Demons linked to Dank

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

the response by the club is fine, however it's not the drugs (supplements, vitamins, whatever) that's at the crux of the issue here - it's the blatant LYING of the club in regards to dank's involvement with the club!

if the dees' admin can't understand that they've mislead their members, fans, the general public and perhaps most importantly the afl investigative staff then they're even more moronic than would seem possible.

we're absolutely going to be cooked over this.

it could well end up with the afl running the club - god knows we need someone who knows what the blazes they're doing as it's quite clear that our board, admin and football department have no idea whatsoever.

The former CEO would be resting easy tonight, certainly more comfortable with his 'forced' retirement.

Strange how both clubs CEO's left just prior to Dank connection surfacing.

Coincidence, but a strange one.

I think there are three things these text messages confirm.

Essendon was not the only club on a Dank run injection program, the Dees fibbed about their involvement with Dank and Vlad has been disingenuous.

This still does not clear up, what was exactly taken, whether there may have been banned substances used and whether there are any other links to banned supplement use in the AFL.

I do genuinely feel for Dees supporters.

The immediate concern was always going to be the fact that they withheld this information from the AFL. There has been no evidence to suggest Essendon or Melbourne have done anything against the drug codes, yet.

If i were a Melbourne supporter I would be absolutely furious at the board and administration for allowing it to come to this. How unprofessional can one club be? seriously?

If this was my club as a member I would be seeking and hoping that there was a serious challenge to the board.

In all seriousness, it would be the right time for someone to sweep in guns blazing to reinvent the Demons.

You'd be able to fresh slate the entire place, dust away the cobwebs, and set about starting all over again...in every department of the footy club.

Someone should.

Missed it. What were the main points?
The main points were that Dank and the Dees doctor were in regular contact over about 6 months, and, a number of players were given injections of stuff that was not illegal.
A substantial amount was said about some of it being on a list of stuff than may be made illegal at sometime in the future.

Why? is a question I like to ask. How did the ABC get the Docs text messages, from the Doc? Certainly didnt seem that there was any other parties to the messages, so its come from the Doc or Dank. Why would either of them want to share the messages?

If i were a Melbourne supporter I would be absolutely furious at the board and administration for allowing it to come to this. How unprofessional can one club be? seriously?

I need to sleep on all of this, but this was my initial reaction too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far ******* out.

Anyway, in other news AOD not banned
You don't see the significance of this story utterly contradicting what Melbourne has said in the past? The equivocation in their press release after the story?

They may not have flat out lied, but they certainly misled the AFL and their members/supporters. Furthermore, we're supposed to believe their doctor got advice from Dank about vitamins and antioxidants? Surely not even the most one-eyed Bomber fan believes Dank wasn't doing anymore than that, even if what was given wasn't illegal.

yes. At last it's starting to seep out, the realisation...

I understand ASADA are horrified by ALL clubs cavalier approach to supplements. But no, Andy has assured us he's "comfortable" it's only Essendon. ho ho ho

Really? All clubs? I know at least one club where the coach actually has a qualification in sports science that is meticulous in its approach.

Several problems with that Melbourne statement.

From the MFC statement:

• As previously stated, Stephen Dank did apply for a position at the Melbourne Football Club in 2012 but was not successful. He was known to the Club via this process and to the Club Doctor, Dr Dan Bates

From the 7.30 transcript:

Dank to Bates:
"I just wanted to thank you for all the support and the belief over the last five months. That is so important when the knockers line up"

From the MFC statement:

• The Club’s protocol and governance in relation to all treatment of players is that only the Club Doctor can prescribe and approve treatment to players. This system meant that at no time was Dank able to directly treat players

From the 7.30 transcript:

Bates to Dank:
"Sorry you still up? Trengove is not going to Darwin so I don't need the thymomodulin for tomorrow."
Dank to Bates:
"Should we consider AOD cream for Jack Trengove's navicular?"
Bates to Dank:
"Yep. ...
Dank to Bates:
"When we will start Jack Trengove on the AOD?"
Bates to Dank:
"Tomorrow"
Bates to Dank:
"Where can I get him to pick it up from?"
Dank to Bates:
"The pharmacy. Tell him to ring me and he can meet me there."

AND

Bates to Dank:
"… when can we book guys for the injections. We will need to give them times. Dan."
Dank to Bates:
"Saturday is fine. Organise him to meet me at the pharmacy. Yes we can book the guys...we will do the guys Sunday…"

Sounds like direct contact and treatment to me.

I think Vlad will be on the warpath tomorrow (today).

I don't know what would be worse. The club deliberately lying, knowing that Dank was involved in the supplement program. Or, the club seriously not being aware that he was involved.

I've got no doubt they didn't know, purchase orders have a habit of signing themselves and I'm sure that dank runs a charity so there's no invoices for services rendered.

Do people think Bates went against the wishes of his board and involved Dank anyway?

I ask because I just can't see how the statement issued by the Club can be reconciled with the revelations on 7.30.

And, as Chief said, they couldn't possibly be so stupid as to deliberately mislead the AFL on such an important issue. Could they?

Do people think Bates went against the wishes of his board and involved Dank anyway?

I ask because I just can't see how the statement issued by the Club can be reconciled with the revelations on 7.30.

And, as Chief said, they couldn't possibly be so stupid as to deliberately mislead the AFL on such an important issue. Could they?

If the club new nothing of him, why instruct staff and players cut contact when the Essendon story broke?

They might not have employed him, but clearly he was a consultant. Like how they point out doc Bates issued prescriptions, guess who's the fall guy.

Stated he had email confirmation from ASADA that everything was ok

leitmotif of dank.

other recurrent theme is the quote "the truth will come out in the end". "the truth will set me free".

heck lets just get back to playing footy. finals better served with the bombers up and about and fletch playing 400 whenever than comes up in the next 18-24 mnths.

he is Robbo with a bachelors in medicine and surgery.

they are all just groupies on the bench who could not make the grade to play at vfl/afl elite level.

The former CEO would be resting easy tonight, certainly more comfortable with his 'forced' retirement.

Strange how both clubs CEO's left just prior to Dank connection surfacing.

Coincidence, but a strange one.

like adrian anderson.

that integrity department was his baby. how did that integrity turn out aa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back