Oppo Camp Deathriding Dogs, Freo and Crows - Daicos points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t we have to have list spots available for picks used? Is that not the reason for the rule to stop clubs doing just that?
I think you have to create spots for picks but you don't need to use all picks - ie can save for re-rookies, PSD etc.

So you can delist players to create spots and re-rookie them. There is a danger, they can be taken though.

So for us, Mayne, Greenwood and possibly Tohill are out (though Tohill may not be part of list) so we'd only need to delist / trade a couple more to create more picks and then be able to split 33. As it stands we have 4 picks.

true, but if those two are on the top of their draft board, then integrity wise, you'd have to bid.
You'd like to think that's the case but I guess who their biggest threats are would also come into it. Should work for us.

I think you have to create spots for picks but you don't need to use all picks - ie can save for re-rookies, PSD etc.

So you can delist players to create spots and re-rookie them. There is a danger, they can be taken though.

So for us, Mayne, Greenwood and possibly Tohill are out (though Tohill may not be part of list) so we'd only need to delist / trade a couple more to create more picks and then be able to split 33. As it stands we have 4 picks.
You can only take as many picks into the draft as you have senior list vacancis, but I think once the draft is open you can trade those picks for as many picks as you want. So trading down to increase points will probably happen at the very beginning of the draft rather than before it.

You can only take as many picks into the draft as you have senior list vacancis, but I think once the draft is open you can trade those picks for as many picks as you want. So trading down to increase points will probably happen at the very beginning of the draft rather than before it.
In our case though, we'll need to have our picks sorted before draft night you'd think in case there is a bid at #1. Once we get Daicos we can start trading after that if we have any available, or next years picks.

In our case though, we'll need to have our picks sorted before draft night you'd think in case there is a bid at #1. Once we get Daicos we can start trading after that if we have any available, or next years picks.
We can trade before pick 1. If any are lined up, they can get done.

We can trade before pick 1. If any are lined up, they can get done.
Yeah but we can't risk going into deficit so if we don't trade out players to get extra picks before, we'd have to do it before trade night to not risk our 2022 first.

Its a bit moot isn't it because they'll get neither so its just who they want to burn points more I'd imagine

There'd be some motivation I suspect for GWS to put the Doggies in a bit of a bind I reckon. Genuine dislike between the two clubs, even if you cast aside the strategic aspect of basically removing the Doggies from the rest of the draft.

It’s getting to the stage where we’re probably better off if the Dogs win the flag, triggering a bid on Darcy before Daicos simply because they’re a far better team and a bigger threat to the Giants etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m 50/50 now. Dogs or Demons…both good Football stories.
Whoever wins, happy for their supporters.
Just hope it’s a great game.
Go Dogs & Demons !
Spent years in and out of the kennel delivering supplies to the club apparel shop during the time that the AFL tried to eliminate them.
There were some really quality people around that club - and I don't mean high profile ones either. Genuine heart and soul supporters willing to do anything to save the club they loved.

So yeah . . from me at least go doggies.

I think the bid ultimately has to come for Nick before any of the other possible players. He’s been such a mega standout player that it would be crazy not to bid with him at pick one. All being equal, if he wasn’t a pies pick he would be snapped up at pick one by any club regardless of how awesome Darcy and Horne etc might end up being.
Nick was on some record breaking pace before the season was cut short. He would have likely outshone Walsh in his under 18 year who was a lock for pick one. I may be wrong but he should be announced at pick one come draft day.

Murphy has to go. I just can't see a position for him. He has no attributes which point to a long term future in the game.
Yeah.. He is one I'm.. a bit concerned about. Has been trialled almost everywhere. Just struggle to see where he fits best. But suppose that will be McRae to work out, given he is big on players in their best positions.

Irish bloke I work with moved here in 1990 and unfortunately picked Melb to follow. I’m on them as he’s been a longtime tragic. Dogs got a win not long ago, and have been gifted two KPP last year and this year…. Let’s not wish anymore success on them!

But hey, at least it ain’t Richmond

My Demons & Dogs supporting friends never taunted me in the 1970’s & 80’s like my Blues, Tigers, Bombers & Hawks supporting friends did.
They could have…but chose to barrack for Collingwood in those Grand Finals.
I think they deserve success.
Why Melbourne?
My Demon supporting friends, Neale Daniher, Ron Barassi (because he once made my Mum a cup of tea), Jim Stynes, Robbie Flower, Maxy Gawn, the Track….it’s time.
Why Dogs?
My Dogs supporting friends, Dougy Hawkins, Mr Football, The Bont & Adam Treloar & everyone in the Western suburbs…2 in 5 years will be great for an historically success starved Club.
May the best team win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back