Didak - stay or go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Didak - say or go?

We can't put him up for trade and then backpedal when the trades not sufficient.
Why on earth not? It's not like he has to sit in the Myer Bourke Street window with a "for sale" sign on his head. During trade week, representatives from each club speak with advocates for all other clubs. If in the course of conversation Joe Bloggs asks "is Didak on the table?" and we say "if there's a top-5 pick in the offing", the ball is rolling and we're not backed into a corner at all.

In this case I reckon we can put him up for trade and if we don't get an offer or a good one keep him. Because he screwed up in huge way he can't be insulted or disgruntled as he'd know he just got lucky that we try to send off to the other end of country.

I'm for keeping him because I can't see us getting any decent offer. Plus with the GC coming in next year we might be able to get a top 5 pick for him as they build a list. Yeah I don't think people would want to start a new club with a tainted player but they just might if he goes out of his way to rebuild his public image with some intensive community work.

I didn't vote because to me it depends on the player group. If they can trust him after he lied to them, he stays. If not, he goes.

A team that doesn't have trust is a collection of individuals, not a team.

Why on earth not? It's not like he has to sit in the Myer Bourke Street window with a "for sale" sign on his head. During trade week, representatives from each club speak with advocates for all other clubs. If in the course of conversation Joe Bloggs asks "is Didak on the table?" and we say "if there's a top-5 pick in the offing", the ball is rolling and we're not backed into a corner at all.

Exactly. Or even, "Ïs Didak on the table" we say "yes", the other club says "what do you want", we say "what would you offer".

I think Didak is well liked by his teammates. That would play a part in any trade.

Has to stay. I don't suppose any of you self righteous clowns have ever lied in your life to your parents or teachers ? Get a life. Didak is a brilliant footballer and think he's genuinely sorry for his actions. Get rid of Lonie, Holland, Johnson and Toovey. Get Cousins and give a serious challenge to the 2009/10 seasons. I think Dawes will end up being a gun :thumbsu:

Spot on. Every day we have politicians lying through their teeth and everone turns a blind eye. Didak is a gun and remained faithful to Collingwood even though teams like the Crows have been after him.

This is all a bloody media beat and to say that things would have been different if Didak didnt lie is just a crock of shit. They would have been all over him either way. He deserves to get punished but you would think the bloke committed mass murder with all this bs going on.

Biggest overreaction of all time. I would sack him if he committed rape, murder, fraud, etc..and things like that. For being a passenger in a car and lying about it??? I'm not sure what crime that is. Are some of you guys serious? Jesus Christ is the only person not to have lied that's walked this earth. The rest of the working population should be sacked from their employment if that is the case. By the way did Franklin admit to being a passenger when Wellingham got busted for drink driving or did he do the same as Didak?

Stay for me. Always been my favorite player and like others have pointed out, if he did something criminally wrong would be against, but with a huge media beat up over not much, he should stay.

Also its not like our abundance of talent allows us the luxury of ridding ourselves of an excellent player.

Was interesting to note that Brian Taylor during a conversation regarding this before tonights Geelong-Melb game made mention that he thought Didak would stay. I know he isn't a full time employee there at the Woods but interesting none the less to hear thoughts from someone who works with the club.

stay!

put it into perspective of what hes done. so what its a lie, media just proves why he tried to keep it on the down low. the way they have blown it up is disgraceful.

whats worse is our own supporters believing the media hype that its that bad.

what a hypocritical world we live in when journalists are out with knives over a footballer lying.

To all faithful collingwood supporters we know what everyone else thinks of the issue but do you think he should stay or go?
It should be neither stay or go at this point in time. He has been given until the end of the season to show to his teammates on the training track that he is as determined to stay as he says he is. If he is supportive to the club, and as desperate on the training track, despite not playing again this season, then that could save his career at Collingwood.

Collingwood must take some responsibility for not suspending him last season, but now that has been done, it may already have done the trick. If he stays, a clause must be included back in his contract. If he is traded, then it must take a good player and a high draft pick as it was with Tarrant.

The media have loved sinking the boots in this week and calling for him to be sacked, but that is only because they want to see Collingwood lose their best player, but I doubt very much that a decision has already been made. I'm sure Didak has until the end of the season to decide his own fate, because clubs don't off-load All-Australians and Best and Fairest winners unless every option to keep the player has not been fully exhausted first.

His last chance is already occurring right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To all faithful collingwood supporters we know what everyone else thinks of the issue but do you think he should stay or go? Based on everything that has been said over the past couple of days on tv and in the newspaper i'm interested in everyones opinion on the issue. He is one of our best players and even though he has lied do you think he deserves a second chance? Or do you believe he should be traded or sacked?

Get the idiot out of the club imo.

Since when has he been a quality midfielder?

Since he has spent more time up the ground around the midfield as opposed to being stuck on a HFF.

He is better than any other midfielder we have except for Swan and Pendles.

He is also the best player at the club. This is not a Chris Tarrant scenario where he can easily be replaced. This is not a firesale either.

Heads will roll if Didak is traded.

Since when has he been a quality midfielder?

Too true, Didak is an Elite HFF that's it.

He's possibly only behind Stevie J and slightly ahead of Aker (as far as this year goes) for the best HFF in the comp.

Teams must just love when he moves into the midfield because he just can't hurt them anywhere near as much.

Pies have a chance to start fresh and get some new young talent if they trade him.

Go Pies!:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Didak - stay or go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back