PC Diablo III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Diablo I, Diablo II........Diablo III?

Am super excited. Those of my mates who work full time (most of them) are planning on taking a week off work for it, when it comes out.

However, I'm making sure I don't read / watch too many previews of it, as for me, I would like a completely new experience and have to learn things on the fly.

Am super excited. Those of my mates who work full time (most of them) are planning on taking a week off work for it, when it comes out.

However, I'm making sure I don't read / watch too many previews of it, as for me, I would like a completely new experience and have to learn things on the fly.

This was us a year or two ago. Now...meh

Gameplay vids looks sadly linear so far....

Methinks I'll jus save my cash when they decide to release it unless it looks to change quite a bit from what I've seen.

What difference is $80 going to do?

$80 doesnt get you much these days. A few months worth of entertainment for $80 is probably the best thing I can think of spending $80 on?

What difference is $80 going to do?

$80 doesnt get you much these days. A few months worth of entertainment for $80 is probably the best thing I can think of spending $80 on?
A game I will enjoy more? :p

Uni student who has cycling as a main hobby doesn't have too much more money to throw around lol

Looks like the release is being held up by the Real Money Auction House (and the looting aspect of the game bordering on gambling) trying to be cleared by committees around the world, in particular Korea.

Blizzard want D3 to be:
- region free
- global release
- and contain the RMAH
(obviously so they can cash in)

Look it would be cool to make a bit of $ from playing, but if it delays the game too long it could hurt their rep.

Hi Kaysee,
WentalMagic here from Xbox hehe
Mate, what do you mean by the auction house regarding real money? and the looting aspect?
Thanks

Hey mate... long reply, but I'm assumming readers know little about D2.

Diablo 2 introduced (atleast to the mainsteam) the concept of different item rarities and drop rates. Items dropped of enemies would be classed as: Normal, Exceptional, Rare, Unique and Set Items. Each rarity had a colour indicator and it's stats/bonuses would be randomly generated (except for named unique/set items IIRC). On top of this items had % chance to drop off certain enemies... obviously the better the item the lower the % chance to drop etc.

Point 1) Percentages of Rare Loot !!!

Next thing about Diablo games is they're heavily randomised: the zones, the mobs, the dungeon layouts, the item/loot drops, the loot rarity and bonuses etc. You could clear a zone, quit/restart and the zone would be reloaded and re-randomised, to make it replayable.

Point 2) Replayable & Randomised !!!

Finally, of course D2 allowed for online gaming with other players... and as part of this it allowed people to trade items between one another. D2 communities quicker established online Auction Houses and trades between players... these trades might have been for in game items only, but also for real life $$$.

Point 3) Social Trade

Soooo in summary... 1) Percentages + 2) Random Replay + 3) Social Trade... you end up with GAMBLING FUNCTIONALITY within a game
(that children around the world are playing)... pretty much a very fun poker machine.

D2 players spent hours re-running known "good drop" zones in the hope something rare would drop (Google: "Stone of Jordan"). They would then sell/trade items (even for RL $) via community auction houses.

Of course all of this was very "new frontier" at the time. You can see the effects in WoW (and other MMOs) today with item rarities and in game auction houses.... attempting to keep the trading "in game".

Blizzard still haven't been able to control "Gold Farmers" (people who sell in game gold for RL $), which are seen as a blight on the game and community (they often hack accounts etc). Blizzard are trying to counter this by implementing an in game Auction House that will also support trading/buying/selling items for real life $$$. Blizzard will charge a small "transaction fee" for each transaction and make some $$ in the process, but they're trying to prevent "gold farmers" effecting D3.

So in total summary... D3 will still basically be an entertaining "poker machine" with players trying their luck at getting rare loot, but this time around will support players in exchanging RL $.

Cheers

I dont think i like this real cash trade business. But i guess it cant be helped, atleast this way it can be controlled to an extent.
I dont think i would ever pay real cash for an item no matter how good it is,

Never purchased MS points and then spent them on avatar items in the Xbox marketplace? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Diablo 3 out in less than a month

damn, i wish blizzard would just set a release date, instead of a general timeframe

diablo3bestbuy599px2_1325987207.jpg

notice that they spelled February wrong

diablo3bestbuy599px2_1325987207.jpg

notice that they spelled February wrong

Definitely a fake... Blizzard commented stating the retail outlets will find out the same time the public does via an official press release.

Dammit!...

But i dunno if EB employees would be "in the know"

Doubt it... they're probably just trolling industry forums/news each day. Blizzard won't tell anyone until the presser, I mean it's not like the game won't sell or retailers will care. Retailers will just be ready to roll as soon as they get the date.

Anticipation is annoying though. D2 was the 1st game I truely became addicted to. Had gamed for years before then but it was the 1st game that made me twist my RL to suit:
- late nights
- faking "can't sleep" to the GF so I could play
- canceling social activities
- throwing sickies

And it wasn't just for a few weeks, but for months.

Dammit! I saw the thread title and got so excited...

I dunno if this means anything but EB keep telling me Late Feb early March is what they are hearing.

But i dunno if EB employees would be "in the know"

EB wouldn't know more than the public. But i reckon the big wigs in head offcie would have more of an idea.....

OK, so I have been searching the net like most of ya's and havent really found anything except from this one statement on wikipedia when you search diablo 3:

Diablo III is an upcoming dark fantasy/horror-themed action role-playing game in development by Blizzard, making it the third installment in the Diablo franchise. The game, which features elements of the hack and slash and dungeon crawl genres, was first announced on June 28, 2008, at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational in Paris, France.[2] The game has been confirmed for release on February 5th 2012 for PC,Mac.A later date will be announced for consoles.[3]

went and had a look this morning, and the Feb 5 release date has now been removed off wikipedia

shattered

already pre ordered it so EB games said they will send me a text when they hear anyithing

no texts as of yet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back