Speculation Deven Robertson [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

There are 3-4 Melbourne clubs that will enquire and probably WCE. I think he will surprise a few people here if he can get some continuity in a lesser side.

reckon WC can get two decentish youngish mids who can't establish themselves in better teams for an f3 & f4 in Jack Carroll and Robertson.

would be an immediate upgrade in squad quality
Solid call. Young but not entirely raw mids around that 25-50 game mark who aren't getting a go in finals teams, but who still have a lot of scope for improvement. Add a elite potential mid at 3, and Baker for experience and utility, and that's a solid off-season. If they can do all of the above for Barrass and some late future picks then power to them

Be surprised if WC weren't planning something re DR.
They are and see him potentially doing at WC what Ben Keays has done at Crows since moving there from Lions.

With Dev the problem isn't him or his potential, its he's at the wrong club at wrong time. With Levi Ashcroft about to arrive at Lions, the only chance he plays senior footy at Lions in 2025 is if they have big injury problems. Hence why he's going and rumour is deal was done months ago.

reckon WC can get two decentish youngish mids who can't establish themselves in better teams for an f3 & f4 in Jack Carroll and Robertson.

Jack Carroll? Decentish??

Spare me

Really doesnt make any sense for him to stay any longer with Lohman Fletcher Ashcroft in the team and Ashcroft 2.0 and Marshal coming this year the Lions will have so many players in the midfield and enough depth back & foward

Eagles should get a bargain here if he goes back home

A lot of Eagles supporters struggle with this concept somehow. The pillars at either end are there for now with the high pick talents. Now find some quality role players and make the bottom 8 players of the best 22 a lot better quality while we wait for the development. Lifting the basement should be a pretty easy task.

Go get a couple of young mids that will step straight into the best 22. Play with their all and can stick a tackle.

Dev definitely will and probably Carroll. Ideally it’s Riley Garcia if he leaves and wants opportunity in the guts. not sure how he gets that at the Power where he’s been linked and some how Peatling leaves and picks us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played 16 games at VFL level this season, on top of his 2 at AFL level.

I’m not sure it’s controversial to suggest he was up against it to cement a senior spot. It’s exactly what has transpired.

That’s not what you’re saying though…it’s a disingenuous way of characterising the point you tried to make.

Elixuh is 💯 correct

He might’ve, could’ve, perhaps should’ve cemented a spot…but he didn’t.

The reasons why aren’t particularly relevant.

The previous year? 16 games out of 26, with a third of them sub affected.

Perhaps we have different definitions of “cementing a spot”.

I understand everything.

You say he established himself. I think most would suggest otherwise.

Why? Who knows. Perhaps you think talking him up might increase his value, but we’re on a footy forum, not the negotiating table.

Don’t get salty…just address the clear point you’re avoiding: his season was derailed by injuries that no one could have predicted

He's contracted for next year the club would deman a late 1st/early 2nd.

Embarrassed Oh No GIF by Paramount Network

the naked gun facepalm GIF

Star Trek Reaction GIF

That’s not what you’re saying though…it’s a disingenuous way of characterising the point you tried to make.

Elixuh is 💯 correct

I think I’m in a perfect position to know what I’m saying. Thank you.

Don’t get salty…just address the clear point you’re avoiding: his season was derailed by injuries that no one could have predicted

Who is “salty”? I have no skin in the game nor any emotional investment in the player.

Robertson played 16 games last season out of a possible 26. In 5 of them he was either subbed on or off.

21 players at the Lions played more than him.

Whether it be injury, form, or any other reason under the sun, he didn’t cement his spot in the senior side last year, or this year for that matter.

I commend his decision to stay at the end of last year to fight for his spot. It’s admirable that he didn’t take the easy way out.

But it hasn’t worked for him and there’s an argument to be made that it’ll be more difficult again for him next year.

If the Eagles are keen - and they should be - then he should leave this time IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Deven Robertson [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back