Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

How you fellas finding the campaign and gameplay so far?

Anyone keen on the raid? If there's enough keen, I'll hold off for a few days/weeks.
3 missions down. 3rd one was fine but it was the least enjoyable. I’m finding I’m trying to rush through the story instead of actually enjoying the journey. Classic D2 mindset.

I’d give a raid a go but I’m going at such a slow pace I’m not sure when I’d be able to. Maybe a couple hours on a weekend.

How you fellas finding the campaign and gameplay so far?

Anyone keen on the raid? If there's enough keen, I'll hold off for a few days/weeks.
Finding all the mini bosses frustrating. The mechanics of needing to do some long winded side fights just to get to get another damage phase is driving me batty.

Got up to the last fight with the witness last night. Tried for about an hour so on legendary and gave up. Will try again today. Might drop it to normal just do get it done.

The story has been quite good though. Feels like the writing improved. No surfer dude helps a lot with that.

Finding all the mini bosses frustrating. The mechanics of needing to do some long winded side fights just to get to get another damage phase is driving me batty.

Got up to the last fight with the witness last night. Tried for about an hour so on legendary and gave up. Will try again today. Might drop it to normal just do get it done.

The story has been quite good though. Feels like the writing improved. No surfer dude helps a lot with that.

Yeah I hear ya.

Not sure I'll be much help, but I'm 1964 now, so happy to help along with the campaign if anyone is on at the same time. Only done Normal campaign.

Finally finished the main campaign on legendary. Got up to the last phase way too many times.

Now enjoying exploring all the extra stuff to find.

I dunno how people raid for that long. I guess there is some rep for your twitch streaming if you are first?

Last edited:
Finally finished the main campaignon legendary. Got up to the last phase way too many times.

Now enjoying exploring all the extra stuff to find.

I dunno how people raid for that long. I guess there is some rep for your twitch streaming if you are first?

Sheer willpower lol. When I did contest RoN it was easily 20+ hours split over two sittings. The second was like 14 or 15 hours straight and I was absolutely spent by the end.

Sheer willpower lol. When I did contest RoN it was easily 20+ hours split over two sittings. The second was like 14 or 15 hours straight and I was absolutely spent by the end.
Good lord.
Everything must have hurt after that

Sounds like it's been done. Just a little over Last Wish. Very mechanic heavy. Can see it being as toxic and elitist as that raid was.

None of the main streamers got it.

Can launch a 12 player activity now for it.

No surprise it was very End Game-esque got massive vibes from that from the campaign

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just watched the post raid cut scene. I feel like it's over now and no more pull back to game. The seasons for this expansion would feel like filler IMO and that raid should have been left for the final season. Comparing it to WoW, the Ice Crown Citadel raid wasn't until the final patch of the WotLK expansion and it was a full stop on the story we were following since the WC3 days. Destiny feels like it has that full stop now. A "power vacuum" Bungie say which future content will be built around. Again, as a WoW veteran, the following big bads like Deathwing didn't hit the same way. It's baddie of the week. Xivu Arath should have been dealt with already or IMO should have been the first raid of Final Shape.

OMG that wasn’t even the last bit😬. Might be time for normal mode

I'm a wuss, tried a bit of the first and went back to Normal.

Are you playing it solo?

Ugh I gave it a go last night. Such a bitch to finish all 3 in a row.
It's a timed activity for the duo as well?
Seems harsh to make people spend all that time to start it just to give them a time limit

Hit the powerful cap and at 2000 now, but I don't remember pinnacles being hid behind so much of the LFG content.

Add to the fact with dungeons as well, that the price for keys in the long run is probably ok value, but hiding content behind an additional 30 buck outlay upfront on the DLC itself is pretty rough IMO.

Hard to find anyone in Aus at the same time I'm on, and most of the other Discord LFG are overseas so the time difference doesn't work out.

Would be fine with most of the above, but they recycle a tonne of content that unless you're an uber addicted no life player - ain't enough value in the long run.

Wait to see how the remaining episodes go, but think I enjoyed combination of Witch Queen/Lightfall more (although I jumped back in a month before launch of Final Shape)

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back