Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

This one isn't exactly high octane idiot fuel, but it made me giggle reading it this long after the match:

It's going to be even sweeter when we win after getting reamed by the umps.

I don't care where the pick ends up. If we finish 17th and the Saints get pick 2, it will show the Gold Coast Suns and the rest of the league to not be stubborn and just deal with us when we have a reasonable offer on the table.
Yet another win out of last year's trade period for Hawthorne. It just gets better and better.

Yet another win out of last year's trade period for Hawthorne. It just gets better and better.

Is he really saying "hey everyone, we at Hawthorne are reasonable to trade with, therefore please give us your good players for peanuts just like we gave away good players for peanuts last year"?

His last line is quite ironic given what proceeded it.

Even better when you see what is the tag line on their profile page:

Why not find a positive in every negative?

Just heard a ripper on the radio during Gerard Whateley's segment on John Faine's show. Some moron just asked when Essendon is going to drop Goddard, makes too many mistakes and adds nothing to the team... :drunk:

Even better when you see what is the tag line on their profile page:

Why not find a positive in every negative?

Just heard a ripper on the radio during Gerard Whateley's segment on John Faine's show. Some moron just asked when Essendon is going to drop Goddard, makes too many mistakes and adds nothing to the team... :drunk:
Probably the fat slob, arseh*le of a bloke who sits near me.

My surrounding area is most oldies who just constantly yell at players to kick the bloody thing when we're running and handballing through the middle and to just kick it forward when the switch is on.
My area is actually great except for this one dick who likes the sound of his own voice. He's ok sometimes but mostly just a tool.

Love their situation
They either trade one of their better players this year to try and get a good kid in the draft, they trade next years 1st rounder for one this year or wait another year before they can use pick 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My surrounding area is most oldies who just constantly yell at players to kick the bloody thing when we're running and handballing through the middle and to just kick it forward when the switch is on.

"just kick it"

player just kicks it

"not there!"

"just kick it"

player just kicks it

"not there!"

Oh yes, I've got these 2 (I don't want to say "Old", they're probably in their 50s) women directly behind me at Etidad. If any of our players does anything other than kick at least 40m towards goal, they start squawking "Stop messing around with it!". That goes for pretty much any handball and any kick that is more sideways than forwards, and of course any kick backwards. Then, when the players do have to just hack it forward and there's inevitably 3 defenders waiting to mop up, its always "Who was that to? Why waste the ball like that?"

C'mon ladies, make up your mind. There's rarely ever a free man 50m ahead to pass it to. You gotta work your way through the defensive zones these days, and that often requires some play that isn't a beeline straight towards goal....

It's probably the thing I hate most about watching games at Etihad tbh. Gonna see if I can get our seats moved next year, just because of them.

Love their situation
They either trade one of their better players this year to try and get a good kid in the draft, they trade next years 1st rounder for one this year or wait another year before they can use pick 1.

I doubt trading out one of their good players to get 1 draft pick will help them. And at the end of the day they've got 4 flags from 10years, they got what they could out of the list now they have too start again.

Oh yes, I've got these 2 (I don't want to say "Old", they're probably in their 50s) women directly behind me at Etidad. If any of our players does anything other than kick at least 40m towards goal, they start squawking "Stop messing around with it!". That goes for pretty much any handball and any kick that is more sideways than forwards, and of course any kick backwards. Then, when the players do have to just hack it forward and there's inevitably 3 defenders waiting to mop up, its always "Who was that to? Why waste the ball like that?"

C'mon ladies, make up your mind. There's rarely ever a free man 50m ahead to pass it to. You gotta work your way through the defensive zones these days, and that often requires some play that isn't a beeline straight towards goal....

It's probably the thing I hate most about watching games at Etihad tbh. Gonna see if I can get our seats moved next year, just because of them.

Sounds like you were watching the game with my GFs mum. Holy crap that can be challenging, that or watching her yell at her laptop!
I suspect the intricacies of the modern game are somewhat lost on some of the older diehards.

Jon Ralph 3 months ago:

"Ralph says that internally, Hawthorn’s medical staff are highly confident O’Meara’s knee troubles are a thing of the past.

“Hawthorn’s medicos are almost saying to some people “What knee?” he said.

“Of course he’s going to be aware of it, but they’re saying ‘Mate, his knee could not be any structurally any sounder.”

The Hawks gave up pick 10 in last year’s AFL National Draft, used by the Suns to select midfielder Jack Bowes, in addition to their second round selection this year for the highly-talented on-baller, a trade which Ralph believes could be one of the great steals in recent history.

“They gave up pick 10 for him and a 2017 second rounder, which if they win the flag or finish top four could be 40, 42, by the time a few picks come in,” he said.

“They have given up 10 and 42 for a bloke who might be their next captain in a couple of years, who has already hit the ground running and is just everything you want him to be as a footballer.

It may just be one of the great heists."

Ah, that it is Jon.

Love their situation
no no no. Clarke has masterminded this nicely.
Fyfe, May and Martin will join this year as free agents. Clubs won't be stupid enough to match and try and trade with the Hawks cos its like they sell the farm for anything.
Jaeger comes good and shakes off umpteen knee reco's to return to his blistering paced best, fed by Mitchell and Fyfe and getting it off to Martin who will don't argue and bomb it to Sicily.

Plus they have Burton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back