Delist Lachie Murphy

Would you de-list Murphy?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith occupying a list spot is lunacy
Was really hoping there would be some kind of retirement speech / send off thing at the B&F. "Thanks for everything, Brodie, we did a whip around the office and here's a Bunning's voucher for all those projects around the house you'll be able to work on in your retirement". The usual. But nothing :(

Delist Murphy - won’t happen

Despite our lack of love for the player - the playing group absolutely love him, and it was the pool ting group that voted him into the leadership group.

Murphy could play a depth role if we have injuries - whereas I think Smith is cooked and Burgess is just not up to the level.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was really hoping there would be some kind of retirement speech / send off thing at the B&F. "Thanks for everything, Brodie, we did a whip around the office and here's a Bunning's voucher for all those projects around the house you'll be able to work on in your retirement". The usual. But nothing :(
Smith should have taken on board what Luke Brown did... Brown took one for the team, knew he would be clogging a list spot up, got his last year paid out and rode off into the sunset. Smith should do the same.

I'm convinced this is the line of thinking within the club also. The club has burnt absolute superstars of this club in years past with how they have been treated off field, but the modern generation sees absolute spuds given unwarranted contract extensions and treated with kid gloves continually. It's been evident from day 1 that Murphy was a potato of the highest order, and should not have played 10 games, let alone over 100. I thought the years of Mackay being in the side was bad. This is in another stratosphere compared to that !!
the only other one i can think of that compares with 100 games or more was rob shirley (i know some liked him) but I thought he was a spud too

That means he's in the top 10 paid players at the club, right? Good lord.

At least we have the option to match when all the big money free agent bids come 🤣
There is no way he's in our top 10 paid players and hasn't he now been on the list for long enough to be an UFA next season?

He's in our leadership group and was picked every game he was fit for

Never sub or subbed that I can recall. Can't even remember him being named on the bench. Always started on field.

He's ensconced.
And yet was not judged by the coaches to be a consistent performer across the season in the B&F. Go figure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the only other one i can think of that compares with 100 games or more was rob shirley (i know some liked him) but I thought he was a spud too
Gary Ablett jr and Chris Judd didn't think so..

Adelaide tagger Robert Shirley, acknowledged by star midfield duo Gary Ablett and Chris Judd as the most challenging run-with player in the AFL, has been delisted by the Crows.

Both Ablett and Judd singled out 29-year-old Shirley this year when asked about their most difficult opponents, but that was not enough to prevent him from being jettisoned after 151 games.

And yet was not judged by the coaches to be a consistent performer across the season in the B&F. Go figure
From a few years ago but still rings true:

I asked one of the coaches tonight how Mackay keeps getting games.

He does lots of good things you may not notice that don't show up on the stat sheet.

What are they? Why don't they earn him any B&F votes?

We don't notice them either.

Then how do you know he's doing them?

He's played nearly 200 games. You don't play that much footy without learning a thing or two about how to play the game.

I am happy to go on record to suggest that not only was Murphy's selection detrimental to the development of younger players through the taking of a spot in the 23 but its safe to say, his selection played a huge part in us losing several games this year.

Bottom line is you have to put your best 23 players on the field. You cant play favourites at selection at the expense of better players. I am hoping the inclusing of AnB demonstrates to Nicks what a shitful selection Murphy has always been and he moves past him. If we ranked all players to play more than 10 games of AFL footy for the club, Murphy confortably ranks dead last for footballing ability. I rank him easily worse than McHenry. Nicks just learned you cant carry two spuds in a game so he resorted to one, the wrong one at that.
McHenry has worse skills

Remove this Banner Ad

Delist Lachie Murphy

Back