Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I was doing well with my depression over the last couple of months but this week has made me realise I’ve pushed a lot of my “problems “ deep inside me. I had two dreams two nights in a row that made me realise that I no longer have true friends. I dreamt I was playing golf with all my school friends but they ended up not speaking to me and would just play ahead of me like I wasn’t there. I haven’t seen this group of friends for over 8 years now which is probably when my depression really started. The next night I had a dream where I passed a car and in it was a guy that I became really close with in the town I moved to. In my dream I broke down as I told him everything that has happened in my life over the last five years. Then I woke up and realised I haven’t seen this guy in probably 5 years. I am quite a loner but also miss having a mate that I could open up to.

I smoke copious amounts of weed to function normally! If I didn’t have it… you would see a very very different person and not even I want to see her..

It basically blocks my emotions! I can fix every thing with just one spliff.

Some nights I add wine and send myself to bed so I can’t think anymore at all. Life is tough. I get it!

I try and smile as much as I can, even if it is fake 🤷🏼‍♀️

I thought I was doing well with my depression over the last couple of months but this week has made me realise I’ve pushed a lot of my “problems “ deep inside me. I had two dreams two nights in a row that made me realise that I no longer have true friends. I dreamt I was playing golf with all my school friends but they ended up not speaking to me and would just play ahead of me like I wasn’t there. I haven’t seen this group of friends for over 8 years now which is probably when my depression really started. The next night I had a dream where I passed a car and in it was a guy that I became really close with in the town I moved to. In my dream I broke down as I told him everything that has happened in my life over the last five years. Then I woke up and realised I haven’t seen this guy in probably 5 years. I am quite a loner but also miss having a mate that I could open up to.
Just call or text em MP , you’d be surprised at how much they probably need some companionship too . Even if it doesn’t there is no harm in trying but I reckon there is a greater chance that they will appreciate the call
Most of us are in the same boat

I smoke copious amounts of weed to function normally! If I didn’t have it… you would see a very very different person and not even I want to see her..

It basically blocks my emotions! I can fix every thing with just one spliff.

Some nights I add wine and send myself to bed so I can’t think anymore at all. Life is tough. I get it!

I try and smile as much as I can, even if it is fake 🤷🏼‍♀️
One of the best things I ever did was move away from weed and drugs in general.
Couldn’t handle the anxiety and paranoia.

At the peak of mine and my friends drug taking I went overseas for a couple of years and just travelled

Then when I got back and they were doing the same thing it seemed very boring so I moved to a quiet regional town , connecting with nature and am still here 30 years later

One of the best things I ever did was move away from weed and drugs in general.
Couldn’t handle the anxiety and paranoia.

At the peak of mine and my friends drug taking I went overseas for a couple of years and just travelled

Then when I got back and they were doing the same thing it seemed very boring so I moved to a quiet regional town , connecting with nature and am still here 30 years later
Yeah I know. I definitely over indulge. It was actually prescribed for my migraines but I use it more so as a coping mechanism these days. It’s nothing to be proud of but I’m a very high functioning stoner. I’m up every day at 5.30am, I’m a single mum who runs her own business so it’s not like I sit around all day like a dead beat.

I really want to stop tbh but the fear of the anxiety and dealing with the couple days of yuckiness all seems way to hard. (I only get the anxiety when I don’t have it) so I make sure that never happens. But right now, while I’ve got other shit going on in RL it keeps the emotions in check - actually it blocks them. Which is probs not ideal bc Ive bottled for years. I honestly don’t know what it feels like NOT to be stoned bc it become part of my daily routine. 🤷‍♀️

This is a podcast about addiction. It's 2.5 hours but worth people's time

It may help some people think differently about addiction, mental health and anxiety.

Of particular interest to me was the "see-saw" effect of how we experience pleasure and pain, why we come down, and how we can reset how we feel, both in the short and long term. Easier said than done of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

Back