Delisted free agents - sifting through the neighbor's bins

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac Clarke hasn't been delisted and was reported as likely to re-sign with Freo.
However I assume we are looking at a back up ruck from somewhere if we chose to dump Fitzpatrick.
Ah ok I thought he'd been delisted. Would be a good get though.

We do have Surman as a backup ruck.

We are fxxked then.

Id love another Fitzpatrick type... so lets get Fitzpatrick.

I saw one good lead up mark and a fluke of a bomb from 55m out, I really don't rate him and would rather we tried something else. Lowden just looks like the type of ruckman I want, bigger and stronger than when he left Hawthorn.
417106-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Hell, I'd rather Minson over Fitzpatrick.

We are fxxked then.
Hell, I'd rather Minson over Fitzpatrick.

I agree that if we have Surman as back-up ruck we are in trouble. Still has a long way to go but showing enough.

But disagree with your views on Fitzy. Having watched him play for Box Hill and in the big league, he showed enough to at worst be a ready-to-go mobile tall with room for improvement at 25. Wayyy better option than Minson (31).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are seriously underrating Pittonet, this kid is a freak. Will be our number 1 ruck within 2 years.
Was very, very impressed with his ruck work when he got a gig in the seniors this year. Went missing in general play, as is to be expected at his age and experience level, but some of those taps in the ruck were really impressive from what I recall.

Was very, very impressed with his ruck work when he got a gig in the seniors this year. Went missing in general play, as is to be expected at his age and experience level, but some of those taps in the ruck were really impressive from what I recall.
Absolutely and I loved his direct follow up work to a ruck contest. Like you said he still needs to find a bit of the ball in general play but man I am so impressed with this kid. Its also not often that we have a ruck play in their first season.

Didn't Fitz have to be talked into playing again when he joined us, maybe it's his decision to move on. He may feel he is depth at best and wants to pursue another career.

Could also have had some medical advice about his concussions, and might have to consider retiring.

People are seriously underrating Pittonet, this kid is a freak. Will be our number 1 ruck within 2 years.

Maybe but he surely isn't ready yet. It's not like he dominated at BH so he's hardly ready for AFL.

From what I've read Pitt got dominated by afl level rucks (eg witts who was traded for not much) at VFL. Definitely not a freak. From what he's shown to date appears unlikely to be a quality ruck at afl level - but is still early days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted free agents - sifting through the neighbor's bins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back