Speculation Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we will give him another year but if there is another offer on the table I wouldn't begrudge him to take it.

Maybe he's like a super slowburn ala Liam Jones who didn't really become a decent footballer until his late 20s.

Whilst we would have liked to nail the pick it has historically been our dreaded top 10 number. Mitch Thorp, Beau Dowler now DGB so not really his fault we should have traded the pick. Anyway the good news is for all the oppo clubs who are worried about our fortune here, we seem to be ok for 2nd/3rd tall defenders now with scrimshaw coming on, Will McCabe a high draft pick, Jai Serong has played a few games this year and Battle as an UFA at years end.

Digby Chicken Ceaser still has a bit to prove, but I reckon he just needs a bit more time and he'll come good.

Whilst we would have liked to nail the pick it has historically been our dreaded top 10 number. Mitch Thorp, Beau Dowler now DGB so not really his fault we should have traded the pick. Anyway the good news is for all the oppo clubs who are worried about our fortune here, we seem to be ok for 2nd/3rd tall defenders now with scrimshaw coming on, Will McCabe a high draft pick, Jai Serong has played a few games this year and Battle as an UFA at years end.

He is still young and has been improving each week since coming back from injury. We gave Wingard another year. Surely we can give him one.

I said that a while back in another thread we have no reason to move him on unless he wants our and / or we get a good offer.

The only party in this who is in the "gets a good offer" is Denver himself. Hawthorn will want to sign him as cheaply as possible, if at all.

It's quite unfortunate that key defenders rarely hold their value from draft unless they become genuinely elite and I wouldn't expect that from him this early anyway so it's a tough position to be in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever Phillips is?

Well to start with he is a darn sight better footballer than DGB.

At least Phillips can kick a ball without stubbing and breaking his toe. ;) :tearsofjoy:
So he is a tagger now? We have a better one in Maginness who can't get a game

I have no idea but if he's showing anything at VFL level in his 4th season now surely you find a way to get him in the side. It's not like you're overloaded with immobile tall defenders and can't possibly play him.
He's not replacing Sicily, Frost, Scrimshaw or Weddle.
We've also got McCabe, who will debut shortly.
Plus Serong and Ethan Phillips, who can't get games.
Then Blanck coming off an ACL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back