Deledio/Foely and JACK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I saw over on the Richmond board that you guys were chasing one of Foely and Deledio and that Jack Riewoldt, Nick's cousin wants to go to Saints to play with Nick.

Also heard that something that the Saints would offer would be something like:

Kozi and Armitage and 1st round pick for Deledio/Foely and JACK.

Now all there fans laughed at that trade suggestion and surely you guys would have to as well. So what would you guys offer up for these players?

Oh and 1. this is not a troll even go and check out the Richmond board and check out the thread too which is near the bottom of page 1...... and 2. im sorry for bothering you guys.

Cheers LS!:)

Don't see much point in hypotheticals which aren't going to happen.

We had our chance to draft Jack and didn't.

Similarly, Lids ain't going anywhere (kf - I think he'd be a great fit for us, noting we chased that arseh*le from Essendon to get this type of leg speed).

Pretty lame rumour for mine.

Foley might be a different proposition, but han't heard he was disgruntled at the Tigers.

Foley might be a different proposition, but han't heard he was disgruntled at the Tigers.

Foley has suffered a leg / calf issue this year and managed a measly 4 games, now would not be the time to seek to pick him up unless he was discarded from the Tigers. Again, with Williams being ousted the place to look at for disgruntled talent is with Port instead, as there will no doubt be a review after the end of this year.

Take no notice of the OP it was just a crap made up rumor that has no substance. This is it.

Hey all,
Had a chat with someone of whom's info i value highly, and he made mention of a few things both Richmond and non-richmond. I will put it in point form.

Main part of it is:

• St Kilda are keen to get pace into their midfield (since the lovett trade backfired on them), and as such they are pretty keen on Foley, and also Deledio.
  • St Kilda have been chasing Lids for a few years now, and even though he has re-signed, they are throwing around a possible: Kosi + pick for Deledion & salary deal.
  • Further to this there was talk that young Jack Voldt was getting a bit annoyed and was keen to join his cousin at the Saints. Talk was that Armitage + Kosi + Pick for Deledio + Riewoldt + Deledio's salary was a possibility.
  • The whinging from Jack apparently is through his manager, so it may be a ploy to get more $$$$
  • There has already been signings for the GC17, they are: Lynch (WC), Krakouer (PA), Brown (HAW), Petterd (MELB) & Urquhart (NM), with rumblings about Prismall (ESS) & Walker (ADE).
  • Collingwood are after Robbie Gray
  • Carlton are into Travis Boak. Which seems strange as they have more than enough midfielders, perhaps looking to move one or two on to allow for him to get onboard.
  • Boak initially signed a heads of agreement with GC17 but once Port got wind of this he back off. Has been said that he wanted to go to Geelong but theres no need for him.
As i said, read into it what you will, i am by no means stating rumour as fact, it's simply what i have heard.

Cheers CT

Take no notice of the OP it was just a crap made up rumor that has no substance. This is it.

yeah clearly a rubbish made up rumour

i know richmond list management and recruitment and selection department have made a few blues over the years but selecting deledio and riewoldt wasnt one of them

they would never roll over and let them go

Can't see Richmond parting with Deledio or Jack Riewoldt, woud love to have them but we would have to part with something pretty substantial to get them. More than Kosi and Armitage I would think.

Foley might be a chance. Really rate him as a player, has pace and knows how to find the footy. Only worry would be the fact he has had a few injuries recently but he is only 24/25 so still has a fair bit of footy ahead of him.

What a crock of crap - he's said :

"There has already been signings for the GC17, they are: Lynch (WC), Krakouer (PA), Brown (HAW), Petterd (MELB) & Urquhart (NM), with rumblings about Prismall (ESS) & Walker (ADE). "

Petterd just signed a new 2 year deal and committed to the Dees!

I'd love the trade mentioned but couldn't believe that Richmond would even entertain the thought of it. Ironically StKilda chose Armitage, ahead of , ( and I don't know why the names didn't scream into a StKilda recruiters brain ) Riewoldt, Everett and Frawley.
If Richmond were to entertain a trade for Riewoldt now that he has demonstrated his full abilities I would expect that a trade would have to be for players of the level of DalSanto or Montagna, or Goddard. ( Hang on I'll jump in the Tardis and offer you Luke Ball and a three way trade with Andrew Lovett for him at the end of 2009 ).

Boak just signed a new contract at Port so that one is rubbish. And now that we know one is rubbish, chances are every other dot point is as well.

It's got 0% chance of happening, but most certainly I'd take that in a heartbeat.

With those additions we would be nigh unbeatable. Riewoldt alone could go close to singlehandedly winning a flag in any team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a crock of crap - he's said :

"There has already been signings for the GC17, they are: Lynch (WC), Krakouer (PA), Brown (HAW), Petterd (MELB) & Urquhart (NM), with rumblings about Prismall (ESS) & Walker (ADE). "

Petterd just signed a new 2 year deal and committed to the Dees!

Also Prismall is signed to the end of 2011 so they would have to trade for him.

I said we should target Riewoldt before he was firing.

Probably too late now :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Deledio/Foely and JACK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back