Review delistings 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

GIF by NDR

I miss Castagna

I do feel like I kinda maybe sorta owe Georgie Porgie an apology. Especially after watching MRJ serve up a smorgasbord of nothing in 90% of his games. I was never arsed to check Georgies stats at the time but looking at MRJ's previous 2 seasons where he averages 7 touches (3-4 effective) 1.3 marks (usually unopposed chest mark from one of the brothers looking for him) 0.4 goals & 2.4 tackles a game.

Reading so many posters rave about MRJ's performances using superlatives like phenomenal, amazing, great, brilliant I'm kinda shook up. Maybe I need to stop blinking during games or when my mates chirpy son asks me repetitive questions I shouldn't look away from the action or glance at my phone to look at stats or check other games scores as I must have terrible timing as he must weave some magic in those brief seconds I'm not watching..... as bad as Cantstandya was he could find the pill, take a grab and create his own scoring opportunities himself without fanboys heaping praise on him for delusional, imagined deeds that his surname conjured up.

I do feel like I kinda maybe sorta owe Georgie Porgie an apology. Especially after watching MRJ serve up a smorgasbord of nothing in 90% of his games. I was never arsed to check Georgies stats at the time but looking at MRJ's previous 2 seasons where he averages 7 touches (3-4 effective) 1.3 marks (usually unopposed chest mark from one of the brothers looking for him) 0.4 goals & 2.4 tackles a game.

Reading so many posters rave about MRJ's performances using superlatives like phenomenal, amazing, great, brilliant I'm kinda shook up. Maybe I need to stop blinking during games or when my mates chirpy son asks me repetitive questions I shouldn't look away from the action or glance at my phone to look at stats or check other games scores as I must have terrible timing as he must weave some magic in those brief seconds I'm not watching..... as bad as Cantstandya was he could find the pill, take a grab and create his own scoring opportunities himself without fanboys heaping praise on him for delusional, imagined deeds that his surname conjured up.
For all his good qualities, George had more than his share of poor traits. I used to hate the way he would bang the ball on his left boot, hoping for a miraculous goal, only to miss the target when he had options to pass. He tried his best and had heart, but he was a fringe player with fringe-player skills.

For all his good qualities, George had more than his share of poor traits. I used to hate the way he would bang the ball on his left boot, hoping for a miraculous goal, only to miss the target when he had options to pass. He tried his best and had heart, but he was a fringe player with fringe-player skills.

He was terrible and couldn't execute a simple handball to a teammate 2-3m away without putting it on their toes, over their heads or making them break stride as it was behind their backs. I would argue MRJ is a suburban footballer, not even VFL standard. It's just annoying like the Carlton VFL game against suburban ring ins from the pub: he doesn't touch it for 3/4. Plays good in last 1/4 against hacks and his frothing fanboys are anointing him as a senior midfielder, when reality is he'll come back to preseason with a spare tyre and no reprimand.

Of all the whipping boy lashings, I feel genuinely sad about Castagna.

Tried his damned guts out. A really nice and respectful person. Not his fault he had limitations but he made it to the top level and contributed to 3 flags.

It's a shame he retired and you can bet your ballsack the team has missed having such a great clubman around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

George was good for one thing, his efforts were contagious, cant handball , cant kick, rushes everything.

You know things have reached rock bottom when everyone is pining for Castagna
incredible and mentioned in a delisting's thread where the bloke retired.
George was good for one thing, his efforts were contagious, cant handball , cant kick, rushes everything.
I raised him because he was unfairly a whipping boy as the team started to go backwards. We eat our own too much.

He's a triple premiership player - he played his role consistently enough and well enough to contribute to our dynasty. He had a great pressure game and strong physical attributes for someone of his size. The bloke deserves more love. Haters can gagf

I raised him because he was unfairly a whipping boy as the team started to go backwards. We eat our own too much.

He's a triple premiership player - he played his role consistently enough and well enough to contribute to our dynasty. He had a great pressure game and strong physical attributes for someone of his size. The bloke deserves more love. Haters can gagf
Nobody hates him as that’s just a childish throwaway line. George retired because he knew that the game had gone passed him and not because of haters. He actually overachieved in my opinion and God bless him for doing so.

Nobody hates him as that’s just a childish throwaway line. George retired because he knew that the game had gone passed him and not because of haters. He actually overachieved in my opinion and God bless him for doing so.
The chat on here was pretty toxic for a long time leading up to his retirement. But yeah did well for himself.

But if he stayed on we could probably be trading him for a second rounder right now. (Mostly tongue in cheek)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review delistings 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back