Diamond Valley Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Singy wanted 25 large from Mont plus a job as the Spell Checker for J&B's Bigfooty posts.

Apparently Mont have no problem with paying the coin, but wanted someone with a wider vocabulary to help our resident wordsmith J&B out!!

They are prepared to spend some really big moola on filling this position, and I have heard a whisper that both MattyR & G.Y.T.M have sent in their resumes.

Stay tuned. :rolleyes:

:confused:

i thought most committees rely on us for the information!

but with the meeting tonight at DVFL house to talk about footy vic taking over the DVFL for $200000 maybe we should be running the league

GYTM could be president
KA could be the media liaison
J&B would be marketing managers
turtz could be the legal advisor

anyone else want a job on the unofficial DVFL committee?

Ok boys let me throw this one to you all. Hypothetical.

The current admin gets the ar se, and you are thrown in at the deep end and given the job of getting the DVFL back on its feet.

What 3 tasks would you set yourself to improve the competition and what changes would you implement to initiate those improvements?

Open slather, no right or wrong answers. Just opinions.

Ok boys let me throw this one to you all. Hypothetical.

The current admin gets the ar se, and you are thrown in at the deep end and given the job of getting the DVFL back on its feet.

What 3 tasks would you set yourself to improve the competition and what changes would you implement to initiate those improvements?

Open slather, no right or wrong answers. Just opinions.

1. Recruit a suitable person to put in charge of Umpiring Department. Improve all areas from Recruiting / Training / etc

2. Implement a completely independent Tribunal / Review process to stamp out behind the play incidents and on and off field violence and thuggery

3. Improve the communication between League and clubs, starting with the website.

If you could have a fourth as these above are pretty much spot on it would be for some of the clubs to bring their changerooms up to date instead of the toilet blocks or chook sheds supplied by some.

If you could have a fourth as these above are pretty much spot on it would be for some of the clubs to bring their changerooms up to date instead of the toilet blocks or chook sheds supplied by some.

Agreed.

Unfortunately as we are all aware most clubs are run fairly tight and don’t have the independant means to improve their rooms.

So to adding to Bearfans third suggestion: Whoever is in charge of improving communications between clubs an leauge, could also act in a lobbying role on behalf of and for those clubs that need it. First line of argument to the State government would be to try and get them to equal the funding provided to Eastern suburb football/cricket clubs over the years, …. and equally lobby local council for funding.

When it comes to funding for these sorts of things you need a professional, rational argument & approach and you have to ask, ask, and ask again……

just heard with stage 3 restrictions coming in during jan that banyule council will only water 12 grounds in the shire. these grounds havent been decided yet

just heard with stage 3 restrictions coming in during jan that banyule council will only water 12 grounds in the shire. these grounds havent been decided yet

Correct.

With an exemption Council can water 25% of our grounds, which is approximately 12 of the 50 grounds within Banyule.

apparently they will be sending out an advice before the end of the week which will detail further.. Might have a bigger impact on the cricket season.

Hey Turtz - are those forward defensives still racing to the boundary?

I'm not sure about which 3 tasks I would set, but the 1 task I would undertake as a priority would be:

Ensure that a thorough independent audit of DVFL's accounts was performed and ensure transparency of all Revenue /expenses was communicated to the clubs. In addition, would implement an accurate accounting and also ticketing system for gatetakings at all DVFL finals fixtures, including juniors.

Honestly, How the F... would you ever know how many people have gone to a finals games, let alone how many have actually paid, and how much the "trusted" gate keeper pocketing, if ye don't issue tickets. :eek:

I'm not sure if this will improve the competition, but at least people will have greater confidence that the funds we all put in are properly accounted for!

Correct.

With an exemption Council can water 25% of our grounds, which is approximately 12 of the 50 grounds within Banyule.

I have just spoken with the Banyule council and Apparently, the little ground at the end of Simms Rd, has a higher priority on it J&B. Therefore, Your ground has just been relegated to number 13 on the list!!

At least you will be getting new fancier clubrooms. So you will be able to sit and drink and look out the window at where the local footy used to be played. You might even have one of those tasty canteen hotdogs to help ease the pain.

But seriously, watering of grounds is a massive issue. What would be the impact if grounds were unsuitable to play on in 2007???

Loss of Revenue to clubs. :thumbsdown:
Loss of Players to other competitions:thumbsdown:
Even worse, I might have to stay at home with the missus on Sat Avro :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have just spoken with the Banyule council and Apparently, the little ground at the end of Simms Rd, has a higher priority on it J&B. Therefore, Your ground has just been relegated to number 13 on the list!!

At least you will be getting new fancier clubrooms. So you will be able to sit and drink and look out the window at where the local footy used to be played. You might even have one of those tasty canteen hotdogs to help ease the pain.

But seriously, watering of grounds is a massive issue. What would be the impact if grounds were unsuitable to play on in 2007???

Loss of Revenue to clubs. :thumbsdown:
Loss of Players to other competitions:thumbsdown:
Even worse, I might have to stay at home with the missus on Sat Avro :eek:

Are you serious?

That's where we are doing pre-season training ....

That makes sense - have a ground that is watered for pre season training - but not a ground to play on during the year :confused:

Anyway I'm predicting rain... 90,000 plus for boxing day - not an over bowled.

At least eltham will have a great surface to play on for the first six rounds, they are using Plenty cricket ground which has an exemption and looks an absolute picture, even if it is almost as small as mont.

y the hell would the play at plenty the ground is way too small for footy y not try and play on one of the lower eltham grounds or even anthony beale reserve?

I was at lower eltham a couple of weeks ago watching cricket and the players left more skin on the barren outfield than jazzy shows at a bundoora grand final wake

At least eltham will have a great surface to play on for the first six rounds, they are using Plenty cricket ground which has an exemption and looks an absolute picture, even if it is almost as small as mont.

I played on Plenty the other week and it's not as good as previous years. It looks nice from the boundary, but once you get on it there are some patchy areas, and it is quite uneven (especially at the non-clubroom end).

I think they'll still get the DVCA grand final, but I think the DVCA should consider moving the grand final to another venue (I think Bundoora's surface was actually better than Plenty this year, and by all reports Epping is in sensational nick as well). It would be worth it just to put a hole in Plenty's revenue and see if they can win a flag that they haven't paid for :D

I played on Plenty the other week and it's not as good as previous years. It looks nice from the boundary, but once you get on it there are some patchy areas, and it is quite uneven (especially at the non-clubroom end).

I think they'll still get the DVCA grand final, but I think the DVCA should consider moving the grand final to another venue (I think Bundoora's surface was actually better than Plenty this year, and by all reports Epping is in sensational nick as well). It would be worth it just to put a hole in Plenty's revenue and see if they can win a flag that they haven't paid for :D

What revenue could they get with no fence around the ground?

its still the best ground for the DVCA grand final, playing and watching! what cricket club are u from??

Ken Gannon was saying on tuesday night that if the majority of the grounds in ALL COMPS state wide do not improve by the start of Febuary, FV have no choice but to put the season back a month. This would mean that we only play 14 games instead of 18.

I cant see the grounds getting any better, as stage 3 restrictions are just around the corner. Interesting to see what stance they take come Febuary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back