Strategy Depth in 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

So you've got 4-5 examples, at least one of whom is an absolute moron.

If we had a comment for all the isolated stupid posts, we'd be here all day just reading them.

"To all the people who think Myers has the explosive pace of Dangerfield..."

"To all the people who think Ben Howlett isn't best 22..."

"To all the people who think Richmond had the best list management period..."
4-5 people is certainly more than no one like you said.

So you were wrong, he wasn't arguing against no one. Here's some more for you.

Inter: Kavanah, Browne, Hocking sub: NLM
Bench: Browne, Hardingham, Davey
Sub: Browne
INT: Browne - Davis - Jetta (SUB) - Howlett

4-5 people is certainly more than no one like you said.

So you were wrong, he wasn't arguing against no one. Here's some more for you.

I should have been more clear. Browne wasn't really what I was arguing about. He's in the mix for a half back spot. But really, you've got 3 people saying Nobby or Kav should get a gig. It's hardly worth commenting on.

I should have been more clear. Browne wasn't really what I was arguing about. He's in the mix for a half back spot. But really, you've got 3 people saying Nobby or Kav should get a gig. It's hardly worth commenting on.
Fair enough then. There is still a few that have Kav and NOB though, although they are in the minority.

This is a Big IF - But if Winderlich plays a full season he is a lock to be Top in the B and F.

He is a quality player.

haha seriously? i think watson/goddard/zhaka/stans/howlett/hurley/heppell/tbell and possibly afew others will have somehting to say about that

This is a Big IF - But if Winderlich plays a full season he is a lock to be Top in the B and F.

He is a quality player.
top 10? Maybe.

Watson, Zaharakis, Hurley, Stanton, Goddard, Ryder and Heppell are the locks if they play full seasons, and then he'd be competing with Howlett, Dempsey, Crameri, Fletcher, Carlisle and Hibberd for those last spots in the top 10

top 10? Maybe.

Watson, Zaharakis, Hurley, Stanton, Goddard, Ryder and Heppell are the locks if they play full seasons, and then he'd be competing with Howlett, Dempsey, Crameri, Fletcher, Carlisle and Hibberd for those last spots in the top 10

Should read Top 5.

Last time Winderlich played a full season 2009/2010, he was 4th in the B and F.

I can see winderlich playing a similar role to pre midfield zaharakis next season. He has similar attributes is quick, good overhead, good shot on goal and knows how to hit up a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel bad for Winderlich, he missed his prime years in 26 and 27 :(

He would be the slowest player to 100 games we've had since....probably Wallis.

Is there another 100 game player in the league at the moment who's taken ten years to get there?

He would be the slowest player to 100 games we've had since....probably Wallis.

Is there another 100 game player in the league at the moment who's taken ten years to get there?

Slowest I can think of man, it's just mad how long it's taken him.
I really feel for him, he made it though!
Ramanauskis was another, but it was understandable as to why he only played 134 games for us.

Slowest I can think of man, it's just mad how long it's taken him.
I really feel for him, he made it though!
Ramanauskis was another, but it was understandable as to why he only played 134 games for us.
Rama got there pretty quickly, actually - played his 100th in 2004, after debut in 1999. Only really missed games in his first year (99 as a skinny kid, strong side) and 2003 when it first hit. After 2004, he only played another 34, spread over 4 years on & off the list.

Heff took from '97 to 2006 to play his 100th for us (after 3 years at the Dees). He might be a candidate. Few others who played before & after wars, too.

Hitting the scoreboard and the tackles and inside 50s columns on the stat sheet over 18 + games would see Winderlich push the top 5 in the best and fairest. His body isn't reliable enough for him to be considered "important" but his presence in our forward line is second only to Hurley's in terms of its impact.

Considering that the overall effectiveness of our forwardline has generally been pathetic I'd say that Winderlich would be in the top few names selected when fit.

Rama got there pretty quickly, actually - played his 100th in 2004, after debut in 1999. Only really missed games in his first year (99 as a skinny kid, strong side) and 2003 when it first hit. After 2004, he only played another 34, spread over 4 years on & off the list.

Heff took from '97 to 2006 to play his 100th for us (after 3 years at the Dees). He might be a candidate. Few others who played before & after wars, too.

Ahhh thanks mate, thought he only got his 100th in his second last season :)

In regards to the OP - How can you ask the question when we have almost a quarter of the list missing i.e. yet to be drafted. Wait until after Thursday, then we can discuss. Until then, it is purley specualtion as to what depth we will have as we simply don't know.

In regards to the OP - How can you ask the question when we have almost a quarter of the list missing i.e. yet to be drafted. Wait until after Thursday, then we can discuss. Until then, it is purley specualtion as to what depth we will have as we simply don't know.

I think it's perfectly valid to call it now.

Barring the potential recruitment of Jacobs, and the set in stone Joe Daniher (whom we can already discuss as a certainty), I don't think anyone we call out on Thursday is going to be in any reasonable calculations for senior action in 2013.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Depth in 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back