Delisted free agents - sifting through the neighbor's bins

Remove this Banner Ad

If we could get that green fella from Brisbane we could play rioli and pupplo through the midfield a lot more.

Actually, rioli is coming off a pretty cruisey year as our main forward target - he should be refreshed enough to play a full year through the guts.

Jom tom and Cyril - new midfield.

The pulled hamstring right in front of me vs North Melbourne a few years back is still too fresh in my mind ;-)

So you reckon his new running style has that all sorted? I wondered whether his lighter mid-field load played the major role there.

I would expect that we could hire a guy like this as a depth player in the case of injury in our young brigade. Someone experienced and handy that can fill a few positions in the midfield. But I wouldn't think we would pick up this sort of player to take a starting position away from the younger brigade. It's time for them to move up and become part of our next premiership side. They need first team playing responsibility to achieve that.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see what we do.

I like Barlow as a depth player too, so we'd need to get him cheap. Some of why he missed games recently were serious foot injuries I recall?

Brisbane would be crazy not to look at him also. Their midfield will be flimsy this year.

Rockliff, Beams, Rich, Zorko, Robinson, Bell and their youngsters coming through isn't the worst midfield in the AFL. Obviously dependent on Beams coming back, but Brisbane's problems aren't in the midfield.

You mean playing of the HBF and pinch hitting in the middle any time he wants? I wouldn't have thought that Cyril would be suited to that role, but tell me more...
His versatility and aggression makes him the perfect understudy for Silk. The only concern for me would be his height but moreso what we would lose in the front half

Barlow would be handy with Mitchell & Lewis gone, but after letting them go to pursue a youth policy of sorts recruiting him would be a slap in the face.

Without Ceglar we could use another backup for McEvoy. Perhaps we can grab a Wayde Skipper type from the state leagues as a 1 year insurance policy.

Barlow would be handy with Mitchell & Lewis gone, but after letting them go to pursue a youth policy of sorts recruiting him would be a slap in the face.

Without Ceglar we could use another backup for McEvoy. Perhaps we can grab a Wayde Skipper type from the state leagues as a 1 year insurance policy.

I definitely think we need a back-up ruckman with experience.

I definitely think we need a back-up ruckman with experience.
Throwing Pittonet to the wolves if his body isn't up to it isn't going to do his long-term durability any favors. In fact we could've done with more ruck depth this year when rumor has it McEvoy was carrying a back injury. Fitzpatrick suffering from that concussion so long obviously wasn't part of the plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dream...
nugget1.jpg

The reality..
1116136218_8ffeee1b95_b.jpg

Although flavour of the month someone like Barrett would seem to make more sense than Barlow as a depth selection.

Barlow clearly can still be elite for the next year or two but for us that's probably less useful when talking our next flag tilt.

Barrett could be a really handy player. Worst case depth, best case solid B22 contributor.

As a pure depth selection Id want someone who whilst offering solid depth atm, at least has scope to improve and become B22 in the future.

No stop gaps please.

I think we should look at Richards. He's no star but he is no worse than his brother at the same age. He played in a grand final less than a month ago. Given our alternative is a rubbish late pick, I wouldn't mind him on the list as depth. He's better than TOB and maybe we could turn him into a defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted free agents - sifting through the neighbor's bins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back