Multiplat Destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone lend me a couple of dot points on how one would get from light level 310 to 335?

Just keep playing IB and wait for drops?
Vanguard/faction level ups seem to be the most reliable way to get to 330, so Strike Playlist is probably one of the better options until you get near 330 (as rewards from the vendors don't go past there). Other than that, Court of Oryx for high-light artifacts/class items and Challenge of the Elders for high-light Ghosts, and of course Raid/IB/Nightfall etc.

Vanguard/faction level ups seem to be the most reliable way to get to 330, so Strike Playlist is probably one of the better options until you get near 330 (as rewards from the vendors don't go past there). Other than that, Court of Oryx for high-light artifacts/class items and Challenge of the Elders for high-light Ghosts, and of course Raid/IB/Nightfall etc.

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Can anyone lend me a couple of dot points on how one would get from light level 310 to 335?

Just keep playing IB and wait for drops?

Is infusing still a thing?
Iron banner, Challenge of Elders, Raid, Court of
Oryx tier 3 bosses for high level artifacts

So I'm a 335 artifact away from reaching 335 light level on my Warlock. Just haven't found the time to do the court of oryx. If anyone wants to lend a hand later this week (not tonight - school council meeting and I'm a bit burned out from playing IB) that would be much appreciated.

Speaking of IB, I played 50 IB matches on my Warlock this week (won't be able to play any before it finishes later today) for 19 wins and 31 losses (including a streak of 10 losses in a row). It's bloody hard to win an IB match as a solo.

Bungie seemed to love putting me into Bannerfall - played nine games out of 50 on that map. You'd think I'd learn how to play that map having played it so often, but it was my second-worst map from a personal standpoint in terms of k/d ratio (0.84 k/d as opposed to my overall 1.01 k/d ratio for IB this time), but I was the victor six matches from nine; Frontier was my worst map in terms of k/d ratio - 0.73 k/d.

I normally hate Shores of Time, but I played it four times and had a k/d ratio of 1.49 which was easily my best this IB. The two Mars maps I played this IB (Pantheon and Black Shield) weren't too bad personally, as I had a k/d ratio of 1.15 on the two maps combined. I also seemed to enjoy Exodus Blue (five matches played, two won, overall k/d of 1.25 - the B flag and the C flag are good places to rack up kill streaks).

It seemed like Bungie restricted the maps in rotation for this IB to:

• Twilight Gap;
  • Bannerfall;
  • Exodus Blue;
  • Frontier;
  • Pantheon;
  • Black Shield;
  • Shores of Time;
  • Vertigo; and
  • The Dungeons.
I also played two matches on Widow's Court and one match on Rusted Lands.

Fortunately Bungie wisely removed Sector 618 from the rotation - I don't mind it for Clash, but for Control it's really a bad map.

I haven't played any crucible matches on Memento for three months and on Thieve's Den for about that long. I only seem to play Crossroads on mayhem clash and Cathedral of Dusk on Rift.

Post-match drops were pretty poor this IB for me. I had two Nirwen's Mercy pulse rifles drop and two Weyloran March sniper rifles drop, from memory. Had a stack of armour drop for me, but the weapons were few and far between.

Sector 618 is just a bad map for 6v6, I don't mind it for Skirmish on the odd occasion that I play it. It's bad in Clash, Control and Rift. Xbox owners should worry it will be added to their rotations in a few months you would think.

Was a lot of Twilight Gap this week for IB for me, that and Exodus Blue. I have no idea why they don't use Burning Shrine more in Control, it seems to be Trials exclusive at this point given its rarity.

Sector 618 is just a bad map for 6v6, I don't mind it for Skirmish on the odd occasion that I play it. It's bad in Clash, Control and Rift. Xbox owners should worry it will be added to their rotations in a few months you would think.

Was a lot of Twilight Gap this week for IB for me, that and Exodus Blue. I have no idea why they don't use Burning Shrine more in Control, it seems to be Trials exclusive at this point given its rarity.

tumblr_oawnzyfGwb1rwd646o1_540.jpg

Taken king is $29 on Xbox live. You guys Reckon I should get it now or wait until the new one comes out?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Taken king is $29 on Xbox live. You guys Reckon I should get it now or wait until the new one comes out?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You have about 2 months to level up to the max light level if you start now. I don't think you'd want to play catch-up when RoI comes out.

Buy it now.

Unfortunately, I'm not an XB1 guy so I can't help you.

New PVP mode appears to be called "Supremacy".

GS1QKRI.jpg

New artifacts will be introduced into RoI which are class-agnostic and which connect to each of the eight deceased Iron Lords (eg., Felwinter, Jolder or Skorri).

There will be a new NPC (Tyra Karn) who sends players out into the Plaguelands looking to commit mighty deeds. Karn rewards the player with an item called the Iron Lords' Legacy, which can be exchanged for one of three artifacts Karn is selling during the week. Each artifact has an unique ability linked to it, eg. you can melee enemy units and gain their allegiance for a short period; another eliminates your super but gives you two grenades, two melees and a stats boost, the Jolder artifact eliminates the sprint cooldown.

Skorri - accelerates supers for nearby allies;
Timur - melee turns PVE enemies into allies for 30 seconds
Radegast - new ability for heavy swords to reflect enemy projectiles
Perun - PVP guardians with full supers are highlighted yellow; low health guardians highlighted red;
Jolder - eliminates sprint cooldown;
Felwinter - lose your super for extra grenade and melee and stats boost; orbs recharge melee and grenade (hello nightstalker)
Gheleon - always have detailed radar
Silimar - reduces DoT effects greatly

Co32ZOZUMAITims.jpg:large

Bungie is also bringing back Thorn for year 3, but an artifact will negate the DoT effect.

Light level stays at light level 40, but light value increases from 335 to 385 and then to 400 when the hard mode raid is released. There will be new rare, legendary and exotic gear.

Everyone gets an ROI record book to track progress through the entirety of the expansion. It has discrete tasks to be completed and completing any task adds to overall completion percentage. Reach a designated completion point and you unlock armour, emblems "and more".

There will be new weapons for Iron Banner, Trials, the new raid and the new Archon's Forge arena event.

Although you won't be able to change your character's appearance, with ROI you will be able to customise your armour pieces and to change the appearance of exotic weapons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the Supremacy crucible game mode is a variant of CoD's "kill confirmed" game mode. It appears that once you kill an opponent you have to collect that player's crest to gain points.

It would be very tempting for a fireteam to use their downed fireteam member's crest as bait to farm their k/d.

That new mode is going to replace Rift as sweaty KD farmers game mode of choice to boost their KD.

It will probably be fun for a week or so until that farming sets in though.

Also f*ck Thorn. Bad Bungie.

There'll be changes to Iron Banner after RoI is released. There will be four new maps (albeit one is a PS4-exclusive). Less rep is needed to reach rank 5 and there will be no tempered. Your gear will not give you extra rep bonuses. Each IB bounty completed rewards the player with an IB weapon or armour piece.

Here's an example of an IB weapon that will become available:

VeI_P_YsJcMLAch1KDSF-1bXzoLo0nb_tPa8Jo_qp6-jBHaMxkAv4TR1-jjGIGoE7sjjkpEzyaaMHZMnrb5zmvgwOpgMoZl1QmJdaK53ng_gN5XWGoHlw-EbFxN41DDt-vnFlnew

It also appears that the highest score component of the weekly bounty will be removed.

More generally, Sepiks Prime from the Devil's Lair strike will be back, as Sepiks Perfected (there's a screenshot of the mission floating on Twitter somewhere).

In order to open up the new social space, first you must reclaim it from the SIVA.

Each artifact lights a torch in the social space, with the theory that Saladin is passing the torch onto us and closing the door on the fallen comrades (note that there is no artifact discussed for Efrideet, and there's a chance that Efrideet remains alive).

In strikes and the NF, guardians will have an opportunity to earn a 'skeleton key', which can be used to open a 'strike hoard' chest. These chests become available at the end of any strike and reward strike-unique weapons or armour.

The venerable Khvostov auto rifle is brought back as an exotic with some truly epic perks, one of which is that you're capable of changing the auto rifle to a pulse rifle or to a scout rifle (not hand cannons, I'm afraid). Hammer forged, rifled barrel, braced frame, extended mag, counterbalance, rangefinder and being able to set the firing behaviour (rounds per minute - one setting increases range; the other setting increases stability) are the other available perks.

Bungie claims that the RoI expansion started out to be like House of Wolves but they ended up making it bigger. There have been five campaign story missions confirmed, plus side missions and quests (exact numbers remain unconfirmed). The PlagueLands is the latest patrol area, and which will also incorporate the Archon's Forge PVE arena.

The Warlock master race finally get some exotic boots, there will be an exotic sidearm that is reminiscent of Robocop's gun, a pulse rifle that "blossoms out a cloud of seeking energy from a successful precision kill", plus Thorn and Gjallarhorn.

There'll be changes to Iron Banner after RoI is released. There will be four new maps (albeit one is a PS4-exclusive). Less rep is needed to reach rank 5 and there will be no tempered. Your gear will not give you extra rep bonuses. Each IB bounty completed rewards the player with an IB weapon or armour piece.

By removing the tempering they'll want to have dramatically reduced the total rep needed. Because they may have inadvertently increased the time required for max rank. Like when they deduced the rep needed but halved the amount of daily IB bounties in Y2.

It also appears that the highest score component of the weekly bounty will be removed.

Good on Bungie for removing one of the few challenges that required a bit of skill :rolleyes:. If you can't top score over the course of a week you didn't deserve that bounty.

Good on Bungie for removing one of the few challenges that required a bit of skill :rolleyes:. If you can't top score over the course of a week you didn't deserve that bounty.

Yeah may as well piss the entire bounty off as everything else was a piece of piss by comparison. Just like the Nightfall restarting from the last checkpoint and not going to orbit anymore.

Im guessing we'll probably see a Mercury visit no longer requiring flawless in Trials...

I love a leg up as much as the next person, but half the enjoyment comes from the satisfaction of completing something difficult.

for anybody, like me, who isn't going to shell out coin to subscribe to GI, they released a podcast today which is free through iTunes or the usual channels; and I've listened to a bit so far and it's pretty darn interesting.

Search for "The Game Informer Show"

For anybody, like me, who is too lazy to even do that, can you give a summary of anything noteworthy? Please don't make me venture to reddit

For anybody, like me, who is too lazy to even do that, can you give a summary of anything noteworthy? Please don't make me venture to reddit
hahaha I'll provide some cliffs when I listen to the rest of it.

So far:

• No major "system" changes - so impressed that infusion, weapon level up etc remain
  • It's all about content instead
  • Whilst there's no new subclass to level up etc, there's still a hell of a lot to do
  • Started out planned as HoW size. Ballooned enormously. Much bigger
  • Is it TTK size? Probably not quite, but that's probably more due to no new subclass, new systems etc
  • GI guys were there few 3-4 days and didn't come close to getting through everything

There's a fair bit in here, and I'm going to spoiler tag it in case people just don't want to know. No genuine spoilers, but still.

General game:
  • Not as funny as TTK
  • Ghost hams it up a bit more with no Cayde 6. They aren't sure it completely works, but given focus is on us not characters they recognise you need a large supporting cast and can't rely on Cayde 6
  • Previous expansions have been "enemy focused" - this isn't so much; whilst it has a strong emphasis on Taken and SIVA it's really about the Iron Lords and your journey to being one and getting the order re-established. I think you're referred to in-game as "the Young Wolf" a la Jon Snow
  • There are fragments similar to TTK to collect
  • There are more hidden ghosts of course
  • Mimic chests: poison chests that give you something nasty to worry about instead of something good
  • New area starts out as familiar, a la Cosmodrome, but as you go deeper in and towards the Fallen fortress it all gets a lot more weird
  • Story is probably short, and the actual story-telling isn't really a step up from TTK
  • Artifacts are going to be awesome, but they didn't seem to think they'd be particularly game-breaking in any way
  • Class items with shaders were a hit

Archon's Forge:

• Fair to describe it as a mix between CoO and PoE
  • Encounters are longer, about 5 minutes
  • Varying difficulty
  • A sort of horde mode - enemies come in waves
  • Arena is more PoE size than CoO
  • Still co-operative beyond your fireteam.
  • Chunkier, more in-depth engagements than CoO

Strikes:
  • One new strike
  • Plays with the concept of variable play through, which is new. IE, you will get different encounters on different playthrough. Different doors will open leading to different fights
  • The re-done strikes are much more robustly redone. Completely new dialogue. A reason for why we're "going back" to these places
  • Re-done strikes are Phogoth and Devil's Lair. Sounded pretty impressed with them

Raid:
  • Sounds ****ing awesome frankly
  • Thematically, it's about "collision"
  • Unlike previous raids, there is a fair bit of outdoor action in this, and you can see the area from other parts of the Plaguelands
  • They failed miserably in the run through they had of various encounters, as it was quite hard
  • Apparently the encounters are a lot of fun - the Death Zamboni was regarded as the most fun engagement one of the hardcore Destiny guys has had
Crucible:
  • They really liked the new mode. They liked how you can play support, so if you're not so great at shooting you can collect the crests and do other stuff
Iron Banner:
  • Big changes, some of which have been revealed, but are quite major and an important part, thematically
  • It's more accessible without losing focus on what works
  • Regarding the Temper buff (The Big Sauce ) they think you'll actually hit level 5 earlier than you would have previously, but that you'll keep playing for the cool rewards
  • Very cool that you can wear whatever gear and shaders
Social space:
  • Wolves very cool. Can't be petted
Armour:
  • Apparently very cool. Buy the damn mag to find out more apparently
Record Book:
  • Works really well to show you what you should be focusing on
  • You constantly get rewards (armour, guns, shaders etc) for completing each say 10% of stuff
Ornaments:
  • They do change the geometry, so a fundamental aesthetic change. Applies to each piece so you collect ornaments.
  • Also ones that apply specifically to exotic weapons - he could change his Monte Carlo colour for eg

Major hype tho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back