Demons: merger, relegation or relocation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoy bagging out the foundation club of the competition that you enjoy playing in :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Who cares if the Demons are a foundation club! They were a foundation club of the Victorian league, which is now a national league. It was the old Victorian league that decided to screw over the other big state leagues in Western Australia and South Australia through the 70s and 80s.

I have no doubt that the AFL will not be able to sustain 18 teams in the current format and I look forward to rationalisation of Victorian clubs!

And it gets worse!

To make this exercise even more cringeworthy, the OP supports Adelaide. Adelaide, that is. But one must assume he/she only jumped on board the Crows this year, since he/she appears utterly clueless about what happened the last time they played us...

Dhafh.jpg

Aside from the fact that Adelaide is a club making substantial losses, being propped up by large special grants from the AFL.

As threads go, it doesn't get any more embarrassing than this.

Very well said mate. Another part of what makes this thread such a stellar example of self-ownage.

Aside from the fact that we're in as strong shape off the field as we have ever been, we invented this game. There's not the slightest chance of there being an AFL without us in it. Not now, not in the future.

You can say what you want, but there will be no AFL with out at least two South Australian sides. The AFL has a vested interest in keeping South Australian footy alive, particularly considering it was the old VFL that nearly killed the game there. There is no benefit in keeping dead wood clubs like the Demons, Kangaroos, Bulldogs or Saints in there current format. Wake up and smell the grass, you support a club in a over-crowded market. Get ready for change!

as its name suggests...MELBOURNE...it represents the city area. i dont think you can relocate or let a foundation club like that die.

they could become like stgeorge-illawarra. in the NRL. a merger to a larger supporter base.

melbourne-cairns, and that would give the large afl fans and cash flow in fnq a team to support and get some home games?

Who cares if the Demons are a foundation club! They were a foundation club of the Victorian league, which is now a national league. It was the old Victorian league that decided to screw over the other big state leagues in Western Australia and South Australia through the 70s and 80s.

I have no doubt that the AFL will not be able to sustain 18 teams in the current format and I look forward to rationalisation of Victorian clubs!

you are a deadset knob. take your franchise, soulless clubs and gtfo

Put them in to Aus Kick, they couldnt even keep up with VFL they are so bad.

Add to myFootyweb
Ladder After Round 8
POS TEAM P W L D B For Agst % PTS
1 Port Melbourne 8 7 1 0 0 1003 571 175.66 28
2 Casey Scorpions 7 6 1 0 0 654 617 106.00 24
3 Sandringham 6 4 2 0 0 672 538 124.91 16
4 Geelong Cats 6 4 2 0 0 609 555 109.73 16
5 Williamstown 7 4 3 0 0 592 589 100.51 16
6 Werribee Tigers 6 3 3 0 0 628 611 102.78 12
7 Box Hill Hawks 7 3 4 0 0 563 585 96.24 12
8 Coburg Tigers 7 3 4 0 0 607 676 89.79 12
9 Bendigo 6 2 4 0 0 564 661 85.33 8
10 Collingwood 6 2 4 0 0 530 625 84.80 8
11 North Ballarat 7 2 5 0 0 637 792 80.43 8
12 Northern Blues 5 1 4 0 0 420 480 87.50 4
13 Frankston 6 1 5 0 0 385 564 68.26 4

Nice try though.

I'm a bit confused? How does the Casey Scorpions success relate to the Demons ability to perform in the AFL? The Casey Scorpions are just a club that is affiliated with the Demons. They do not carry the loser mentality that the Demons hold! I reckon the current Demons side would struggle in both the SANFL and WAFL... I think my local league (NTFL) would be at their level, but the players would be too soft to handle Darwin's heat.

Add to myFootyweb
Ladder After Round 8
POS TEAM P W L D B For Agst % PTS
1 Port Melbourne 8 7 1 0 0 1003 571 175.66 28
2 Casey Scorpions 7 6 1 0 0 654 617 106.00 24
3 Sandringham 6 4 2 0 0 672 538 124.91 16
4 Geelong Cats 6 4 2 0 0 609 555 109.73 16
5 Williamstown 7 4 3 0 0 592 589 100.51 16
6 Werribee Tigers 6 3 3 0 0 628 611 102.78 12
7 Box Hill Hawks 7 3 4 0 0 563 585 96.24 12
8 Coburg Tigers 7 3 4 0 0 607 676 89.79 12
9 Bendigo 6 2 4 0 0 564 661 85.33 8
10 Collingwood 6 2 4 0 0 530 625 84.80 8
11 North Ballarat 7 2 5 0 0 637 792 80.43 8
12 Northern Blues 5 1 4 0 0 420 480 87.50 4
13 Frankston 6 1 5 0 0 385 564 68.26 4

Nice try though.

I'm a bit confused? How does the Casey Scorpions success relate to the Demons ability to perform in the AFL? The Casey Scorpions are just a club that is affiliated with the Demons. They do not carry the loser mentality that the Demons hold! I reckon the current Demons side would struggle in both the SANFL and WAFL... I think my local league (NTFL) would be at their level, but the players would be too soft to handle Darwin's heat.

I quoted a guy who said we couldn't handle VFL. Half of Casey's players every week are listed with Melbourne. It' not a very difficult thing to grasp. Regarding buzz terms like 'loser mentality' do you honestly think that the players who get dropped to Casey suddenly change their mentality and attitude as soon as they enter that club for the weekend?

Regarding your comments on Darwin. You know we play a game up there every year right?

What a shameful post. ****ing idiot.

But of course, St Kilda could barely get over the top of us a few weeks ago, and were lucky to do so. Also interesting how the Saints are still in debt, unlike us, and have significantly less members than we do.

Also, since we beat Adelaide by 96 points last time out, since we're debt-free, making huge profits, setting membership records, while Adelaide are a loss-making club being propped up by special grants from the AFL, if the OP wants to wipe out clubs, he/she/it should start with her/his/its own.

That'd be a much more likely scenario.

Remarkable how most posters trying to troll us here actually support a club with less money, and less members, and in most cases, less crowd support, than ours.

This weird old episode just gets more painful to watch as it goes on. It's like being called poor by Oliver Twist
iaMh8.gif

PS- Just occurred to me... could Jadr76 be Neckless Helen in disguise? I suspect it's the only logical explanation for this abortion of a thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shameful in what way? Picking on the underpriveleged?
Being so dismissive about a club that started the game itself. The oldest football club in the world. I might cop it from a supporter of another foundation club, but not from an Adelaide fan ffs.

^ Good call! But unfortunately, no, they're not going there. The Dogs got in there first
owd9V.gif

Picking on the underpriveleged?

Who would that be then? The club that increased its membership by 50% in the last 6 years, one of the few AFL clubs in the black, which made profits of $10 million in the last two years - without Tasmanian Government help? :eek:

Some powerful delusion going on here. Has to be the drugs...

N7xKu.jpg

Being so dismissive about a club that started the game itself. The oldest football club in the world. I might cop it from a supporter of another foundation club, but not from an Adelaide fan ffs.

If you started the game all those years ago, you'd think you would actually know how to play the game:rolleyes:

you'd think you would actually know how to play the game:rolleyes:

I hate to do it mate, I really do, but...

W5M6a.jpg

0Ug8Z.jpg

Days since Essendon last beat the Demons:

SPP3F.jpg

We may be shit on the field at this point. But nonetheless, your arse still belongs to us. That has not changed!

So shaddup and take it bitch :D

I hate to do it mate, I really do, but...

W5M6a.jpg

0Ug8Z.jpg

Days since Essendon last beat the Demons:

SPP3F.jpg

We may be shit on the field at this point. But nonetheless, your arse still belongs to us. That has not changed!

So shaddup and take it bitch :D

Well played Sir:D:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Comedy gold! Mate, your own supporters have already voted "yes" to merging with another club, that's how dismissive your own supporters are. If it wasn't for the members of Hawthorn voting against it you'd be the Melbourne Hawks!

Join date 8th of May, 2012, eh? :cool:

Comedy gold!

Yeah, nah.

As reported in the Age at the time, the Dixon-led Demon Alternative was flagging a legal challenge on the basis that 1000 members were unable to cast their ballots amid the chaos at Dallas Brooks Hall. Police were estimating that up to 6000 people were shut out.

http://www.shotgun.com.au/shotgun-ar...otgun-wedding/

7000 who were opposed, excluded from voting. Total of 11,200 of approx. 15,800 members at the time, against it. In other words...

PS- And I can certainly see 'relegation' in the Cats' future.

$10 million in debt - equal-highest amongst all AFL clubs - and so profoundly on the skids off the field that they lose 2000 members even while winning a Premiership!

Again, when a club in Dickensian financial straits tries to call a rich club poor, it doesn't exactly sting very much :D

My first footy club is Norwood, which was founded in 1878. It was the VFL that screwed up the SANFL, thus my club. I have no pity in watching one of the VFA foundation club from dissapearing of the face of this planet!

Remove this Banner Ad

Demons: merger, relegation or relocation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back