Traded Devon Smith [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, I wouldn't take 28 or future 2nd for Smith if I was GWS but you've got to dare to dream. I'd say he's worth pick 17-22 sort of range or a 2018 first round pick with a 2018 2nd rounder coming back to Essendon - is that about the range you see it?
Pretty much.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Would be a ballsy play for Essendon seeing as I think we're a big chance to go backwards but what if we swap 2018 first and second rounders with GWS?

Essendon's 2018 first rounder for GWS's 2018 second rounder? Or do you mean both picks in both directions? The latter doesn't seem to get much value in the most likely case (Essendon has a similar level of success) and is bordering playing the pokies depending on injuries, draw, etc.

Essendon's 2018 first rounder for GWS's 2018 second rounder? Or do you mean both picks in both directions? The latter doesn't seem to get much value in the most likely case (Essendon has a similar level of success) and is bordering playing the pokies depending on injuries, draw, etc.

The latter. I know what you mean but I just want to see a side do it and back themselves in.

Even if its not even for a player. Like what if Brisbane and GC just did the swap.

I'm hoping for something like:

11 for Smith and 23
23 and 28 for Saad and 19
19 for Stringer

Or

11 for Stringer and 26
26 and 28 for Saad and 19
19 for Smith

11 for Smith and 23
19 for Stringer

Or

11 for Stringer and 26
19 for Smith

No deal on those.

11 for Smith and 23
19 for Stringer

Or

11 for Stringer and 26
19 for Smith

With either of those Saad deals will there be any clubs other than the Suns involved in the second round of the draft?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

With either of those Saad deals will there be any clubs other than the Suns involved in the second round of the draft?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well GWS or Bulldogs for one, considering we're on trading that pick to one of them :p.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The latter. I know what you mean but I just want to see a side do it and back themselves in.

Even if its not even for a player. Like what if Brisbane and GC just did the swap.

When Fremantle were chasing Hogan I wondered if Freo's 2017 and 2018 1sts for Hogan and Melbournes 2018 1st round pick would be fair, and I hope Hogan would push us up the ladder.

Trading future 1st is very risky.

Bad timing right when GWS stop giving away freebies, guessing they thought they'd be a better position about now and the Whitfield punishment means they'll turn the screw more than previously. Give me a choice of Steele or Smith, I'd take Jack and he went for a future 2nd.

I can see us getting screwed here because Essendon are the kid playing Monopoly and buying everything they land on. Not sure whether they still do mediation meetings but when a guy on $500k+ under the old CBA is leaving because he wants a pay rise this has a be a factor in determing trade value. If 26 is the only thing available I'd start asking about someone like Colyer and Essendon paying his wage.

Did GWS hurt their trade position by going with yesterday's man Stevie J in the finals?
In what way? The mail is that Devon Smith's knee hadn't fully recovered (not saying that Stevie's knees were great though!). It would have hurt his trade value more to play him and have a stinker and get injured! At least Stevie J's stinker didn't harm his value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Devon Smith [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back