Player Watch Dayne Beams

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, just pay him out his alleged $400k a year for the remaining 3 years of his contract, take the $1.2m hit to the salary cap, and then pretend we wont/can't be sued for wrongful dismissal... what could possibly go wrong.
Do you think if he did that the truth might finally surface,I wpuld suspect he wants the truth to emerged even less than the club does,maybe then it might hopefully open a few people eyes but then again judging by some response,s in this thread as in the other one maybe not.

Do you think if he did that the truth might finally surface,I wpuld suspect he wants the truth to emerged even less than the club does,maybe then it might hopefully open a few people eyes but then again judging by some response,s in this thread as in the other one maybe not.

Yeah, the truth always comes out in court cases....

Is this fair dinkum ?
was sent this on FB

Collingwood are calling a joint press conference at 4pm today with Scott Selwood and COREY ENRIGHT
Of course it is. Very unlikely to have anything to do with Beams though given the participants...

May well have been multiple other "setbacks" through both rehab periods but all I was doing was paraphrasing what he said at the time.

He missed 15 rounds of senior footy. I assume he played a VFL game or 2 before returning and given the extended absence likely underwent a mini-preseason before returning to any level so there's 3-5 weeks of his senior absence explained which would leave 4 or 5 or 6 weeks (based on your 16 week timeframe) for each of his rehab periods. How bad was his initial injury, how bad was the recurrence, how do they compare with other players with quad recoveries? Just doesn't seem all that bizarre to me.

I could probably provide an affidavit from Beams stating it was bullshit and you wouldn’t believe it, but he was a late withdrawal from Rd 1 and then proceeded to get close to returning over the next 4 months only to then break down again right on the verge of return every time.

Given this was going on at the exact same time as up to 7 unnamed players self reported to avoid strikes (https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/60061153721c0e7463065700cdc9b7b1) you can believe what you like and I’m not taking it any further.

Is this fair dinkum ?
was sent this on FB

Collingwood are calling a joint press conference at 4pm today with Scott Selwood and COREY ENRIGHT

FYI the presser with Enright and Scooter Selwood will be about the joint training session / scratch match our two clubs held at GHMBA Stadium today.

FYI the presser with Enright and Scooter Selwood will be about the joint training session / scratch match our two clubs held at GHMBA Stadium today.

So what was said at the Presser and about the Scratch Game?

Not as far as I am aware. The previous cba had provisions for a player to receive compensation for a career-ending injury suffered in a final contract year (Swan reportedly used this avenue) and the payment wouldn’t go to the salary cap. But now there is the player retirement fund. If he was unable to return he is still entitled to the remainder of his contractual payments, just as if he suffered a career-ending knee injury. Insurance like TPD doesn’t work in sports.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

ah thanks for clarifying makes sense.

something doesn’t add up

give me any Collingwood player current who’s on Instagram and a random number between 1 and 40

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams said himself at the time that in his enthusiasm to get back ASAP he pushed over and above what the training and medical staff were asking him to do and re-tweaked the quad which put him back to square 1 in his rehab. I guess the fact he re-tweaked it would have extended the 2nd rehab process.

Or there was no injury at all and it was a drug suspension. Surely a hamstring or calf would’ve been a better excuse.

This goes beyond a football retirement. I wont say what I know but I am certain the news will break over the next day or two but its really sad. Wish he and his family all the best and he can turn his life around.

Hopefully this is a wake up call to the AFL with their heads in the sand regarding all the betting ads that are everywhere during a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back