Dessies Father Calls 6PR (Audio)

Remove this Banner Ad

And what's your opinion on sportspeople taking illicit drugs versus people in everyday society doing the same thing ?

It really has nothing to do with the topic at hand. But I feel that if a footy player is found guilty of taking recreational drugs out of season, ie in everyday society, then they deserve the same punishments that a person in everyday society does. If however they're found guilty of taking illicit drugs during season they should be first fined and suspended by their club and if they offend again they should be kicked off the team. I also feel clubs should be able to drug test their own players when they want.

well, back to my point. WHY DIDNT HE JUST BELT HIM THEN? that would come to my mind in the heat of the moment. instead des just played slaps.

Dippers_Mullet said:
In the heat of the moment you can bet your bottom dollar that none of this would have come into Des's calculations. The only thought that would have been running through Des's head would have been to merely settle this bolloxing idiot for what he said about his daughter, that he clearly cares deeply for.

I think he just wanted to remonstrate with him, and a clear cut punch to the face would get a life ban nowdays. Who knows what was going through his head?

Now I understand why Benny was looked after so well by the club.

Oh well it happens anyway, may as well just let him do it it won't affect us :thumbsu:

You obviously can't understand what I'm typing.
Just because you DON'T accept it doesn't mean it will magically go away.

But nice way to get off topic, keep up the good work.:thumbsu:

It really has nothing to do with the topic at hand. But I feel that if a footy player is found guilty of taking recreational drugs out of season, ie in everyday society, then they deserve the same punishments that a person in everyday society does. If however they're found guilty of taking illicit drugs during season they should be first fined and suspended by their club and if they offend again they should be kicked off the team. I also feel clubs should be able to drug test their own players when they want.
No double standard there either,huh.You chose to ignore that I only mentioned illicit drugs,with no mention of when & decided they should be judged by two seperate bodies.

First of all, Des Sr. is an absolute bogan, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that as far as Des Jr. goes, the branch doesn't fall too far from the tree. These are the kind of people who end up in jail. It's called self control guys. Ever heard anyone say, 'just take it with a grain of salt.' If Des Jr was in court for assaulting Selwood, what do you think the judge would say if he said, 'yeh but, he said my 6 year old daughter is a ****!' Headland would get jail time, and Selwood would walk free. Judging by Des Sr.'s reaction though, he'd more than likely be proud of Jr.

Sometimes people say things in life that you don't like. Sometimes people joke about things that shouldn't be joked with... Sometimes, people know that you have a short fuse and deliberately try and wind you up... Self control. Don't get suckered in.

No double standard there either,huh.You chose to ignore that I only mentioned illicit drugs,with no mention of when & decided they should be judged by two seperate bodies.

Umm you asked me what my opinion was and my opinion was that. I'm pretty sure I explained it fairly clearly. Of course there's two different standards, as they are two different situations.

A paragraph taken from the Herald Sun:

Australian Family Association state president Angela Conway urged police to investigate whether criminal charges could be laid against Selwood over the allegations.
"This makes my stomach turn," Ms Conway said, adding children were not fair game for sledging.
"These people are paid to be in the public domain. It's extremely disturbing (if it is true) this guy thinks a six year-old girl is an appropriate target for this type of thing."

Australian Family Association state president Angela Conway urged police to investigate whether criminal charges could be laid against Selwood over the allegations.
"This makes my stomach turn," Ms Conway said, adding children were not fair game for sledging.
"These people are paid to be in the public domain. It's extremely disturbing (if it is true) this guy thinks a six year-old girl is an appropriate target for this type of thing."

Innocent until proven guilty.
Des is 6!:eek:

Question for everyone:

Is what Headland did to Selwood acceptable because of what he said about her daughter?

If yes, do you think Headland should not be suspended?

If yes, Is it acceptable to beat someone on the street who said the same thing about your daughter, and get away with it?

If yes, you are an idiot.

Anyways, IF Selwood said what is alledged (so far its Headland's word only, no one else has heard it, not saying it wasn't said though) do you think he really meant it? Or do you think he just stepped over the line with regards to on-field sledging?

Personally, If Selwood did what he is accused of I believe it was wrong and he should be fined for it. But to call him a pedo is just sick.

This has been blown way out of proportion just because Headland reacted so badly to the comments. Not sure how many other players would have reacted the same way as Des.

For him to think in that manner with regards to sledging is totally SICK and deserves to be called everthing he gets
too bad we've had the derby but don't worry you guys will win the cup because you don't ease up on being the ass***** of footy and as such you'll have the tightest group in AFL by season's end, yep definately YOU against THEM for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF Sellwood said it as alleged then Sellwood is a sad piece of work , Headland stands up for his daughter as his wife , family would expect . If that makes him guilty of a charge and gets him a suspension , so be it . Personally if it is true I think Headland comes out of it better than Sellwood in the public's eyes . Headland Snr should not however have got involved.

Should Headland have left it on the field maybe , but if Sellwood is embarrassed (and one would hope he is , I am sure his mum would be) by it being made public then don't say it .

I find it interesting that Weagles fans talk about the "culture" at Freo yet they can defend someone's 6 yo daughter being called a $lut , grown men dropping the word fu[k every time a microphone gets shoved in their face and players running from Police to avoid breath tests etc . When is enough enough at West Coast ?????

Question for everyone:

Is what Headland did to Selwood acceptable because of what he said about her daughter?

If yes, do you think Headland should not be suspended?

If yes, Is it acceptable to beat someone on the street who said the same thing about your daughter, and get away with it?

If yes, you are an idiot.

So we're idiots just because we don't agree with you? No, you sir, are the idiot.

IF Des is telling the truth and Selwood actually said what was alleged, then yes i think he deserves to get the same time that Headland is going to get on the sidelines. It's one thing to have your own opinion, but to call others idiots if they disagree with you, you're making yourself look ignorant.

This has been blown way out of proportion just because Headland reacted so badly to the comments. Not sure how many other players would have reacted the same way as Des.

Headland has just proved he can't control him self

Family is everything. Violence against women is frowned on in our society.Let alone children.

If Selwood said what he did, bu thought it was the wife, it is still wrong.

Our society has evolved, footballers have to evolve as well.A lots different to the 80's when that sort of thing on the field was acceptable.

No leadership out that way.Their coach said morally and ethically dispicible things to players whilst playing.I assume they thing nothing of this.Angry maybe it got out.

Not fully understanding the full implications of the words uttered.To any Dad they are disgusting.The cultural implications are very real in this, on many levels.

Having read all this i have come to the conclusion that west coast supporters are ****ed in the head. You completely block off all sense of reasoning, logic and morals to defend your players who clearly have no moral sense at all, they abuse players daughters to get an "edge", swear to a national audience and are drug abusers and have links with the criminal underworld! But its all ok cos they are winning and can do and say whatever they like, true? ****ing idiots, i've heard some things said on the sporting fields but that if true is the lowest thing to ever come out of somebodies mouth to another person. I dont have kids but i can imagine the bond a father has with a child, particularly a daughter, is sacred and they would defend anybody breaking it no matter where it was said.

Des is a family man and he did what any self respecting family man would have done in that situation and stuck up for his daughter. Sure there is sledging but **** me, keep family particularly innocent children out of it!

I hope selwood cops it forever on and off the field. He is a disgrace!

If you have children i hope you don't take them to the footy, because you hear worse towards the umpires from people in the crowd than what Brauny said.

Family is everything. Violence against women is frowned on in our society.Let alone children.

If Selwood said what he did, bu thought it was the wife, it is still wrong.

Our society has evolved, footballers have to evolve as well.A lots different to the 80's when that sort of thing on the field was acceptable.

No leadership out that way.Their coach said morally and ethically dispicible things to players whilst playing.I assume they thing nothing of this.Angry maybe it got out.
Not fully understanding the full implications of the words uttered.To any Dad they are disgusting.The cultural implications are very real in this, on many levels.

Brisbane were angels on the field when they were winning the flags :rolleyes:

Don't kid yourself, sunshine, Madison was dragged through this by Selwood's twisted, dirty mind

I have come to the conclusion that you are just trolling for laughs. Stick to Bay 13 where your comical inanities will be appreciated. If you were serious I would be very, very concerned about your sanity. What a sicko you are - lucky you're only having a laugh.

Angela Conway makes my stomach turn. I hope she gets worms.

If you have children i hope you don't take them to the footy, because you hear worse towards the umpires from people in the crowd than what Brauny said.

Agreed Mags.

Haha, you know what would cap this saga off? We need all the big names from the 70s and 80s to come out in the media and say how back in their day, their families copped a hiding, and todays players are just soft. :D

It gunna get real funny if the AFL go soft on him and the Women's groups and child welfare advocates get involved.
Why would they you idiot?

I am a mother of a 6 and 8 year old. If someone said that to me (in the same context ie trying to get a rise out of me on the field) I would have either laughed, said nothing or come back with a spray of my own. (Option c probably more likely as I am mouthy).

The reason I would act in that way is that I know where my kids are and who they are with 24/7. I know it is not true. I can think logically about things as I have some intelligence.

If my son came off the footy field and said someone was saying mean things to him I would tell him to ignore them, they are just trying to put you off your game. I certainly wouldn't tell him that if they are sledging you can go ahead and punch them!

I think Des' behaviour would be more of a concern to mothers. Someone said something mean to Des and he punched them! It must be OK.

Des, Australia says no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dessies Father Calls 6PR (Audio)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back