Demetriou says lay off Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very nice. Someone needs to tell O'Loughlin there was a slight difference between Goodes and Mohammad Ali - Goodes has never refused to be drafted into a war.

I rate Goodes off field work, but O'Loughlin's quotes comparing him to Nelson Mandela are David Brentesque.

It's great two people have already seized on this considering O'Loughlin acknowledges the inappropriateness of the comparison in the actual article itself.

It's great two people have already seized on this considering O'Loughlin acknowledges the inappropriateness of the comparison in the actual article itself.
Yeah, then followed it with "you never know"...

Not everybody loved Muhammad Ali. He was American public enemy number one back in those days, but now he’s the most loved person on the planet. Same with Nelson Mandela. I’m not putting Adam in that category. Well, you never know

It reads like, I'm not saying he's Ali or Mandela, but he probably will be...

Apart from having a punchable face I have nothing against Goodes at the start of every game. There have been a few where he has become the villain for his staging or roughhousing and deservedly been boo'd for it by the Eagles crowds. However, he isn't boo'd from the start of a game.

I do think there is no way he should have 2 brownlows though. The fact he was the umpires pet which seemed to make him feel entitled to frees and that he could push the boundaries the other way seems to be what many people hate about him. I haven't heard anyone complain at the footy about the monkey incident, as this article spuriously claims as the first possible reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, their circumstances were slightly more strenuous than what's happened to poor Adam.
Yep, I mean, I see where Mickey O is coming from. Goodes was called a monkey this one time while earning millions of dollars to kick a ball around. That is pretty much like being locked in jail for 20+ years while being beaten and tortured.

Mickey O even claims it was "really courageous" later in the article. There is no argument from me that it was the right thing to do, but turning to security and pointing out someone that called you a racist name isn't really the height of courage.

Apart from having a punchable face I have nothing against Goodes at the start of every game. There have been a few where he has become the villain for his staging or roughhousing and deservedly been boo'd for it by the Eagles crowds. However, he isn't boo'd from the start of a game.

I do think there is no way he should have 2 brownlows though. The fact he was the umpires pet which seemed to make him feel entitled to frees and that he could push the boundaries the other way seems to be what many people hate about him. I haven't heard anyone complain at the footy about the monkey incident, as this article spuriously claims as the first possible reason.

Goodes was unstoppable when on song. He definitely deserves his brownlows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back