Delisted free agents - sifting through the neighbor's bins

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw him and Choc on the Today show the other day. Between the two of them you'd scrounge together a quarter of a brain. Green seems like a good bloke, especially with his anti-violence campaign - but they're both now good advertisements as to why you don't voluntarily get punched in the had for a living.

Yea but I ain't saying that to Danny!
I know a guy who has sparred with him.
Apparently he punches really hard.
Sounds obvious, but like the term "soft hands" in cricket, he punches hard.

I know it doesn't mean a whole lot but here's a run down of Henderson's fantasy scores at Adelaide.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/career.php?firstname=Ricky&surname=Henderson

Supercoach I believe is the best indicator as it is based on 'Champion Data' points system.

2010 SC avg: 58
2011 SC avg: 55
2012 SC avg: 59
2013 SC avg: 86
2014 SC avg: 60
2015 SC avg: 76
2016 SC avg: 77

So he's just a poor man's Birchall?

In saying that I would like us to get Michael Barlow. 30 at the end of next year. Will some what lessen the the impact of losing Lewis.

2010 SC avg: 116
2011 SC avg: 84
2012 SC avg: 95
2013 SC avg: 110
2014 SC avg: 112
2015 SC avg: 93
2016 SC avg: 98

Could help us in the middle as a ball getter and he tagged this year.

In saying that I would like us to get Michael Barlow. 30 at the end of next year. Will some what lessen the the impact of losing Lewis.

I'd say he's a bit old but Henderson is a similar age and we are into him....this whole off season has been crazy.

Does not make sense trading out a 30 year old club champ Lewis, to replace him with a 29 year old Michael Barlow.

Thank (&k the match committee doesn't pick a side based on their supercoach ...

Last edited:
I'd say he's a bit old but Henderson is a similar age and we are into him....this whole off season has been crazy.

Henderson is a pure winger. This would be a replacement for Hill to ensure Hartung has pressure for a spot.

Henderson is a much better kick then Gus. Gus can't play any other position then back-pocket or HPF.

Henderson has pace and hasn't really been beaten up week in week out by nature he has played wing or HBF.

It is one way of assessing performance....
So is win loss record but in isolation it doesn't mean much, besides it seems mean that dream team is always excluded, I want to make fun of that too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew Spangher would politely like to disagree with you.
That bloke playing almost guaranteed a win for Hawthorn!
Yes it had nothing to do with being in a team in the middle of a three-peat and everything to do with Jesus Spangher (if he really was Jesus it just might have)

Does not make sense trading out a 30 year old club champ Lewis, to replace him with a 29 year old Michael Barlow.
We wanted and didn't want to trade Lewis remember? I think we are under rating Barlow. He is a ball magnet who is a big body who would somewhat lessen the void left by losing Mitchell and Lewis, he isnt a like for like replacement. i just don't see our next tier midfielders really holding their own for us in the next couple of years. He added the ability to tag this season.. look at his impact in the game vs Port this season , matched directly against Robbie Grey.

supercoach isnt my justification for recruiting him. it was a supporting argument towards the guy looking at hendersons sc score. Any how we will keep trusting our coach and recruiters .. i just dont think Henderson adds any thing to our side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted free agents - sifting through the neighbor's bins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back