Delisted free agents

Remove this Banner Ad

You know I actually was thinking the "IS" and "ARE"
How you mean I know. How it looks to the educated eye is a different matter. A username defines your character and values. There may only be one Dawes, but there appear to be more. Anyway, thankfully the username change is not requested or required.

Who won the Cox Plate today? I missed the race and result.

People playing 4th division on Sundays mornings can lay claim to being 'spuds' and no disrespect intended to those footy lovers.

Rorzza, I was never a spud when I played suburban footy.

I simply had aversions to mud and putting my head over the ball.

Nothing better than a dry track and waiting at the back of the pack for some cheap goals.

How you mean I know. How it looks to the educated eye is a different matter. A username defines your character and values. There may only be one Dawes, but there appear to be more. Anyway, thankfully the username change is not requested or required.

Who won the Cox Plate today? I missed the race and result.
Winx joined her name sake Saintly in winning today.
She actually won lady year too, so she's a dual winner.
She is one of the greats, was an obliteration of her opposition, 8 lengths.
Was an honour to be there.

You are right, a user name is a definer or can be.
Saintly and VIEWED are very defining, great horses, horses I loved, but the word itself Saintly is important.
And to view things and have views VIEWED is vital.

Winx joined her name sake Saintly in winning today.
She actually won lady year too, so she's a dual winner.
She is one of the greats, was an obliteration of her opposition, 8 lengths.
Was an honour to be there.

You are right, a user name is a definer or can be.
Saintly and VIEWED are very defining, great horses, horses I loved, but the word itself Saintly is important.
And to view things and have views VIEWED is vital.
Hugh Bowman in the saddle. A racing friend of mine often gave me 'Hugh Bowman' tips and most of the money I have won has been on his rides.

Dawes to mentor Darcy.

Not about how to play footy or anything but how to be a semi decent person. Much better suited to the role than Trav :thumbsupemoji:

Interesting comment! I always enjoyed Dawes' perspective and self-deprecating humour. Has a brain too, which is refreshing. Would love to see him back at our club in some role, but then again I don't really see him as a typical footy club guy. Could be wrong.

Most likely he has invested his $$$ well, has been or will study, and will be set up nicely for the future. Good luck Dawesy, and thanks for your wonderful 2010.

KPF: Moore, White // Cox, Gault
KPD: Reid, Dunn (?) // Keefe
Ruck: Grundy // Cox

Given Reid's injury history and Moore fragility we are fu**ed when inevitably one of them goes down.

Ideally we can bring a young budding KPP via the draft, however I think bringing in another experienced body is a must. Dawesome

Also, if bucks has labeled this finals or bust- Barlow should be picked up.

Dawes is the AFL version of the guys in the NBA that are there because they are big and can run and chew gum at the same time.

At worst he can create a contest, at best he might do something useful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawes is the AFL version of the guys in the NBA that are there because they are big and can run and chew gum at the same time.

He missd a bit of footy at Melbourne which didn't help him but his cards were marked as soon as Hogan re signed. he looks better coming out of square which didn't happen much with us with cloke.

Anybody seen this bloke in action recently?

TOM LEE
ST KILDA gave up a fair bit for Lee in the 2012 national draft and have received little in return. In fairness, much of this is due to various shoulder and leg injuries, but given the 25-year-old has proven himself as an elite kick up forward and in defence, he could have some currency on the open market.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/han...7/news-story/032d93d2d42dfd72c3d5361646549fe7

Hi everyone, would anyone know how would you be classified as a D.F.A?
Do you actually have to get delisted? If i am not mistaken? That way you can sign up with any club of your choice outside the draft or p.s.d?
If your not delisted and you dont sign up for the club you beelong to you then have to go through the draft?
If my above assumptions are correct, what is the position on players such as Litherland, Oshea, Richards or even Buckley have they been offered contracts? Do you think there clubs would let them go as D.F.A?
Same with Blair, according to the A.F.L site he has been offered a 1 year contract but as yet to put pen to paper.Do you think we would delist him ? If he gets an offer from another club.

Hi everyone, would anyone know how would you be classified as a D.F.A?
Do you actually have to get delisted? If i am not mistaken? That way you can sign up with any club of your choice outside the draft or p.s.d?
If your not delisted and you dont sign up for the club you beelong to you then have to go through the draft?
If my above assumptions are correct, what is the position on players such as Litherland, Oshea, Richards or even Buckley have they been offered contracts? Do you think there clubs would let them go as D.F.A?
Same with Blair, according to the A.F.L site he has been offered a 1 year contract but as yet to put pen to paper.Do you think we would delist him ? If he gets an offer from another club.
If your club delists you or decides not to offer you a contract then you are a D.F.A. If your club offered you a new contract and you turn it down, then you must go into the draft and go to the club that drafts you.

For example O'Meara had a contract in front of him from Gold Coast which he rejected. If a trade didn't get done to get him to the Hawks, and he still rejected the contract from Gold Coast then he would have to go into the draft (his choice which one).

Marley Williams on the other hand, if he wasn't traded was not going to get a new contract from Collingwood (based on the talk from Dekka I think we can take that as assumed) therefore he would have become a DFA.

As far as Litherland, O'Shea, Richards and Buckley go I'm not sure. Sydney are keen to keep Richards according to Harley so I would guess he would have a contract he can sign, so he wouldn't qualify. I can't answer the status of the other 3. Blair I believe has a contract in front of him so he wouldn't become an DFA at this stage, unless we withdraw the offer I don't see us delisting him.

Last edited:
Good god.. 3rd year on an AFL list and he got dropped to the development league this year and absolutely spudded it up there too..
Recovering from an ACL too. He would be a liability rather than insurance. Rather take a state league mature ruck than an injured or injury prone player.

Minson is the only experienced player left isn't he. I doubt Clarke will go from Freo now. Lobbe not what we want or need.

Barlow best of that lot by a country mile.
Yeah maybe Freo want to retain him. They cut a lot of midfield depth Mzungu De Boer Pearce so Barlow would be cheap insurance. If he wants more games can't see him picking pies over GC, Cats or Carlton for instance.

Bit like Jarrod Witts...if he wasn't that tall he would have played local footy his whole life.

Anybody seen this bloke in action recently?

TOM LEE
ST KILDA gave up a fair bit for Lee in the 2012 national draft and have received little in return. In fairness, much of this is due to various shoulder and leg injuries, but given the 25-year-old has proven himself as an elite kick up forward and in defence, he could have some currency on the open market.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/han...7/news-story/032d93d2d42dfd72c3d5361646549fe7

Has spent the past two seasons (when not hurt) pretty much entirely in defence for Sandringham, where he's had some mixed reviews. Snuck a couple of appearances late this season as a forward, including the elimination final against Port Melbourne where he kicked 5 goals against an undersized Port backline.

He's also re-signed for another two years:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/32696808/claremont-miss-out-on-tom-lee/#page1

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted free agents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back