs can continue to trade picks up until the draft this year. Would be great if we could bump 57 up a couple of spots!

It would have to go the other way most likely and a swap of pick 57 for the dogs 63.

Surprised that wasn't part of the deal for Roughead though we might have been still haggling over it with Brisbane at the time.

Very happy with this trade. Even if things go wrong, it's still well worth the risk just to see Beams in a pies jumper again.
you kidding me?
bloke may be a gun player, but has a shit attitude and thinks nothing about blatantly lying to his teammates.
the biggest thing at risk here is the culture that has taken time to build up, resulting in the success we had this year.
i'm very disappointed in this trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back