Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

mightn’t be the thread for it, but here’s something i thought of while on the loo this morning

i’ve got my own delusional theory about that; we’re probably one of the few clubs not on gear… given our history of self reporting. my memories of those days are foggy, but did any other coach/club (not supporters) care about us doping/give a shit that we self reported

it’s either that or the bloke in charge of our fitness and conditioning is doing nothing & getting paid a good chunk for it

So I posted this on the trade board:
Hi, this document (https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/AFL-Rules-June-2017.PDF) states:

On page 97:

For the avoidance of doubt, any entitlement to a compensatory selection:
(i) may be exchanged in accordance with Rule 9;
(ii) cannot be utilised pursuant to the Father/Son (Rule 8); and
(iii) cannot be utilised pursuant to the Listing of Club Academy Player

And Rule 9.3 (page 58) states:

Limits on Exchange
(a) A Club may only exchange a National Draft Selection or Selections to which it is
entitled at either of the current year’s National Draft Selection Meeting or the
following year’s National Draft Selection Meeting.
(b) The General Counsel may make a Determination for the Trading of Future Draft
Selections which sets out conditions under which Clubs may exchange National
Draft Selections from future National Draft Selection Meetings.
(c) A Club’s right to trade any National Draft Selections as specified in Rule 9.3(a)
is subject to any conditions specified in the Determination for the Trading of
Future Draft Selections which must be complied with at all times

So Jon Ralph was wrong. As usual.
In reply, the guy who said that the AFL rules specifically states that the compensation pick can't be traded to us said:

Not really.

Because this entire deal discussed to death.

Is based on 2 clubs colluding on manufacturing a first round pick - with it even potentially going back to Essendon.

The only scenario close to this is the Dunstan Crouch scenario and that was blocked.

So it’s entirely plausible the afl say. Sure pay Gresham but the pick can’t be to essendon
There's delusion and then telling someone they're wrong when they literally show you the rules from the official document.

Suns: Pick 4 & Ben King

Dees: Clarry & 13

Have to be something like that from our perspective. 4-time B&F winning, 2-time AFL coaches MVP. Only 26yo. On his own he’s worth pick 1.

Essendon and Adelaide with offers of pick 8 and a second rounder or average player or anything remotely silly like that. Forget it. Waste of the cost of the phone call.

Armchair nuffies who fail to see the bigger picture and the nuances here like length/absurdity of his current contract and off field behavioural issues.

He most likely stays. But if Oliver does leave, it won't be for top dollar.

So I posted this on the trade board:

In reply, the guy who said that the AFL rules specifically states that the compensation pick can't be traded to us said:

There's delusion and then telling someone they're wrong when they literally show you the rules from the official document.
Same guy:

13 + 51 + Gresham

For 8 + Shiel

Is a win win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This McKay deal was utterly stupid.

and the only thing stupider is Essendon fans clucking around the farm thinking it was a good get.

This club is going nowhere with deals like this. Cant wait til Martin and Ridleys next contract comes for for negotiation. They will take us to the cleaners.

Prove me wrong Ben.

🤣

The longer I live the more I realise injuries that I used think seemed indiscriminate, chance, bad luck etc have a psychological aspect to them. Mind set plays a role. Was he thinking this is my last year here??

Smith did his knee coz he thought about his future at the Dogs.

Can someone tell me genuinely why North are so obsessed with us? (Humerous conisdering I'm lurking on their board :p)

I genuinely don't understand? They have a thread on their board just for bashing us and this prediction thread is also just shitting on us too. What happened lol? I literally didn't give them a second thought until recently when I noticed their obsession.
Surely one statement by Sheedy 20 years ago couldn't cause so much angst? am I missing something?
Did you read them? Their reasons are all intelligently thought out, concisely stated, perfectly valid and not in the slightest bit batshit crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back