Dear oh dear

Remove this Banner Ad

Or you can get a half decent home theatre system for your TV. It will have wifi and you can just stream straight from your PC to there then through the TV.
It will also have netflix app etc already on it as well as a stack of other stuff. Mine was about $500. (http://www.thegoodblog.com.au/produ...o/review-sony-blu-ray-home-theatre-bdv-n9100/)
You could get something cheaper though that will still have those features. Bonus is you get a blue ray player and awesome sound on your telly.

I spent $2k on a Yamaha sound bar about 3 years ago. No cables to catch the dog hair, it's magnificent. Home theatre system definitely not in my foreseeable future. At least I hope not.

Love Netflix, but get it via the Telstra box. We've got Stan and Presto as well. Kind of makes the full Foxtel package redundant, but I'm too lazy to bother thinking about it.
Chromecast. I stream all the above plus the AFL live app games and replays straight from my phone. Best fifty bucks I ever spent.

I'd advise spending hundreds of hours developing an intricate, automatic TV show downloader. Then use Plex through a Chromecast, TV, console or PC ;)

Two thumbs up for sickbeard.

Wasn't powerful enough for what I wanted, but it's a good option otherwise

What did you use? I ran a sickbeard and usenet setup for years, but simplified to a Sickrage and extra torrents system about six months ago as I found usenet was getting a bit unreliable.

What did you use? I ran a sickbeard and usenet setup for years, but simplified to a Sickrage and extra torrents system about six months ago as I found usenet was getting a bit unreliable.

Custom Flexget script + put.io (for multiple clients, avoiding P2P throttling) + FileBot and a bit of magic all around. Runs on a server. Allows me to download 720p immediately and then "upgrade" to 1080p HEVC when that's available (usually few days after an episode is released). Can also set transcodes to go from Blu-ray to HEVC to save space

I can also do things like add upcoming movies to an IMDb watch list, and then my server downloads them as soon as they are released on Blu-ray

Custom Flexget script + put.io (for multiple clients, avoiding P2P throttling) + FileBot and a bit of magic all around. Runs on a server. Allows me to download 720p immediately and then "upgrade" to 1080p HEVC when that's available (usually few days after an episode is released). Can also set transcodes to go from Blu-ray to HEVC to save space

I can also do things like add upcoming movies to an IMDb watch list, and then my server downloads them as soon as they are released on Blu-ray
I'm seeing this:
94d0aa46851ab213d0c6ac4423dcfaff.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen a bit of Dear this year and I'd certainly be signing Him to a 2-3 year contract ASAP. Not sure he has superstar potential, but with some further development/maturity, could develop into a very solid #2 KPF/2nd ruck prospect and at the very least provide good injury depth.

Will be interesting to watch his development in 2017, assuming he can stay on the park, as this was probably his first year in a while that wasn't injury interrupted.

I wish I was able to get Crows SANFL games on tv in Melbourne so I could see the likes of Dear ect.
If you have a Windows 10 PC download an App from the store called AussieTVFTW. You can manually change your region and watch all the FTA channels online in great quality. I use it solely for watching the SANFL games.

You, sir, are a ninja.

That sounds like a lot of effort, I presume there's more to your needs than just downloading movies quick.

That sounds like a lot of effort, I presume there's more to your needs than just downloading movies quick.

It automatically downloads every TV show I watch as soon as the episodes air. I practically run my own private streaming service just for me

I've seen a bit of Dear this year and I'd certainly be signing Him to a 2-3 year contract ASAP. Not sure he has superstar potential, but with some further development/maturity, could develop into a very solid #2 KPF/2nd ruck prospect and at the very least provide good injury depth.

Will be interesting to watch his development in 2017, assuming he can stay on the park, as this was probably his first year in a while that wasn't injury interrupted.

Was he looking to go? I find it staggering he's not signed a contract, surely we have offerred him one. The SANFL forward setup combined with number of ruckmen means it might be difficult for him to be able to put multiple weeks of consistently good performances together. Might be a situation where we need to play him at the highest level to find out what he's got. I hope that if Tex or JJ are injured next year, they recover while not playing and Dear gets a crack. Assuming he's fit and shows a few more good signs in the NAB games.

I've always known you were a good sort - but this sort of post isn't good for me, I tried to kick the obsession about a year ago lol

I was under the impression AFL Live couldn't be cast on the Chromecast. Did you have to do anything special to get it to do that?

There's no cast button in AFL Live but you just cast the phones entire screen under your phone settings and then open AFL Live in fullscreen.

It's not great but it was free with Telstra this season and I watched quite a few games that way.

My internet isn't great (crap) I average around 4down 1up and it plays fine with little to no buffering. I'd imagine it would be a lot better with faster net. I think if you have a mobile plan with Telstra the data through AFL Live is unmetered.

I was under the impression AFL Live couldn't be cast on the Chromecast. Did you have to do anything special to get it to do that?
Nope, just cast the phone screen, make the video full screen and voila. I'm on NBN so it doesn't buffer at all and my tv is great at upscaling so it's pretty good resolution.

I was a bit annoyed when I heard he was been shopped around, so pretty happy to keep him on the list.
If his body stays healthy he could be a great forward option.
He has a good mark and hits the packs and players hard.
Good kick for goals.
Work rate is a bit low, but he is following the typical forward progression. He takes a qtr and tears.it apart to then not be seen for another qtr or two and then pops up to kick a goal or two.
He is no Tex (work rate is what made Tex so good at a young age) isnt as quick as JJ and doesnt have the X factor that Gov has.
But could be a Jay Schulz type player.

Huh ? ......didn't understand a word .....but i know who to come to for technical advice now:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear oh dear

Remove this Banner Ad

Back