Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing prohibits the umps from keeping their own mental tally of player stats though.

Yes. An umpire will keep a mental running tally of stats for individual players as well as umpiring the game.

Yes. An umpire will keep a mental running tally of stats for individual players as well as umpiring the game.

They're already expected to be able to watch if a guy is standing on the mark and to be able to call play on as soon as the guy with the ball deviates off the line. Counting individual player stats should be a cake walk for these super humans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COLA, academies and dubious umpiring isn't enough. Night grand finals now so the Swans can win, please!

Honestly read that as complaining about the playing group and Horse more than the timeslot.

Found these on the… Essendon boards?!?!

Best and fairest voting is consider to be the most accurate indication of how coaches see the performance of players.

Could you have a better indication of how broken Essendon's priorities are that Martin placed 2nd in the BnF?

A front runner who can't even hit targets...

team america vomit GIF

Well I don't rate Martin's season so take your pick.

Goldstein was more influential in more games than Martin was.

We won games in spite of Martin's butchery. We would not have won games in which Goldstein put on clinics in the middle.

Average player gets average contract resulting in average compensation.

Richmond fans:

We got screwed because the other club presidents soaked. Seemed to be the way with the AFL - soak if you want better compensation then soak if you want other teams to get worse compensation. Given his age, length and cost of his contract, he should have got Band 3 at the least. The AFL always seem to make decisions that hinder us.

Feels like its us versus against everyone, every single time. The AFL need to stop playing favourites and let go of that chip on their shoulder they have for us.
The AFL could have at least taken us to dinner before they F***** us!
The AFL enjoy fisting us with no lube.

How the **** are you supposed to rebuild if you don't' get fair compensation.
In this case we should have tried harder to keep him.

I'm over this corrupt sport!
I'm seething with bitter dissapointment and anger.
Our club don’t have the balls to stand up to these campaigners.

Especially whilst Gale was angling for the top job.

If Dunne has any balls he walks into their head office and launches. But he won’t. Another cuck.
Can we appeal this if it’s found that it’s disproportionate compared to say Isaac Cummings? Shouldn’t be too hard to work out grahams contract vs Cummings.

Didnt we offer him 4 years at $700? Why are people thinking he signed at wce for $500k? it was a lot more
What a load of crap!!!!! Seriously whoever was finagling this deal is a complete and utter moron and should be fired and replaced before he bungles the Bolton, Rioli and Baker deals. Pick 42 will blow out to 52 and be borderline useless.

In an era where the Pies were paying for large portions of all of Treloars, Jayden Stevephenson, Brodie Grundys, and Phillips contracts, whilst still coming under the salary cap and winning a flag. Htf did we not kick in some of his salary to guarantee Band 3? We are so putrid we'll struggle to find ways to make 90% of our cap. Dusty has made a lot of bung average people throughout the entire organisation look like phenomenal operators by virtue of being part of our 3 flags.

FMD how did they balls this up? Why aren't they already screaming blue murder in the media that we've been ripped off. People mocked the Stkilda president but kudos to him he sooked and make chicken salad out of Chook poo. The club can shove their digital bricks where the sun don't shine. Still no fitness guy. The rest of the recovery team unchanged. Toce lazily appointed. Clubs becoming a lazy joke fast.

According to the Herald-Sun, Matt Owies asking price is around $700,000-800,000 per season on a multi-year deal
Fake news. Manager has told Sam Edmond it is 100% not true .

Found these on the… Essendon boards?!?!

Go back and watch the game against Hawthorn in round 1 as the best illustration. We were taken apart for 3 quarters but for Goldstein smashing Reeves in the ruck. That allowed us to dominate the middle.

Why do we even need Goldstein if it is not for the reality that most of our mids can't get the job done in the middle without silver service from the ruckman?

Martin is the most overrated player in the competition by quite some way. I shouldn't borrow a line from Josh Jenkins because I rate virtually nothing of what he says but he raised a really interesting point about bnf voting. He says he pays no attention because all it reflects is line coaches who love their own players. I don't know that to be true but it is interesting from someone who spent a long time inside the system.

Go back and watch the game against Hawthorn in round 1 as the best illustration. We were taken apart for 3 quarters but for Goldstein smashing Reeves in the ruck. That allowed us to dominate the middle.

Why do we even need Goldstein if it is not for the reality that most of our mids can't get the job done in the middle without silver service from the ruckman?

Martin is the most overrated player in the competition by quite some way. I shouldn't borrow a line from Josh Jenkins because I rate virtually nothing of what he says but he raised a really interesting point about bnf voting. He says he pays no attention because all it reflects is line coaches who love their own players. I don't know that to be true but it is interesting from someone who spent a long time inside the system.
You are right. You should not borrow a line from Josh Jenkins.
B&F voting is flawed not because the line coaches love their players. It is flawed because you are only up against your own team mates and if you are not a great team then you are competing against lower quality players.
What some results in the B&F will show is blokes who play their role to a strong standard will get votes but then you would probably take more notice of a B&F result if you where looking at our sides 1998-2002 or Geelong most years or Tigers 2017 - 2020 or even a side like the Hawks this year where the back end was really good form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back