News Delistings Announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Like to thank Adam Bentick for his time at Carlton. Great bloke and will be missed. Game just got quicker and quicker and copped injuries at the wrong time. Always gave it everything he had and got the most out of himself. Will be missed by the players a lot more than other more high profiled players. Jordan Bannister another player who contributed arround the place.

Yeah if that contract clause secures Cloke then Wiggins has to be the one most at risk, depending how many spots they want to open.

Agree, and the Bradshaw news must have some a bit nervous around the place. However, we have 6 seniors off the list and 2 added (Mclean, Henderson), plus we will definitely take a kid at pick 12, thats 3. Our next pick is 43, and in a relatively good draft last year we got Robbo at 40, but I would be surprised if there is much quality left at 43 this year, and it would be a speculative pick at best. So if Bradshaw nominates for the ND we could pick him up with that pick assuming he lasted that long. Thats 4, we then take a long shot pick with 59 by which time some clubs (Melbourne for example) might be passing meaning that pick gets elevated. Anyway thats 5 and it leaves a pick free for the PSD.

There would seem to be a lot of senior delistings or players leaving clubs this year meaning that there could be other players the club has its eye on in the ND or PSD. If there are any others, (Jesse Smith, Macdonald etc) then others need to be delisted from the senior list. And looking through the list I the only ones under threat seems to be Fish, Cloke or The Chief and maybe Anderson based on games played in 09. But if any of these have contracts I believe the club would honor them.

I saw this on the AFL website.

As of yesterday, we have 35 Senior Listed players & 5 Rookies.

According to the CFC website, there will be 2 more changes/delistings to our list by the 30th October.

Stevo will most likely retire, so who will the other unlucky one be ?
I am tipping Wiggins :D

CARLTON
1. Anderson, Joe
2. Armfield, Dennis
3. Austin, Mark
4. Betts, Eddie
5. Bower, Paul
6. Browne, Steven
7. Carrazzo, Andrew
8. Cloke, Cameron
9. Fisher, Brad
10. Gibbs, Bryce
11. Grigg, Shaun
12. Hadley, Richard
13. Hampson, Shaun
14. Henderson, Lachlan
15. Houlihan, Ryan
16. Jamison, Michael
17. Johnson, Chris
18. Judd, Chris
19. Kreuzer, Matthew
20. McLean, Brock
21. Murphy, Marc
22. O'hAilpin, Setanta
23. O'Keefe, Rhys
24. Robinson, Mitch
25. Russell, Jordan
26. Scotland, Heath
27. Simpson, Kade
28. Stevens, Nick
29. Thornton, Bret
30. Tiller, Caleb
31. Waite, Jarrad
32. Walker, Andrew
33. Warnock, Robert
34. Wiggins, Simon
35. Yarran, Chris

Rookie List
1. Bentley, Greg
2. Ellard, David
3. Garlett, Jeff
4. Jacobs, Sam
5. Joseph, Aaron

ADDITIONS
Father-Son selection: –
Exchange period: Lachlan Henderson (Brisbane Lions), Brock McLean (Melbourne)
Rookie elevation: –
Scholarship elevation:
NAB AFL Draft:
International rookie selection:
Three-year non-registered player selection:
NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft:
NAB AFL Rookie Draft:

DELETIONS
Retired: –
Exchange period: Brendan Fevola (Brisbane Lions)
Delisted: Jordan Bannister, Adam Bentick, Jake Edwards, Adam Hartlett, Lachie Hill (rookie), Darren Pfeiffer (rookie), Luke Stanton (rookie)

BTW Even though Stevens will retire, he still will be on the list next year, due to his contract for another season (hate that loophole in the unflexible AFL rules)

I think you will find if they were de-listed by their club (be it another club or the same) and are then re-rookied then the process starts all over again. We don't have to elevate Bentley, that's for sure, and I think there might be one or two others that were re-rookied within the last two years.

I thought that we delisted all our rookies last year and then re-listed all the ones we wanted to keep?

If thats the case, then Sauce and Ellard can stay on the list until next year. Joseph might be elevated just because he rocks.

I thought that we delisted all our rookies last year and then re-listed all the ones we wanted to keep?

If thats the case, then Sauce and Ellard can stay on the list until next year. Joseph might be elevated just because he rocks.

I believe that Jacobs and Ellard aren't eligible to be retained on the rookie list, I think they have to be either promoted to the senior list or delisted.

BTW Even though Stevens will retire, he still will be on the list next year, due to his contract for another season (hate that loophole in the unflexible AFL rules)

From what I have read in both the Herald-Sun and Age CP, it looks like Stevens' wage will be able to be counted in this years TPP's, not next years.

Like to thank Adam Bentick for his time at Carlton. Great bloke and will be missed. Game just got quicker and quicker and copped injuries at the wrong time. Always gave it everything he had and got the most out of himself. Will be missed by the players a lot more than other more high profiled players. Jordan Bannister another player who contributed arround the place.

I agree Adam Bentick did well must be unlucky to be delisted with the amount of midfielders we have now but tried.

Jordan Bannister was ok player who tried hard also but with younger guys in defense and not cementing a permanent spot his days were numbered.

Jake Edwards i don't know what he was doing maybe rookied if we can see something in him.

Adam Hartlett,Too Many Injuries and too long do something someone has to go.

They all tried probably thought Edwards could have done more but who knows maybe he will get another shot.

Anderson, Cloke, Fisher, Wiggins, Johnson, Houlihan would all be seriously looked at for the chop.

I hope they stick with Anderson as he really came on in the VFL this year and is a future replacement for scotland on the half back flank. Fisher should go, he's no where near AFL standard. Youth may save Johnson. Wiggins just can't kick and I can't see him being a future member of a premiership team. Houlihan had a pretty good finish to last season, but I would say 2010 would be his last chance to put in a consistant season.
Fevola's axing and Cloke's good VFL finals series might save his career, he improved a little but it would be his last chance next year if he survives.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Delistings Announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back