Review delistings 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sonsie needs to be given inside mid opportunities.

He plays inside mid in the VFL then gets dumped in a forward flank in the AFL.

Beguiles me that Dow has had some much opportunity in our midfield whereas Sonsie has had virtually none.

It’s an odd one when Sonsie is a kick first player while Dow is a handball squib. Sonsie needs to harden up though or next year will be his last.

And based on that what side are you going to create 😞
More of a side like GWS rather then GC. players that can hit targets by foot and hand. Would be a positive start in the right direction

Based on this we may as well start a new side from scratch. Never watched the draft will this year though.
I didn’t think I went too hard . Most of those changes are trades and retirements.
Of the delistings I don’t see any of them getting a second chance, they’re not AFL standard. Dow has given it his best but he’s an inside mid, with poor foot skills, and no other strings to his bow.
We may as well make the call now.

Honestly with all the players leaving and retiring I can see 3 delistings at most. Macca hasn’t even been promised a contract yet. If Macca doesn’t get a contract it will 9 players gone without any other delistings. Colina is probably next which makes 10. Macca may be involved in a trade possibly. Lynch might even be traded too. No certainty Cumberland and Coulthard get the cut

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly with all the players leaving and retiring I can see 3 delistings at most. Macca hasn’t even been promised a contract yet. If Macca doesn’t get a contract it will 9 players gone without any other delistings. Colina is probably next which makes 10. Macca may be involved in a trade possibly. Lynch might even be traded too. No certainty Cumberland and Coulthard get the cut

McIntosh is a FA. He will get a contract, be delisted or tell the club he's going elsewhere. Unrestricted FA can't be traded.

Sonsie needs to be given inside mid opportunities.

He plays inside mid in the VFL then gets dumped in a forward flank in the AFL.

Beguiles me that Dow has had some much opportunity in our midfield whereas Sonsie has had virtually none.
Still been ordinary recently in the VFL and Muddiemoose is correct he needs to pull his finger out as he’s going to have extra competition next year for his spot. The excuses are over for him as he’s had three years now on a list and hasn’t improved so the signs are worrying. I’ve constantly backed him in, but he’s running out of lives. This time next year we will all know whether he will survive or not as the one year left on his contract was his lifeline for next season.

Hoping Taylor Hunt doesn’t get the axe. Showed enough for a one year extension IMHO

Still been ordinary recently in the VFL and Muddiemoose is correct he needs to pull his finger out as he’s going to have extra competition next year for his spot. The excuses are over for him as he’s had three years now on a list and hasn’t improved so the signs are worrying. I’ve constantly backed him in, but he’s running out of lives. This time next year we will all know whether he will survive or not as the one year left on his contract was his lifeline for next season.
On the money mate
Ive been a big Sonsie backer and my frustration comes from wanting him to perform at the level I expect and think he can

Even in his better VFL games he gets a lot of his ball by waiting outside the contest (that’s fine at times) but when it’s his turn to crack in his still reluctant to get his hands dirty

Compare that to kmac2 who i understand has a different body shape but his less “skilled” as a player who will always attack the contest, even if he dosent win the ball at the development stage that’s not a huge deal as long as they have that intent

Needs to find that competitive edge and want to compete and hunt the ball instead of always waiting for it to come on his terms

It’s more of a mental thing than physical and it’s not unknown for it to just click for similar players over a good pre season but if it doesn’t i suspect he will be looking for a new club next year or starting an apprenticeship

Remove this Banner Ad

Review delistings 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back