Past Dean 'The Difference' Towers - delisted 2018. COMING SOON - The Festival of Deano

Remove this Banner Ad

Our depth must be the best in the AFL if we can delist Towers. I trust we know what we're doing but to me I thought he earned his spot for another year. Did he tread on toes? .......because to me it seemed he was playing well but suddenly had his papers stamped - DELIST - and never got another look in afterwards.

Our depth must be the best in the AFL if we can delist Towers. I trust we know what we're doing but to me I thought he earned his spot for another year. Did he tread on toes? .......because to me it seemed he was playing well but suddenly had his papers stamped - DELIST - and never got another look in afterwards.
I have no evidence at all to support my theory, but I have always thought it was his choice.

I have felt that ever since facing the reality of almost losing an eye, he has decided that safer is better and that has put paid to him returning to the AFL. I think it was a huge reality check for him about the possible costs of perhaps another two or three years (at absolute best) of AFL.

As I said, no evidence at all, just my theory...

Our depth must be the best in the AFL if we can delist Towers.

I reckon there are a tonne of mature ages in the leagues (VFL, WAFL, SANFL, etc....) that are at Towers level or above.

He made the best out of what he could deliver.

Good luck to him on the future and thank you for the contributions.

About time. Refused to kick the ball to Buddy in the last 2 mins of a game and instead turns it over, causing us to lose said game...and basically stands around contests and doesn't make any meaningful impact when he's in the vicinity and has a choice to make - do I do what needs to be done, or do I shirk it? OK, I'll shirk it.

Bh2G2YfIgAACSlm.jpg

I miss him already :(

Somehow came across this headline which would please any Dean Towers stans still out there AKA SSwans2011
in case you were wondering what he's been up to of late ;)

1571112521371.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But that doesn’t subtract from the fact that he did Coach them to a premiership. So good on him!

All to often we bemoan lack of opportunities in NSW & Qld for ex player. We should applaud the fact we actually have something that’s working and has kept him in NSW.

Lol, my granny could have coached that lot to a premiership last season. Ridiculously strong team.
Of course it was. It had former superstar Swans ruck Dean Towers playing in it. :p

But that doesn’t subtract from the fact that he did Coach them to a premiership. So good on him!

All to often we bemoan lack of opportunities in NSW & Qld for ex player. We should applaud the fact we actually have something that’s working and has kept him in NSW.
Yep, my comment was a little tongue in cheek. Notwithstanding that they are indeed a ridiculously strong team it is obviously great that we are keeping people of his caliber in the local Sydney comp.

It would just be nice if some of that talent gets spread around the comp a little more evenly sometimes though.

Last edited:
Yep, my comment was a little tongue in cheek. Notwithstanding that they are indeed a ridiculously strong team it is obviously great that we are keeping people of his caliber in the local Sydney comp.

It would just be nice if some of that talent gets spread around the comp a little more evenly sometimes though.
Sounds like that league needs a player ‘points system’ as in Vic cricket. It’s supposed to stop clubs recruiting the big fish by restricting each club to a total number of points eg 60pts (I’m no longer involved in footy so I don’t know if this exists...I think it does, could be wrong).

Sounds like that league needs a player ‘points system’ as in Vic cricket. It’s supposed to stop clubs recruiting the big fish by restricting each club to a total number of points eg 60pts (I’m no longer involved in footy so I don’t know if this exists...I think it does, could be wrong).

It does and it’s an horrendously written policy which has failed in its intention and it’s only success is to deprive fringe footballers of opportunity by applying points where they’re not warranted.

Don’t start me on this.

Announcement
Life is too short to be unhappy. So instead of mulling over the depressing result of yesterday's game or watching two shit truck clubs duke it out to see who is the most shit today, I've decided I'd actually go do something a bit more joyful for the next few days which is to go compile a collection of my favourite moments from the great man Dean Towers! Stay tuned SSwans2011 for a highlights package like you have never seen before. 🤗

Deano.png

P.S Today I learned that Dean Towers actually has his own player figurine!!!!! https://www.minileague.com/product/dean-towers/

Life is too short to be unhappy. So instead of mulling over the depressing result of yesterday's game or watching two sh*t truck clubs duke it out to see who is the most sh*t today, I've decided I'd actually go do something a bit more joyful for the next few days which is to go compile a collection of my favourite moments from the great man Dean Towers! Stay tuned SSwans2011 for a highlights package like you have never seen before. 🤗

View attachment 1220589

P.S Today I learned that Dean Towers actually has his own player figurine!!!!! https://www.minileague.com/product/dean-towers/

I think we all need a 30cm Dean Towers in our lives.

Life is too short to be unhappy. So instead of mulling over the depressing result of yesterday's game or watching two sh*t truck clubs duke it out to see who is the most sh*t today, I've decided I'd actually go do something a bit more joyful for the next few days which is to go compile a collection of my favourite moments from the great man Dean Towers! Stay tuned SSwans2011 for a highlights package like you have never seen before. 🤗

View attachment 1220589

Wow, and it's still available for purchase how many years after he last played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Dean 'The Difference' Towers - delisted 2018. COMING SOON - The Festival of Deano

Remove this Banner Ad

Back