Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Different hair style is a nice point of difference.

I reckon I'm gonna struggle with the movie including characters like Mr Terrific. I just want a Superman movie, not a SHARED UNIVERSE!!! with obscure heroes that sound even more ridiculous than the primary ones. Keeps testing that suspension of disbelief.

I get why people dont like the suit it all looks very "cartoony" even Lois' outfit. But I honestly feel like this works for Superman. Cavill looked great but we never got to see him potray the character properly imo, even if he was the more grounded version the stories he was in weren't great. It was all downhill after MoS. This is definitely going to be a more family friendly version. I hope its good because its coming out a week before my nephews 10th bday and I hope it has the same impact on him that Batman 89 had on me.

Corenswet-and-Rachel-Brosnahan-on-the-Set-of-James-Gunns-Superman.jpg

images

Clark looks on point.

Supes looks like Clark bought a cheap KMart Superman costume for a Halloween party.

Many of these leaks occur outdoor filming (not intended for the public) and costumes etc are not indicative of how they will appear in the final film. It will likely be touched up.

I like what I’m seeing with Clark. Clearly Gunn is heavily influenced from Superman 1978. The way Christopher Reeve portrayed the dichotomy of the character was very much under appreciated. Not just different in appearance, but also his persona, demeanour, confidence, body language etc.

Very well encapsulated in this sequence:

As much as I like Cavill and feel he was shafted in the end by the DC suits, there weren’t many points of differentiation between his Clark and his Superman. They were largely the same, which I can only imagine is by design and instruction from Snyder.

Many of these leaks occur outdoor filming (not intended for the public) and costumes etc are not indicative of how they will appear in the final film. It will likely be touched up.

I like what I’m seeing with Clark. Clearly Gunn is heavily influenced from Superman 1978. The way Christopher Reeve portrayed the dichotomy of the character was very much under appreciated. Not just different in appearance, but also his persona, demeanour, confidence, body language etc.

Very well encapsulated in this sequence:

As much as I like Cavill and feel he was shafted in the end by the DC suits, there weren’t many points of differentiation between his Clark and his Superman. They were largely the same, which I can only imagine is by design and instruction from Snyder.

Yeh look im not burning it down by any means, itll be touched up and whatever.

Ill go just for Brosnahan and i like Corenswet so im onboard, i just dont love the suit right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get why people dont like the suit it all looks very "cartoony" even Lois' outfit. But I honestly feel like this works for Superman. Cavill looked great but we never got to see him potray the character properly imo, even if he was the more grounded version the stories he was in weren't great. It was all downhill after MoS. This is definitely going to be a more family friendly version. I hope its good because its coming out a week before my nephews 10th bday and I hope it has the same impact on him that Batman 89 had on me.

Corenswet-and-Rachel-Brosnahan-on-the-Set-of-James-Gunns-Superman.jpg

images
I’ve always felt that the most recent Superman film is Superman Returns.
As much as MoS and BVS were entertaining, they just didn’t have that “Superman feel” that the Christopher Reeve films, Returns, Smallville and all the animated shows have.

This movie looks to be bringing that “feel”back.

Suit looks average, but hope it's touched up in post. Also looks like his wearing a wet suit half a size too large. Color scheme is spot on though.

The Clark look is horrible IMO. Looks like he's wearing a reject shop wig.

That being said, they got the best two people they could for Superman and Lois and Gunn has runs on the board, so not going to temper expectations on some relatively minor things.

Suit looks average, but hope it's touched up in post. Also looks like his wearing a wet suit half a size too large. Color scheme is spot on though.

The Clark look is horrible IMO. Looks like he's wearing a reject shop wig.

That being said, they got the best two people they could for Superman and Lois and Gunn has runs on the board, so not going to temper expectations on some relatively minor things.

And no one would suspect this bloke is Superman, goal achieved :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back