Recommitted Tom Barrass [OOC 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Define hard. I think I'm correct in saying you've had three first round picks in the past 3 years. That is the average.

You don't have to dump all your experienced players, but there is a full 4-5 year process here that your club is not respecting. Adam Simpson clearly still believes your list is in good enough shape to bounce back up the ladder. This is Clarko on repeat.
yes 3 first rounders in 3 years, but its also 3 in 2 years. 2020 draft was still recovering from the Kelly trade. 3 first roundersin 2 years plus a heap of other picks, some who have looked decent with very limited trade capital isnt a bad effort all things considering.
Sure they could have gone harder trading out guys, but the plan was clear, to use a bunch of the senior guys to keep the team from properly bottoming out while getting a bunch of kids around them, but injuries have ruined that plan clearly

Which part of the rebuild are we missing? lots of draft picks, lots of games into the kids, only other thing other clubs do is dump their coach at first sign of adversity which im not sure is the best play

Define hard. I think I'm correct in saying you've had three first round picks in the past 3 years. That is the average.

You don't have to dump all your experienced players, but there is a full 4-5 year process here that your club is not respecting. Adam Simpson clearly still believes your list is in good enough shape to bounce back up the ladder. This is Clarko on repeat.
You could've just said you've never watched an Adam Simpson press conference and saved yourself from typing out the rest of that drivel.

Is it too much to ask for oppo supporters to do 10 minutes of research before posting about an opposition team like they already know everything?

yes 3 first rounders in 3 years, but its also 3 in 2 years. 2020 draft was still recovering from the Kelly trade. 3 first roundersin 2 years plus a heap of other picks, some who have looked decent with very limited trade capital isnt a bad effort all things considering.
Sure they could have gone harder trading out guys, but the plan was clear, to use a bunch of the senior guys to keep the team from properly bottoming out while getting a bunch of kids around them, but injuries have ruined that plan clearly

Which part of the rebuild are we missing? lots of draft picks, lots of games into the kids, only other thing other clubs do is dump their coach at first sign of adversity which im not sure is the best play

The improvement bit

It's only Carlton and St Kilda who ditch their coach at the first sign of adversity.

Every club should ditch their coach when uncompetitive performances become normal. It's the clearest sign that the coach isn't getting through to the players.

Yes. You're not "improving" because you managed to play competitive football for two weeks.

We are improving because our injury list is shrinking really. Not that surprising that if a team has 20+ player injury list and then have 8 instead that they will play better

Not too sure why that equation is so hard for people

Yes. You're not "improving" because you managed to play competitive football for two weeks.

No but if you watch every minute of every game like most WC supporters on here do but highly unlikely anyone else does (fair enough too) you would know that some of the kids that have now knocked up a few games are starting to look like they can actually play a bit at the level

It's small and it will be inconsistent, but there's more there than what most oppo supporters think there is imo

We are improving because our injury list is shrinking really. Not that surprising that if a team has 20+ player injury list and then have 8 instead that they will play better

Not too sure why that equation is so hard for people
You sure you did all the maths in that equation?

Good thing that Tom Barrass is staying. He'll help shield the back line from getting regular beltings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCE are making a mistake by not convincing him to go

They need all the capital they can get, they may have even snagged a first and a second if Swans make finals

What pick do you think we'd get via a trade and who would you pick?
Sydney's first and maybe their second

(Swans also hold Hawks second and third I believe so some kind of upgrade may have been possible through there)

At your stage you take best available every time, you need talent genuinely everywhere

You're gonna get flogged with Barrass and without him, best to get some talent in the door and start playing them ASAP

(Swans also hold Hawks second and third I believe so some kind of upgrade may have been possible through there)

At your stage you take best available every time, you need talent genuinely everywhere

You're gonna get flogged with Barrass and without him, best to get some talent in the door and start playing them ASAP
Yes but who would you take with the picks on offer? Be specific.

Yes but who would you take with the picks on offer? Be specific.

Already answered

Obviously I don't know who falls to what pick...

Already answered

Obviously I don't know who falls to what pick...
We need to keep some (Good) experienced players to help educate and protect. Now we've had nearly 800 games of experience retire thus far, we'll need him more than ever.

If we move anyone else on, I'd rather it not affect the structure so much. Someone like Sheed for a pick upgrade for example as we take a different direction.

We need to keep some (Good) experienced players to help educate and protect. Now we've had nearly 800 games of experience retire thus far, we'll need him more than ever.

If we move anyone else on, I'd rather it not affect the structure so much. Someone like Sheed for a pick upgrade for example as we take a different direction.
Sheed isn't worth anything

Barass actually gets you something useful

McGovern will lead the backline and Edwards is decent stopgap while bazzo develops

You're gonna lose a tonne anyway, should be accelerating the rebuild

McGovern will lead the backline and Edwards is decent stopgap while bazzo develops

We lose more than we gain by trading Barrass at this stage. Edwards is far from decent at this stage and has a LONG way to go. Bazzo although very raw would still be ahead of Edwards.

Sheed was used as a hypothetical. he'd probably get a 3rd to 2nd round upgrade for us. I'd rather that than trading one of our best at this stage.
Other ways besides this we can buy up the draft too...Maybe also bring in a few free agents as we'd no doubt have a heap of cap room now too. It doesn't all have to be done through the draft per-se.

Perhaps not treating players like commodities, especially ones which have shown loyalty, is better in the long term and helps player retention.

Not losing players in general also seems to help in the long run. How many players have left the current top 4 recently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back