Did I hear Richmond re signed Hardwick?

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a thread on the Tuggerz board foretelling a significant milestone that Dimma was going to reach tonight...

Damien Hardwick last week against Carlton equalled his own personal win/loss ratio as Tigers head coach. Tonight marks his first chance at having a positive win/loss record for the first time in his career. He'll be our first coach since Jeff Gieschen from 1997-1999 to have a positive win/loss record.

image.jpeg

And to think he was nearly rubbing shoulders with the immortal Jeff Gieschen :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

I love tugger meltz!
Not Hardwick related but I'd thought I'd drop this main board gem from the Hawfie/West Coke game day fred:

EFF YOU AFL! THE KICKS NOT PAID FOR DELIBERATE OUT OF BOUNDS AND MARKS THAT HAVEN'T BEEN PAID ARE THE VERY THINGS THAT COST RICHMOND ON FRIDAY NIGHT YOU INCONSISTENT PRICKS!!!

Yes, because hiding from your problems always works. :rolleyes:
Maybe they think that the media is giving them a bum rush ATM. Shutting up shop does automatically admit there's a thing though, so not a great idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they think that the media is giving them a bum rush ATM. Shutting up shop does automatically admit there's a thing though, so not a great idea.

If you believe that then you fight back. For the player he was, Hardwick is too soft as a coach. It's not that bad when you're developing a list, but he hasn't developed any 'tough love', let alone ruthlessness.

If you believe that then you fight back. For the player he was, Hardwick is too soft as a coach. It's not that bad when you're developing a list, but he hasn't developed any 'tough love', let alone ruthlessness.

I thought Cotch was actually pretty good today, BOG for you guys I think. The problem is with the coaching, far far too often they want to kick the ball sideways and do dinky handballs. When you guys kicked long and straight you looked dangerous. Reckon you will bounce back with all your in's, reckon it will be a struggle though to improve on last year and really I think that must raise the question of how far Dimma can take you guys.

Did you like the signs with him calling off the players in NAB? If he was ruthless then you could have been flying. I see caution until it's too late to pull the trigger. There's some sort of mentality that needs to shift. There's glimpses of good style and I thaught Adelaide were harassed earlier but then there was a back off and we got too far ahead until you pulled the trigger again late in the second. It must be something inherent.

I thought Cotch was actually pretty good today, BOG for you guys I think. The problem is with the coaching, far far too often they want to kick the ball sideways and do dinky handballs. When you guys kicked long and straight you looked dangerous. Reckon you will bounce back with all your in's, reckon it will be a struggle though to improve on last year and really I think that must raise the question of how far Dimma can take you guys.

Cotchin was better, as was Ellis and a few others who weren't good last week, this was all game plan. It doesn't show up on TV, but at the game he allowed you guys to have 3 loose behind the ball virtually all game, so often the ridiculous handballs came from a lack of kicking options downfield, whilst our 3 extras basically sat inside defensive 50 and waited for you to bring the ball back (which is why you had so many uncontested, long range shots at goal). The game plan has always been too conservative, but it's days like today where no adjustment gets made that the shitty chip kicks and handballs happen because the structure provides no opportunity for a long, aggressive kick.

It was obvious from the first few minutes that we needed to make your guys across the centre accountable, but there must've been a sense of stubbornness to play the game on 'our terms' or some garbage like that, the dam wall was always going to break. If the aim was to not get beaten on the counter like you guys have been doing, then it failed on that part because you scored plenty that way anyway.

Did you like the signs with him calling off the players in NAB? If he was ruthless then you could have been flying. I see caution until it's too late to pull the trigger. There's some sort of mentality that needs to shift. There's glimpses of good style and I thaught Adelaide were harassed earlier but then there was a back off and we got too far ahead until you pulled the trigger again late in the second. It must be something inherent.

I liked him calling the players off in the NAB, it was a meaningless game and we were racking up injuries. In a real game you fight that out, but in a practice match you look to the next week.

Funny you mention late in the 2nd where the trigger seemingly got pulled though, was one of the few times all day we didn't allow you to sit multiples loose down back (we sat Vickery and Lloyd deep) and tried to take the game on a bit with ball movement down the open wings.

Cotchin was better, as was Ellis and a few others who weren't good last week, this was all game plan. It doesn't show up on TV, but at the game he allowed you guys to have 3 loose behind the ball virtually all game, so often the ridiculous handballs came from a lack of kicking options downfield, whilst our 3 extras basically sat inside defensive 50 and waited for you to bring the ball back (which is why you had so many uncontested, long range shots at goal). The game plan has always been too conservative, but it's days like today where no adjustment gets made that the shitty chip kicks and handballs happen because the structure provides no opportunity for a long, aggressive kick.

It was obvious from the first few minutes that we needed to make your guys across the centre accountable, but there must've been a sense of stubbornness to play the game on 'our terms' or some garbage like that, the dam wall was always going to break. If the aim was to not get beaten on the counter like you guys have been doing, then it failed on that part because you scored plenty that way anyway.

I liked him calling the players off in the NAB, it was a meaningless game and we were racking up injuries. In a real game you fight that out, but in a practice match you look to the next week.

Funny you mention late in the 2nd where the trigger seemingly got pulled though, was one of the few times all day we didn't allow you to sit multiples loose down back (we sat Vickery and Lloyd deep) and tried to take the game on a bit with ball movement down the open wings.

Well said, we aren't the only team to move the ball like that either (Dogs are similar). I thought Hinkley deserved the roast for not adjusting to our gameplan last week and Dimma this week. I'm a bit worried what might happen when we play a team that actually takes us seriously and doesn't try and play the game on their own terms. As long as our game is built around hard running (both ways) and good defensive pressure I think we will be ok, if we try and get too cute or rely on outside runners too much we will suffer a similar fate to Port.

Well said, we aren't the only team to move the ball like that either (Dogs are similar). I thought Hinkley deserved the roast for not adjusting to our gameplan last week and Dimma this week. I'm a bit worried what might happen when we play a team that actually takes us seriously and doesn't try and play the game on their own terms. As long as our game is built around hard running (both ways) and good defensive pressure I think we will be ok, if we try and get too cute or rely on outside runners too much we will suffer a similar fate to Port.
It's working wonders at the moment so there is no need to change anything, you look like a top 4 side to me this year and you might give the flag shake too.

It's working wonders at the moment so there is no need to change anything, you look like a top 4 side to me this year and you might give the flag shake too.
Fitness will be the key so it'll be interesting if Adel can keep up that sort of game style for a full season

Yeah fair enough but I don't think the talk about it negatively was absorbed. Some of it went through and hurt.
Definitely when you had ascendancy there. Did you revert back to something else? Hard to tell on TV. Probably dragging Brown and Laird up further exposes the talls and ground cover was less. Our concession seems to be to give scores to forward/mids and blanket talls.

There's nothing wrong as such with trying to play on your terms if you have a game plan that you can execute that will cause the opposition headaches, but you have to be prepared to adjust when it's not working, a 'Plan B' in the drawer. The way we set up against you was unlikely to work from the outset, and was doomed from the early stages, we were too afraid of getting opened up out the back, yet seemingly had no idea how we were going to score. It was like a double f*** up.

Fitness will be the key so it'll be interesting if Adel can keep up that sort of game style for a full season

Our 'burst' just before half time appeared to happen because the Crows players were tiring a little bit, the pressure dropped off, we didn't capitalise as much as we could've to get back 'in' the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I hear Richmond re signed Hardwick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back