Dear Eddie....

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously the bloke is the reason we are the biggest club in Australia.

No he's not. You were the biggest club in Australia before he got there. He's just the reason the biggest club is now so well run and actualizing its resources.

Any other club would gladly have him as their president.

Wouldn't want a bloke like Eddie near Carlton. He's starting to remind me a lot of Jack Elliott with his arrogant stench and I don't want a big be all and end all figure head like that at our club ever again. Just seeing you falsely credit him with what you did above sends a shudder down my spine.

I wouldn't either. Just had Kennett, and while he was able to expand the club into a pretty big one, it was the work of Ian Dicker that rescued us from the emergency table and put us back into the better half of the ladder. You didn't hear much from him, unlike Kennett and his regular soapbox on things that had nothing to do with Hawthorn (in 2008 I found myself one step short of barracking for Melbourne in the return game, after his extraordinary attack on that club...!) You also heard virtually nothing from the admin during the 1980's and early 1990's, in contrast to the regular bullshit you'd hear from Allan McAllister and the various Swans and Bears head honchos...

Eddie's "passion" is the reason you have Nathan Buckley as coach and your premiership window is shut.

Been there too long. Time to give it up. Like the good old days. A bit tired. Get Adam Goodes down for it. You know what I'm getting at don't you?

The irony.

I think Essendon fans should be a little more gracious this off season given the goings on at your club this.

The irony.

I think Essendon fans should be a little more gracious this off season given the goings on at your club this.
Please
We sacked Matthew Knights to get Hird
You sacked the Mick Malthouse to get Buckley

Knights was one of the worst coaches the AFL has seen, Malthouse one of the best.

Please

Knights was one of the worst coaches the AFL has seen, Malthouse one of the best.

Cool.

Buckley may have had worse on field performances to date in comparison to Malthouse due to us retooling at this point, but don't give me any nonsense about your messiah Hird and what he put your club through.

Collingwood move on from Mick and replace him with club legend in Buckley. Makes finals but lose unexpectedly in elimination final.

Essendon move on from Knights and replace him with club legend in Hird. Essendon miss finals due to doping scandal with Hird being suspended for 12 months.

You tell me which one has been more damaging and disappointing.

Still worried about the union international game in Perth next week ?

If I was Ken Hinkley I would have posted Eddie's concerns on the Port players lockers before the game and told them " this is what he thinks of us "

Horse before the cart Eddie..............simple really ;)

Well done Port.......and very well played !

Nice avatar :p

Or West Australians tipping the eagles for top spot and the flag and who they would play GF day.
I remember the 07 GF where the eagles had 2 bays. There were just as many eagles fans as Port.
Western Australians should be the last to talk about arrogance.
I remember when every flight got sold out within seconds and I had to pay about $1000 for a one way flight to Melbourne in 05 and 06. Take a look right now and the cheapest ticket from Perth to Melbourne a few days before the GF is already at $800.

West Aussies pay thousands to go watch a GF. Vics cry about having to pay $1000 for a corporate ticket when they miss the ballot.

So is it arrogant to plan ahead and try and get in cheap? Whats the worst thing that could happen? You spend your holiday time in Melbourne instead of Bali?

Highlight of the season for me was seeing Ed shoving his montblanc pen in his top pocket after jotting down in disgust the lastest final qrt Port goal in his footy Record.

#### you Ed. #### you Collingwood.

:)

Highlight of the season for me was seeing Ed shoving his montblanc pen in his top pocket after jotting down in disgust the lastest final qrt Port goal in his footy Record.

#### you Ed. #### you Collingwood.

:)

And thanks essendon for all the Carlton crap we're now putting up with.
Job well done :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please

And Hird is certainly the most unique coach the AFL has seen.

Great thread, compelling and rich.

Seriously the bloke is the reason we are the biggest club in Australia. Any other club would gladly have him as their president. If the players played with as much passion as Eddie, then we would win the flag every year.

Yeah he makes mistakes but so does everyone, he just talks way too much. It's not the worst quality to live with, a lot of what he says is very good.

Yeah he looked too far forward but he made a point for the sake of the game no just Collingwood. If people actually considered some of the things he said instead of automatically assuming the worst from each statement (this is actually a problem with the whole of Australia not just Eddie related), then you would see he actually has the game of AFL first and foremost in his mind.

Those suggesting Kochie over Eddie need to actually look back to 10-15 years ago and see that he is just doing exactly what Eddie did for Collingwood. Give it time and people will start potting him as well.

Eddies media work is the reason people hate eddie, not what he has done with collingwood? are you serious?

Eddie Everywhere? Jeff Kennett did it too... got annoying

And thanks essendon for all the Carlton crap we're now putting up with.
Job well done :thumbsu:

Don't worry, you'll only have to put up with it for one more week.

Still worried about the union international game in Perth next week ?

If I was Ken Hinkley I would have posted Eddie's concerns on the Port players lockers before the game and told them " this is what he thinks of us "

Horse before the cart Eddie..............simple really ;)

Well done Port.......and very well played !

Let's start a rumour that Chris Scott is bypassing all his tactical planning for the Port semi and starting straight on the PF game plan.

God the main board is pathetic these days, just a bunch of trolls laying into teams while the main board mods are asleep at the wheel.

Wonder why fewer and fewer people are posting here :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Total foot in mouth moment for him, but it's never stopped him before.

I admire the passion. He's also a decent commentator. Plus I loved laughing at his pre-emptive sookery. But in the end, he's done very good things for his club - take the bad with the good. In this case, the good is much more. Don't think he'll stop saying things like this in the future because of a misguided comment (*ahem*).

Love what the bloke is trying to do for the Pies and AFL (to a degree) but damn he makes it hard to go to work after a loss :oops:

needs to record his thoughts, play them back then give himself an uppercut. problem solved.

Eddie's "passion" is the reason you have Nathan Buckley as coach and your premiership window is shut.

Been there too long. Time to give it up. Like the good old days. A bit tired. Get Adam Goodes down for it. You know what I'm getting at don't you?
lol. How very observant of you. Do you actually ever watch any footy or take notice of any club other than your own? How's your window going by the way? You must be thrilled with what your coach managed to achieve for you this year! Maybe you should ask the president who appointed him? Oops!

Reckon there's a fair chance with the way Bucks is going that Collingwood supporters will have even more to thank Ed for in the long term and people like you will have even more reason to post sour grapes.

Great thread, compelling and rich.

Seriously the bloke is the reason we are the biggest club in Australia. Any other club would gladly have him as their president. If the players played with as much passion as Eddie, then we would win the flag every year.

Yeah he makes mistakes but so does everyone, he just talks way too much. It's not the worst quality to live with, a lot of what he says is very good.

Yeah he looked too far forward but he made a point for the sake of the game no just Collingwood. If people actually considered some of the things he said instead of automatically assuming the worst from each statement (this is actually a problem with the whole of Australia not just Eddie related), then you would see he actually has the game of AFL first and foremost in his mind.

Those suggesting Kochie over Eddie need to actually look back to 10-15 years ago and see that he is just doing exactly what Eddie did for Collingwood. Give it time and people will start potting him as well.

This is absolute rubbish.

Eddie only ever makes a point for the good of COLLINGWOOD. He has no interest in the good of the game if Collingwood isn't winning it. Time and again he has taken the low road, and tried to damage opposition teams. He tries to claim it's for the good of the game, but really, it's just dressed-up self-interest.

"Good of the game" is such rubbish. Just look at equalisation. He's all for equalisation... except the bits that might take away from Collingwood's success. I thank god for the AFL commission, because if guys like Eddie were in charge, the competition would be dead in about 5 years, thanks to blind self-interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear Eddie....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back