Premier: Macleod
R/U: Lower Plenty
Goalkicker: Puffa
Medalist: Gibson/Kane Shaw

Div 1

Premier - Heid
Runners Up - West Preston
Goalkicker - Hall
Medallist - Bill Morrison ( West Preston )

Div 2

Premier - Lalor
Runner Up - Lower Plenty
Goalkicker - Puffa
Medallist - Kinnear

Div 2 premier : Parkside
R/U: Lalor
Best in comp: Brad Hockey / Darren Gresham
Goalkicker: David Pagliarallo

Devilish i am an optimistic man, But not THAT optimistic.
BTW i think Millsy or Diver would win B+F b4 those two. ANd Dallas would be leading goal kicker b4 Pags.

Div 2 : Premier W'Sea or McLeod
R/Up : W'Sea or McLeod
Best in Comp : Will Box by a country mile if he is fit.
Goalkicker : Brandt He'll kick 10 every week he play as home. They enter their frd 50 at least 55 times in a match, He only need to latch onto 10 of those from the goal square. Too easy.

Div 1 : Premier Heid by about 9 goals.
R/UP : Eltham or Monty
Best in Comp : Who knows.
Goal Kicking : Dean Grainger. Now West have picked up many more talls, he will take the 2nd or 3rd best tall backman. And he doesnt have Baker taking goals from him now.

Wooden Spoons : Div 1 : Nth Heid The slime will beat them eaisly.
Div 2 : Fawk Park. No recruits, only losses and retirements.

Biggest DV story : Rd 2 Nth H vs D Creek. Huge blue breaks out. First on the ground. Later in the crowd. Game abandoned. Next time round never b4 scenes of boys in blue presence around ground.

Go tigers!

Will Shaun Ryan and the other boys get cleared back once the DVFL season commences. I noticed they all had reasonable games for Echuca United last week.

I think you will find Gibbo will play more up the ground then just hang around the goal sqaure.

Also heard that Bundoora were supposed to host a practice match against St.Marys from the Geelong league this weekend, but have been told they can not use their ground have been orderded back off it from training. They asked my club if they could hold the game there, but I dont think St.Marys would be to happy with the extra 1 hour drive.Just speaking to a mate of mine, apparantly Aberfeldie have secured a practice match with St Marys this week...J&B can you give me an update with the progress of Ricky Frost???? Will he play, has he been training???? Cheers
i know you love putting bundoora down giveya and i, myself, wonder what they are thinking down there but i will say that the bundoora versus stmarys match is on this saturday at keilors ground in green gully rd . i was with the umpire last night who was being given the directions to get there by umpires chief. 1 pm saturday. bundoora is off the ground for 2 weeks as the council has put down seeds and wants time for grass to get hold. also on bad side for bundoora is that another big name has gone for a clearance , matty carmichael.good luck to all for the coming season, lets get it going .

i know you love putting bundoora down giveya and i, myself, wonder what they are thinking down there but i will say that the bundoora versus stmarys match is on this saturday at keilors ground in green gully rd . i was with the umpire last night who was being given the directions to get there by umpires chief. 1 pm saturday. bundoora is off the ground for 2 weeks as the council has put down seeds and wants time for grass to get hold. also on bad side for bundoora is that another big name has gone for a clearance , matty carmichael.good luck to all for the coming season, lets get it going .

BundooraYarra Valley Mountain District Football League (Woori Yallock)Carmichael, MatthewPending11/04/07

Any of you folks interested in fielding a team? :p

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314342

Regional Leagues Fantasy Footy League?

Seeking interest in players for a Regional Leagues fantasy footy comp.

This is a) not real footy and b) not pick-a-team-of-AFL-players footy. Its even lazier!

All you do is express interest, I'll do the rest via QOOTY, a crappy random aussie rules simulator I created years ago and have been trying to bring up to speed. FAQs here : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75728

I'll try to collate a league of teams that are representative of the more popular local leagues here, so I need raised hands from the posters. I won't make up any names, I won't allow any sudden new arrivals.

So either post here or PM me if you want your Bigfooty alter-ego registered for a team.

Hopefully we can turn some rivalries into some even more potent partnerships!

I'll probably aim for starting the season, say, end of next week. I MAY have to be an inflexible prick with okaying a team and treating latecomers.

For this season, hopefully the inaugural season of an ongoing league, all we need are 20 players per team. There is already a Fantasy league, more closely based on the AFL clubs, at Bigfooty, here : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30 - its into its 7th season and has developed a bit of history! There is also another league at another footy forum site, this year with only 3 teams but had been as strong as 5 clubs in its 3 year tenure.

So get in touch if you're interested. Remember you don't have to do anything apart from dob your Bigfooty nickname in for a spot. Please tell me which club/league of regional footy you would prefer to be aligned with (please state both).

We'll see how we go. If it doesn't happen, ah well, if it happens later than I hope ... I'll still give it a burl.

Onward lads! ...

BTW i think Millsy or Diver would win B+F b4 those two. ANd Dallas would be leading goal kicker b4 Pags.

yeah it was very optimistic by Devilish but not sure why u think Millsy and Diver would be a better chance of winning it seeing as Gresham won 1st BnF last year with Hockey coming 2nd???...I do agree that the goal kicking would be out of Pags & Dallas though as they usually do kick a few for the Devils

i know you love putting bundoora down giveya and i, myself, wonder what they are thinking down there but i will say that the bundoora versus stmarys match is on this saturday at keilors ground in green gully rd . i was with the umpire last night who was being given the directions to get there by umpires chief. 1 pm saturday. bundoora is off the ground for 2 weeks as the council has put down seeds and wants time for grass to get hold. also on bad side for bundoora is that another big name has gone for a clearance , matty carmichael.good luck to all for the coming season, lets get it going .I wasnt having a crack at them mate, thats what I seriously heard... My previous post started with "Just speaking with a mate of mine"..... Having dramas with my PC at the moment, I apologise if my computer illiteracyis causing any misunderstandings at the moment though...

yeah it was very optimistic by Devilish but not sure why u think Millsy and Diver would be a better chance of winning it seeing as Gresham won 1st BnF last year with Hockey coming 2nd???...I do agree that the goal kicking would be out of Pags & Dallas though as they usually do kick a few for the Devils

Interesting that Pakside get a fair run on here. Usually its divvy 1, or divvy 2 clubs that have a host of ex divvy 1 ppl in them. Ala Watsy and Thommo. Millsy n Diver will take out the B n F hands down. As long as the following 2 occur. They both stay injury free, and they both play around the midfield, back flank to forward flank. Then again, maybe the devils have picked up sum new talent ?? ??

Hockey came 2nd in b & f and only played about 7 or 8 games - absoloute gun

Interesting that Pakside get a fair run on here. Usually its divvy 1, or divvy 2 clubs that have a host of ex divvy 1 ppl in them. Ala Watsy and Thommo. Millsy n Diver will take out the B n F hands down. As long as the following 2 occur. They both stay injury free, and they both play around the midfield, back flank to forward flank. Then again, maybe the devils have picked up sum new talent ?? ??

if Brad Hockey stays fit and plays anything more than 12 games he will win it by a mile...Diver will be lucky to finish top 5 IMO

my prediction on players from last year would be

1st Hockey
2nd Gresham
3rd Millsy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Div one

Premiers Heidleberg
Medal Russell Lee
Goalkicking Baker (will play at w/preston)

Div 2

Premiers Macleod v Whittlsea
Medal Gibson or Quinton
Goalkicking Gissing, much better delivery then he has had in past

Reservoir had a meeting tonight and have folded, 100% certain.

Have heard that Rob White quit the previous night and the committee have decided to fold for current season. Is there anyone who was there who can confirm.

If so Division 2 is starting to resemble a Junior Season with only 14 games for each team now. Hopefully Wallan don't do the same when they have there meeting next week.

Have heard that Rob White quit the previous night and the committee have decided to fold for current season. Is there anyone who was there who can confirm.

If so Division 2 is starting to resemble a Junior Season with only 14 games for each team now. Hopefully Wallan don't do the same when they have there meeting next week.

announced last night before training proper had strted that coach had quit
club decided not to field a senior or reserves team for 2007 as there were not enough numbers
club will still field u/19 side and have juniors running along with superrules

quite a sad state of affairs going from a prelim final to not being able to field a team

before all the rubbish starts flying around re the club and the reason why they won't field a side

club is debt free
club has its highest sponsorship numbers ever
clubrooms are being extended and renovated
off field things are going well
u/19 have good numbers
superrules have great numbers over 40 each night

it all came down to the number of players who walked out on the club.

without knowing each and every players thoughts, it was due to the fact that the some players wanted a particular players mate to coach, the club said no as the club wanted a long term comittment (3 years) not a short term comittment (1 year)
some players crack the sooks so they leave, convince their mates to leave also
numbers are low, so players who are left start looking else where, it all snowballs.

Any praccy matches on this weekend?

Eltham play the Bergs at Warringal Park tomorrow.
Some notable players fronting up in the early game in Gay, Laing (M) & Dean. Also, watch out for a guy by the name of Jason Kennedy and his mate Sheildsy from Tat who will handle the Valley no probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back