Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2005
Riverina
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
We support this club and most of us are in it for life

Enough of patting people including Coach McCartney + recruits on the back before they deliver results

I think it is ridiculous to start a Clay Smith is as tough as Chuck Norris thread before we even see if Clay can hold down a senior spot

It screams of one of the biggest weaknesses in this club, over-hyped expectation because we constantly over expect from our recruits then when we feel duded because they failed to meet over hyped a Chris Judd or Gary Ablett Jnr or the next Messiah .....people want to bush them

Lets cut the cr^p and wait till they perform before we start idolising them

Maybe the reason the Cat's broke the cycle of mediocrity that we seem to be still stuck in was because at some stage the Cat's fans moved from pumping players and coaches up with BS hype until they delivered on achievement rather than creating expectation or come close results.

And if anyone thinks Prelim Finals is OK results - Geelong prior to slump 2005 would have copped that mediocrity 2006 missing Finals before 2007 Premiership

Some stage players, coaches, staff and fans must demand - stuff the excuses - one premiership is unacceptable and you cant blame Charlie Sutton or the past for it, you must blame coaches including Eade + Wallace + Malthouse who are regardless of publicity hype and media spin - not as good coaching as Charlie -> they all failed to deliver, Charlie Sutton might have had a simple message but in 1954 it was the best message in the league.

For all the BS lets demand results and performance from this group, lets post a good comment when it is worthy ... not before they have played a game

Let em earn it .. including McCartney .. at this stage until he delivers as a coach he is still behind Royce Hart

Let's not fall into the "Our Mastermind" crud that was associated with "Our Titanic" Peter Rhodes this time

Nor blowing expectation on Farren Ray, Tim Walsh, Doog's, Jordy, Luke Penny, Jade R or any other over hyped delivery failure to our club

Lets take a teaspoon of cement as fans and demand good performance before praise.

Don't think too many people are serious when they come out with stuff like that - hope not anyway! Surely not the Mastermind line......:eek:

I find myself agreeing with aker more and more :eek:

I admit I cringed a little at the Clay Smith stuff and I cringed harder at people saying 'Now we have 'Macca' all our soft players are going to be tough'.

Let's be optimistic and supportive but the proof will be in the performance and not all this pre-season puff stuff. The stuff the club officials on twitter and facebook are pushing would make George Orwell turn in his grave. (although that's there job, lets not fall for it - lets wait and see)

Good post by acker. Its exciting that we have a newly appointed coach in Brendan McCartney and new recruits in the draft such as Clay Smith but season 2012 is still months away and once the season begins then we can give our praise if there going well and our criticism if things arent going well. Always for me in pre-season like every supporter im optimistic but to be realistic I think season 2012 could go either way for us depending on injuries and how players in our pre-season. Brian Lake's pre-season will be watched closely as Monty said he reckons his great form from previous can return in 2012 but we have to wait and see.

Agree with the sentiments. I took the Clay Smith stuff as a gag and nothing more but the reality is that Rocket was a good coach who took us a fair way but didn't do it and Macca has taken over a list in serious need of development. Those who think he is likely to turn all of our players tough are likely to be disappointed.

Wow. Being dictated to. Now there's a first.

I'll hype the team and be optimistic as I damn well please.

Tend to agree with this.

Would you rather us be miserable and coy on everyone? We're barrackers for a reason. Let us support how we want to.

Nothing wrong with positive posts if things are going well.

We have to wait a while to see if there will be 'results', as long as the club is heading in the right direction, eg draftees, injured players recovering well, and the coaches saying / doing the right things then it should be fine to praise them.

This is my 51st pre season as a supporter
Brenden Mc Cartney is the the greatest coach we've had
and will turn us into the toughest team around
Clay Smith is the best and hardest rscruit we have seen
Talia is the best defender in the draft
Our other recruits will all play first round and will never be dropped.
This is going to be the most exciting season we have ever had

THAT IS WHAT I WANT TO BELIEVE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

225667_10150606048885304_726440303_18720955_6706167_n.jpg

Your right Acker yet unfortunately our club has a history of putting individuals ahead of team success. We also overate our our players. For example there were only three players who were top class at the Dogs last year, Hall, Murphy and Boyd.

examples of individuals winning over team ethics:

Darcy has a press conference mid year and tells the public he doesn't have the hunger anymore and will retire at the end of the year.

Sorry pal, hunger gone you retire right then and there, team is bigger.

Romero tells the club he is playing in the prelim even with a dodgy shoulder, club not strong enough to overule him, down a player in a prel

Club stick with Brad Johson as our key forward. Did a great job, had individual success but ultimately it wasn't the forward structure to win a GF. Needed to play a big man, got Hall 1 year too late, ultimately letting a great chance of a premiership slip.

Gillbee gets an arm chair ride to 200 games. I'd love to now the stats on how many 200 gamer we have compared to other clubs.

I hope Macca changes this culture.

The cats supporters mindset had nothing to do with their success.

Completely agree with this. You'd have to be a mental midget to believe the contrary.

Also who called the fun police. It's the bloody off-season it's all about unrealistic expectations, stupid predictions and positivity. It's what gets most of us through with our sanity intact. Most know that it's all bullshit and we don't need a killjoy telling us. Do you go to movies and yell out "these people are actors! It is not really happening!"

Wow. Being dictated to. Now there's a first.

I'll hype the team and be optimistic as I damn well please.

Tend to agree with this.

Would you rather us be miserable and coy on everyone? We're barrackers for a reason. Let us support how we want to.

How about people have the right to say whatever they want and the reader has the right to choose wether to read it.

Load of horse shit.

Completely agree with this. You'd have to be a mental midget to believe the contrary.

Also who called the fun police. It's the bloody off-season it's all about unrealistic expectations, stupid predictions and positivity. It's what gets most of us through with our sanity intact. Most know that it's all bullshit and we don't need a killjoy telling us. Do you go to movies and yell out "these people are actors! It is not really happening!"

Ha ha

Good point immortalmike, this board is about fun as well, have to remember that sometimes.

Did I point a gun at any of your heads and say you must totally agree with me ?

I posted an opinion - I didn't pass a law

Did I point a gun at any of your heads and say you must totally agree with me ?

I posted an opinion - I didn't pass a law

It's freedom of speech and forums are where people will have different opinions on issues all the time. Making a thread generates discussion amongst the posters.

In the past we've expressed optimism about new recruits and then bagged them when they turned out to be duds.

I agree with Acker.......let's not build them up before they've played a match. That way we can still bag them when they turn out to be duds without being as disappointed:rolleyes:

Your right Acker yet unfortunately our club has a history of putting individuals ahead of team success. We also overate our our players. For example there were only three players who were top class at the Dogs last year, Hall, Murphy and Boyd.

examples of individuals winning over team ethics:

Darcy has a press conference mid year and tells the public he doesn't have the hunger anymore and will retire at the end of the year.

Sorry pal, hunger gone you retire right then and there, team is bigger.

Romero tells the club he is playing in the prelim even with a dodgy shoulder, club not strong enough to overule him, down a player in a prel

Club stick with Brad Johson as our key forward. Did a great job, had individual success but ultimately it wasn't the forward structure to win a GF. Needed to play a big man, got Hall 1 year too late, ultimately letting a great chance of a premiership slip.

Gillbee gets an arm chair ride to 200 games. I'd love to now the stats on how many 200 gamer we have compared to other clubs.

I hope Macca changes this culture.
Agree with fully

Remove this Banner Ad

Delivered results or no praise threads - Coaches, Players, Recruits or Staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back