Mega Thread Dean Robinson's Interview [full interview in OP]

Remove this Banner Ad

It is now certain essendon are in the clear and will have no players suspended or lose points

This is clear to anyone with half a brain
I'd say this is clear to anyone without a brain, or zombified to be precise.

Clearly Hird's mouthpiece. By his own admission had spoken to (been briefed by) Hird.

Good on him for standing by his club. Just that we should understand that his was an extremely biased view and that he had no first hand knowledge of many of the allegations made by Robinson.

One of my concerns was the comment by Richard Ings to the effect that we shouldn't expect the ASADA report to answer all the questions being posed. Don't tell me this whole saga is going to be further protracted.:(

The ASADA report will not be made public.

We will be lucky to get a brief summary of it.

AFL will get the full report and make their decision based on that.

Their decision will be assessed by ASADA and WADA.

"Taking into account everything Dean Robinson just said... the worst I can see is that perhaps James was a bit of a dictator around the club"
- Leigh Matthews

If someone who has personally denied Essendon 2 premierships and had his last game ruined by the same club can bring himself to say that...

Then surely Hird and his ragtag band of loyal players have at least some chance of survival.

Why would Lethal resent Essendon considering he won those premierships?

That post is one of the most fanciful leaps of logic in a thread full of some rippers.

Jake Carlisle showing how intelligent he is that he has to have his own name tattooed on his back... just in case he forgets what it is?
290717-chris-yarran.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

****ing hell, if there is anybody in the AFL who people should be yelling ape at, it's this guy.

Stevo: Do you feel worried since you didn't know what you were taking?

Spike: I know what I was taking and I knew this at all times.

Stevo: .........

This is the Spike that Guaranteed the viewers that Sir James would be cleared.
We had an ASADA bloke their, but Spike knows the outcome.
Spike knows better.
Hell, why have an investigation when we have Spike there?

"Taking into account everything Dean Robinson just said... the worst I can see is that perhaps James was a bit of a dictator around the club"
- Leigh Matthews

If someone who has personally denied Essendon 2 premierships and had his last game ruined by the same club can bring himself to say that...

Then surely Hird and his ragtag band of loyal players have at least some chance of survival.

You don't find it disturbing that hird was being injected with drugs? Drugs that all be it that aren't illegal for him but as the coach you would want to be setting the example. Absolutely disgraceful

Like a massive train wreck, the faster the train goes the worse it's going to be when it all comes unstuck.
The interview confirmed some of the suspicions that I had early this season. Dank without doubt wasn't on the level, and I'm not entirely sure Robinson was either, or at least he was naive enough to follow blindly, if what he's saying is correct.

I've always maintained that if the club accepted responsibility from the get go instead of blaming all and sundry, the egg-on-face moment would have passed long ago and this probably would have been over by now. No doubt the club has thrown a number of people under the bus to save itself, instead of facing its issues and correcting them.

How on earth can an organisation let its governance go to complete shit all for one person? It's either been piss poor for all time with a boys club mentality, or it was heavily influenced by Hird and other key personnel, clearly to the detriment of the club and all those associated with it.

For me, the main people in this story:
- Dr Reid: attempted to absolve himself of responsibility when he has due diligence as a medical practitioner and as a senior medical authority at the club to ensure whatever the players are taking is OK. It's going to come out one way or another that he was responsible to some degree. And that 'missing' letter, that no one saw, but he swore he sent and didn't follow up.
- Dean Robinson: much like a woman hell bent with scorn, he's out for blood. If it's proven that was he has said is true, shit will well and truly hit the fan for the EFC & AFL.
- Steven Dank: no chance of being hired again in a self-respecting sports organisation
- Corcoran: Heh, hard to make out there, but from what's come out from Robinson and other figures of the club, he's acted more as Hird's right hand man
- Hird: He's burnt toast no matter what happens, ASADA, AFL or both will sanction him. He should have resigned before the season so that there wouldn't have been such an impact throughout.

It's hard to feel sympathy for the main characters in this story because they're all responsible to some degree, some more so than others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Dean Robinson's Interview [full interview in OP]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back