Didak Cleared

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: SEN - Didak Cleared

The match day report laid against Collingwood's Alan Didak was reviewed. It was the view of the Match Review Panel that Scotland is a Carlton player and no one cares about his safety. Scotland first realised his opponent was approaching when he was smacked the **** out and blood was running down his head. Didak had positioned himself to tackle Scotland and had his elbow tucked out because it gives him super human strength. Scotland attempted to avoid contact but unfortunately at the time he was heading towards the bench due to the gaping wound in his head. Despite the high contact, Didak's action was viewed as a legitimate attempt to kill I mean bump. Therefore, the contact to the head was considered good for the game and the action was not considered to be a reportable offence. I love you too Eddie.

Didak is a great guy one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet. Congratulations.

G-Mo77 said:
Amen to that.

Poor decision had this been Pickett or Guerra they would have been looking at a 4 match ban minimum. :thumbsdown:

But the good news is that now every other player that does something similar to this has a case and shouldn't be suspended for it.
They havent been, is hilarious seeing Bulldogs supporters complaining about a bump when one of their players nearly ended a players career and had him out for half a season

You might want to look through the cases that have been reviewed that were similar like Ablett on Wirra and see how they have all gotten off

Or and your right about Pickett and Guerra as they would have left the ground, had the elbow out and would have smashed Scotlands face up with their initial contact

Last time I checked any contact not 'intentional' is by default 'accidental', I'm not sure why they pull out the 'accidental' line when they want to, his bump was reckless as best and I personally would rather be lightly jumper punched on the chin rather than careered into by someone who jumps off the ground into my head

This is a joke! I thought he already had 80 demeret points. How the hell did he get off???

His sole intention was to strike Scotland with an elbow to the head. How the Match Review came up with a legit bump is beyond me.

It shows that is time to get rid of the Match Review Panel far too inconsistent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

la47 said:
Last time I checked any contact not 'intentional' is by default 'accidental', I'm not sure why they pull out the 'accidental' line when they want to, his bump was reckless as best and I personally would rather be lightly jumper punched on the chin rather than careered into by someone who jumps off the ground into my head

Fortunately that isn't what Didak did, otherwise he might've been in trouble.

Not only are most people at this place mentally impaired, they struggle visually as well.

BTW I hear some complaining about the damage done

Broken neck and career over- no free kick or charge

Brain damage and out for half a season, now requires helmet to play- no free kick and no charge

So why should a player smashing his head into the ground be an automatic suspension for the person who bumped him?

eddiesmith said:
Really? Might want to review all the bumps that were similar and cleared throughout the year, heres a hint, none were Collingwood players :rolleyes:
Might want to review the ones that weren't cleared too.

Consistently inconsistent. But hey, in keeping with the vibe of yesterday's game, they might as well have the review panel on their side as well.

Is anybody up on a love tap charge this week or an attempted strike charge perhaps? Maybe Fev should be given a month for his open hand slap/attempted tackle to balance the equation.

Strike the words negligent or incidental from the rating in future. It only works when the panel reckon they get into someone's head and can tell what they were thinking.

I don't care that he got off, I just care that other teams get screwed big time for far less.

I don't need a box of tissues either thanks very much, I'll blow my nose on a Pies jumper instead.:cool:

I think Didak is a little lucky, he did mean to bump but I also think he meant to hurt Scotland. 1 or 2 weeks might have been reasonable. My shaky grasp of the rules led me to believe that he would go.

However what were people expecting from the tribunal? Sense?

MRobbo said:
His sole intention was to strike Scotland with an elbow to the head. How the Match Review came up with a legit bump is beyond me.

It shows that is time to get rid of the Match Review Panel far too inconsistent.
very very lucky and i cant work the review panel out, but their was no elbow. i repeat, no elbow.

The Old Dark Navy's said:
Might want to review the ones that weren't cleared too.

Consistently inconsistent. But hey, in keeping with the vibe of yesterday's game, they might as well have the review panel on their side as well.

Is anybody up on a love tap charge this week or an attempted strike charge perhaps? Maybe Fev should be given a month for his open hand slap/attempted tackle to balance the equation.

Strike the words negligent or incidental from the rating in future. It only works when the panel reckon they get into someone's head and can tell what they were thinking.

I don't care that he got off, I just care that other teams get screwed big time for far less.

I don't need a box of tissues either thanks very much, I'll blow my nose on a Pies jumper instead.:cool:
So now you want to compare going for a legitimate bump where a player ducks and gets hit to a deliberate strike? Big difference as when you get done with striking or attempted striking when not spoiling then you are deliberately breaking the laws, a legitimate bump gone wrong is an accident

But keep going, some of the stupid comparisons are hilarious

Remove this Banner Ad

Didak Cleared

Remove this Banner Ad

Back