Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Something to look forward to. Eep.

It's pretty gross. It's not only tough but also easy to get killed by bullshit. After too long I decided to cheese it with a well lock. I'll put the strat I used in a spoiler because the title itself has a spoiler in it. Not a hard one to guess, but still.

Also Esoterickk put up a cheese video that should work for all classes for anyone that might struggle with it. Otherwise I've heard of a lot of hunters just running an invis build.

So general expansion thoughts.

Build crafting feels a little dumbed down and understanding and using armour charges with orbs of power over wells and charged with light has taken a bit of getting used to. I do like the removal of armour affinities because now I don't need to lug around 4-5 sets of gear. Also in game Loadout manager was way overdue. It's so responsive and it's great being able to do quickly on the fly.

I was disappointed in Neomuna a bit. I wanted something that felt a bit more like a city instead of the generic locations we get with just cyberpunk'ish buildings and environment. Saying the population have uploaded themselves into the matrix is a bit of a cop out too. Neomuna hid itself away and survived the Collapse. It would have been nice to see it in a bit more splendor. I also really don't like Nimbis and his cool surfer bro dialogue.

Still only the first week and obviously have the raid and 12 months of content to come but I think it's easy to rate. If Forsaken is S-tier I'd have Witch Queen second, then Lightfall, Beyond Light and Shadowkeep in that order. Curse of Osiris and Warmind are so far back they don't count lol.

So people are shutting all over this expansion hey? Not a great time for me to get the urge to come back 🤣. To be fair there’s a heap of stuff I haven’t done in the last few seasons.

They're shitting on the story which is fair. It's Marvel level of writing and super cringe. I absolutely hate Nimbus and makes me want to side with The Witness.

Build crafting has been dumbed down somewhat but it's playing into the super space wizard fantasy and the builds are probably stronger. In game loadout manager is awesome being able to swap entire builds even during a fight. This will get a lot of use in raids as I'll start running encounter by encounter builds. I think the expansion is mostly solid with exception to the story and Neomuna location. Many of those quitting over the story are likely solo players with no other draw to the game.

Only one pinnacle to go for the week on my warlock but not sure if I'll get around to it. Sitting at 1800-1804 depending on build and loadout. Definitely ready to attempt day one raid next weekend. Have also completely unlocked all of strand on warlock. Now onto my other two characters but not looking forward to the strand grind on them lol.

Lol no. I have stopped the grind on my Titan for now. Think I'm in to 1780s
Just started the regular campaign on my Hunter. Will try and unlock strand on my other characters but not sure I'll go all out for the fragments.

I'm just burning through on normal with my titan and hunter with nearly 1800 weapons from my warlock so they're leveling up really fast. I had every armour exotic minus one or two hunter helmets before so I'll just get the couple new exotics from lost sectors.

Titan strand is absolutely busted. Did the weekly story on 1830 with a couple clan mates running strand titans and they were suspending at will. That final tormentor you fight at the end of the first mission we had suspended 24/7 and one of the guys was actually doing selfie emotes with it lol. The first time we ran it we cruised through despite being 30-35 power levels under we actually missed 100k by 280 points. Had to run it again and revive farm for a bit was it was giving 150 points per revive. I have a tidy warlock strand build that can chain suspend but not to the same extent as titans. Surely Bungie will nerf at least that titan build but strand looks to be the go for GMs.

Also this is now a thing lol

Absolutely powered through normal story on my titan tonight. What a breeze that was compared to legendary. Besides the final [redacted] boss fight the legendary campaign wasn't that that tough. Witch Queen campaign on legend I really struggled at some points but this was a much easier experience. I was kind of hoping all of the strand fragments would be unlocked for subsequent characters similar to how stasis was but that was very disappointing to learn not to be the case once I finished the story on my titan lol. Have started campaign now again on my hunter. I probably won't have time to get any more pinnacles on them this week but as long as I can have campaign completed on all 3 characters I can spend next reset grinding out the strand meditations then be completely set for the expansion.

My Wishender has put in a mountain of work so far. Started off the expansion at around 900 kills on the tracker and now by the time it has got to my third character it has over 3000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night's plan was to start the strand meditation grind on my last two characters after finally finishing the story on all 3. Instead we spent hours playing with strand such as sling shotting each other, grappling onto sparrows like it was wake boarding, grappling in a circle while jumping and seeing how long we could fly around in circles for etc.

So much fun. The clips are all too big to post here, I'll all of ours into one and chuck it on YouTube if I remember.

I'm looking at setting up builds for different light classes since we can now quick change and not just be a thundercrash arc titan.
Means I'm gonna have to grind out some gear.

Just tried to jump on to mess around and the servers are total shit. Keep getting booted back to orbit, server issues message, then no internet (yes I ave good internet) and then due to increased traffic they are throttling. Very annoying.

Reviews rating Lightfall on nothing more than the campaign lol. The campaign was certainly a fizzer after coming from the heights of Witch Queen but as if you can actually review an MMO based off nothing more than the campaign and in the first week before all the content has been released. In these sorts of games you spend half a dozen hours before getting a year's worth of content. Meanwhile on Steam alone it is hitting new peak player numbers. These reviewers should stick to burning through their single player games ASAP to review it just so they can get to the next one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back