PC Diablo III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Diablo I, Diablo II........Diablo III?

The whole time all you knew was Q4 2011 as well.

You're an idiot.

Chickawah got it spot on

Mate, everyone in the world knew that if its coming in 2011, its coming late

I was just ****ing around with ya. As if a manager of a Video Games store would have "super privvy inside info" on a Blizzard release date. i bet they don't even have a date for it

I do get some inside info that others don't (like Ross showing me some stuff about the AFL game, (cheers again)

Not that you can respond with your red card and all :D

How has this thread not got more posts in it? :eek:

Completely agree. :thumbsu:

To restart discussion:

They've completely changed the rune system up, now there's only 5 different runes (at 7 differing levels of quality/rarity each) that are now 'inserted' into skills, not weapons/armour. This means that characters will not only vary in skills, but also the skill types of skills!

Also, once a rune is socketed in a skill, it can freely be taken out and replaced with another. (probably only once back in town)

e.g. For the Hydra Skill:

- Alabaster rune: Turns the Hydra purple and the damage type to Arcane.
- Crimson rune: Turns the Hydra blue and the damage type to a short-range chilling frost spray.
- Golden rune: Creates a giant hydra that deals higher damage via area of effect Firewalls.
- Indigo rune: Turns the hydra blue and the projectiles to lightning balls that never miss.
- Obsidian rune: Turns the hydra green and the damage to a splashing poison acid.

A full write-up: http://www.diablowiki.net/Rune

How has this thread not got more posts in it? :eek:

b/c it is still probably at least 12 months away from being released. Once Blizzard announce a release date the fans will surface and take up the cause... until then we're just busy thrashing out other games. :p

Whilst I agree with your posts, I'd still have thought there'd be more excitement around this. Given the webiste has artwork up, and a gameplay vid etc. (assuming its not DII artwork, its been a while)

Carry on then. :cool:

edit: Nope, pretty sure it's DIII

Whilst I agree with your posts, I'd still have thought there'd be more excitement around this. Given the webiste has artwork up, and a gameplay vid etc. (assuming its not DII artwork, its been a while)

Carry on then. :cool:

edit: Nope, pretty sure it's DIII

Yeah I check out the artwork updates... but I don't think it is a topic that is BF post worthy. :)

But they released the "Demon Hunter" class info and video a couple months back and made me go all BIG KEV (RIP). My favourite DII class was the assassin (great combo of either melee or ranged DPS with various elemental options... plus the best npc/pet/clone in the game).

wtb duped soj and wf! still remember all the hacked ITH blades, white rings and hex charms from D2 destroying pvp. pkpkpkpkpkpkpk!!!!!

d3 will kill many social lives like its predecessors.

wtb duped soj and wf! still remember all the hacked ITH blades, white rings and hex charms from D2 destroying pvp. pkpkpkpkpkpkpk!!!!!

d3 will kill many social lives like its predecessors.

haha is diablo your second language?

Blizz just released another gameplay trailer... for NPC companions.

At work ATM and can't grab the link but they look impressive (a step up from D2). They appear to be more functional... a better tank to help casters or better ranged to support melee.

PS - I still miss my Shadow Assassin. :(

It'll be good for followers to have an actual story and not just be mostly silent companion who has no real back-story. Although will be tough to beat a frost iron wolf or holy freeze desert mercenary..

I'm just worried the game won't feel like Diablo, it just looks almost too smooth and over-saturated or something.. I guess we'll see when we play it.

No penalty for followers dying? Bleh...

Sick of the constant hand holding in games these days, you should be desperate not to have your follower die. It adds an element of urgency and excitement, forces the player to be more strategic in terms of managing themselves and the follower. Instead all you get is an invulnerable ally to nurse you along the whole game. What's the point?

It's a big thing that's turning me of L.A Noire. Where's the challenge? It sounds like a 3 year old could finish L.A Noire if he bashed the buttons enough times. Same thing for DE:HR and it's ****ing regenerating health*... what's with the constant need to baby gamers?

*Now I obviously know the original DE had regenerating health, but it was something you had to earn, something that legitimately fitted into the game. It wasn't something that was just dished up to you on a platter, nor was there no cost of using it. Judging by the game footage of the new DE it'll be harder to die than stay alive, hide behind a box for 5 seconds and you're ready to absorb another 50 bullets.

Sick of the constant hand holding in games these days, you should be desperate not to have your follower die. It adds an element of urgency and excitement, forces the player to be more strategic in terms of managing themselves and the follower. Instead all you get is an invulnerable ally to nurse you along the whole game. What's the point?

It's a big thing that's turning me of L.A Noire. Where's the challenge? It sounds like a 3 year old could finish L.A Noire if he bashed the buttons enough times. Same thing for DE:HR and it's ****ing regenerating health*... what's with the constant need to baby gamers?

*Now I obviously know the original DE had regenerating health, but it was something you had to earn, something that legitimately fitted into the game. It wasn't something that was just dished up to you on a platter, nor was there no cost of using it. Judging by the game footage of the new DE it'll be harder to die than stay alive, hide behind a box for 5 seconds and you're ready to absorb another 50 bullets.

Followers are only available in single player, on normal difficulty. I wouldn't worry too much about what they do or don't do, after the 1st week you'll never see one ever again if you are a full on diablo player.

You want a challenge, play hardcore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Followers are only available in single player, on normal difficulty. I wouldn't worry too much about what they do or don't do, after the 1st week you'll never see one ever again if you are a full on diablo player.

Yeah... this is what I enjoyed about D2. Sure you could run Normal (and even Nightmare) modes as much as you wanted too without much of a challange.

However, once you hit hardcore with mobs hitting harder and more frustratingly having more resistances/immunities... it was more of a challenge. All of a sudden you 2 cookie cutter mob splattering skills you had specced into did SFA against certain mobs.

I just hope they keep the levels as being somewhat randomly generated.

Didn't know this, cheers :thumbsu: Makes my rant seem a little silly!

Was just down at EB games and preordered a copy. Take this for what it's worth as it is unofficial, but we're looking at a December 7 release date in aus. Game is finished and packs are currently about to commence production.

Was just down at EB games and preordered a copy. Take this for what it's worth as it is unofficial, but we're looking at a December 7 release date in aus. Game is finished and packs are currently about to commence production.

Blizzard already confirmed it for early next year. So yeah, the game isn't finished at all. I thought that would have been obvious considering the beta is still in progress!

Did the store tell you that, or did you hear December 7 from else where. I have heard December 7 from some sources (not from EB sources)

Blizzard already confirmed it for early next year. So yeah, the game isn't finished at all. I thought that would have been obvious considering the beta is still in progress!

But i then saw Blizzard's presser that said they dearly wanted it to release it this year, its just not quite right and they want to make it as early as possible next year

If people are super keen on gettting a collectors pack, i'd recommend ordering it asap. With SC 2, only people that ordered it prior to the announcement of release date and collectors pack got one. And even then, people missed out. And Diablo 3 has a ton more orders at this stage than SC 2 did

Did the store tell you that, or did you hear December 7 from else where. I have heard December 7 from some sources (not from EB sources)

But i then saw Blizzard's presser that said they dearly wanted it to release it this year, its just not quite right and they want to make it as early as possible next year

If people are super keen on gettting a collectors pack, i'd recommend ordering it asap. With SC 2, only people that ordered it prior to the announcement of release date and collectors pack got one. And even then, people missed out. And Diablo 3 has a ton more orders at this stage than SC 2 did

Well, I'd love to be wrong for what its worth.

As for the bolded, well that's kind of interesting...

Have you met Mr. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls?

Was EB that told me. Like I said, take it for what it's worth. If it's out by December 7, fantastic, if I have to wait until next year so be it. One interesting point is that if you check the expiry date of the Beta, it's the 5th of December.

Was EB that told me. Like I said, take it for what it's worth. If it's out by December 7, fantastic, if I have to wait until next year so be it. One interesting point is that if you check the expiry date of the Beta, it's the 5th of December.

Interesting. Which store was it? I have my suspicions on who told you, as i had a chat to a few managers at a meeting and they mentioned December 7, being Blizzard fan boys, i thought they'd have an idea

But Blizzard have already said that it will be early next year now. Blizzcon is in 2 weeks, i reckon we'll find out more then

Surprised this isnt being talked up a lot more on here. Have they waited to long to release 3?

Yeah same here. Surely once a release date is set in concrete and we get closer to the date the hype will escalate a far bit. Also, the thing with the beta is that it's extremely limited and you can only talk about the same level so much before it gets stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back